PDA

View Full Version : Hotel check

L.Mark
03-23-2017, 04:19 PM
OK here's the deal, in order to secure these block of rooms from this hotel last year I had to put up my credit card. The surrounding hotels were more expensive and most would not block the amount of rooms needed for our gathering. So again this year I had to secure it with my card. One of the stipulations for this is if all the rooms aren't reserved the balance of the charge will go on my card making me responsible. We are short this year according to Lindsey so I will get charged and this will impact future Louisville Meets. Not trying to throw out any guilt here but the facts are in and the cards will fall. So I guess if you want the Louisville's to continue as they are I would definitely show support and not let it go away like Marauderville is in danger of doing...I believe these events are as special as the people who attend them and I personally don't want to see the only gatherings are a breakfast meet ups and parking lot meets...but that's just me...

Thank you for your support.

If you have a reservation at the hotel please check in below with the name you have booked with please...trying to figure somethings out...

justbob
03-23-2017, 04:23 PM
Bob Rogers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curless
03-23-2017, 04:58 PM
Come on people, everyone's quick to complain about what we do or where we stay, nobody wants to lay their personal money on the line. If you want these meets to take place you have to actually show up! The amount of work it takes to arrange a meet is huge. Support those who support you. Lmark and TJ have stepped up since Mike stepped down... If we don't support them the Louisville meet will die. This is so important for a yearly kick off... Anyone who has been to one will tell you it's a riot! Make a reservation, come down, meet some great people, have a good time!

Granddaddy Marq
03-23-2017, 05:06 PM
Louis Andriulli

WPG_Merc
03-23-2017, 07:43 PM
Gordon Roberge Confirmation Number: 35219995

:canada: with a bad PM :shake::shake::shake:

Ken
03-23-2017, 08:00 PM
OK here's the deal, in order to secure these block of rooms from this hotel last year I had to put up my credit card. The surrounding hotels were more expensive and most would not block the amount of rooms needed for our gathering. So again this year I had to secure it with my card. One of the stipulations for this is if all the rooms aren't reserved the balance of the charge will go on my card making me responsible. We are short this year according to Lindsey so I will get charged and this will impact future Louisville Meets. Not trying to throw out any guilt here but the facts are in and the cards will fall. So I guess if you want the Louisville's to continue as they are I would definitely show support and not let it go away like Marauderville is in danger of doing...I believe these events are as special as the people who attend them and I personally don't want to see the only gatherings are a breakfast meet ups and parking lot meets...but that's just me...

Thank you for your support.

If you have a reservation at the hotel please check in below with the name you have booked with please...trying to figure somethings out...Good Luck, Why should I support Louisville? I didn't get the support for Marauderville. I also had to guarantee the rooms on my credit card, enough said!
I thank the ones that came, but most of you would rather have your us against them mentality; Sad, but our days are becoming numbered. Louisvile used to be a must attend, but I lost all enthusiasm for the event, when the majority of you decide to skip the last three MVs. So, I've decided to skip Louisville and work the last week of tax season and see everyone in Carlisle. Not worth losing any more money...

off my:soapbox:

Black Terror
03-24-2017, 04:28 AM
William L Bandy, Confirmation 38639864

Gryphonzus
03-24-2017, 06:08 AM
Steven Zimmerman, Confirmation #34394639

Roadwarrior
03-24-2017, 06:24 AM
Richard Her######; confirmation ****2133.

DWSTANG67
03-24-2017, 07:40 AM
DEAN PAE CONFIRMATION #39063159

L.Mark
03-24-2017, 06:02 PM
Good Luck, Why should I support Louisville? I didn't get the support for Marauderville. I also had to guarantee the rooms on my credit card, enough said!
I thank the ones that came, but most of you would rather have your us against them mentality; Sad, but our days are becoming numbered. Louisvile used to be a must attend, but I lost all enthusiasm for the event, when the majority of you decide to skip the last three MVs. So, I've decided to skip Louisville and work the last week of tax season and see everyone in Carlisle. Not worth losing any more money...

off my:soapbox:

No offense but from my point of view as stated when I took over Louisville there was NO US vs THEM at this meet, so to not attend because of that thinking is short minded and spiteful...did I attend last years Marauderville, no, but only cause my wife and I had NO vacation time to make it a worth while trip...Maybe I am out of the loop on the us vs them BS, and if so I'm thankful, because that has Never entered into play with the Louisville Meet... We are destroying what we built because of slogans and egos, so in a sense aren't we all short minded and spiteful...pretty sad, we seem to be acting like Mustang owners...

Mebot
03-24-2017, 06:12 PM
Why did you have to secure rooms with a credit card? Maybe I've never worked with a hotel that requires this.

Ladyhawke
03-24-2017, 06:59 PM
We have two rooms, under Gordon and Rachel. Also could you please verify with your hotel contact that they are adjoining rooms as I had requested? Thanks!

L.Mark
03-24-2017, 08:33 PM
We have two rooms, under Gordon and Rachel. Also could you please verify with your hotel contact that they are adjoining rooms as I had requested? Thanks!

I will ask Lindsey...:D

lji372
03-25-2017, 03:44 AM
Irwin 2 rooms sweetcheeks

lji372
03-25-2017, 03:45 AM

I made a request, they would not confirm anything for me grrr...

MM2004
03-25-2017, 06:28 AM
Getting a solid count on the rooms is gonna be a biatch. Even with members posting up that they're booked, doesn't account for what days they check-in and check-out. Without that detail, it's an estimate.
If this Lindsey is worth a shat, she should be able to tell you exactly how many rooms are accounted for without members posting up their full names and their confirmation numbers on an open forum. (Not very wise in my opinion)
Face value, it appears Lindsey has you by your curly short hairs, and now Louisville, as an annual event, is in jeopardy? That sucks.
I never anticipated Louisville would become as successful as it once was, and knew there would come a time that interest would dwindle. Just not this fast, nor this soon.
Difficulty filling 25 rooms today versus having about 45 rooms filled 2 short years ago is absolutely brutal. I am sure there are other factors involved as to why this has happened so suddenly.
Yeah, I stepped down, handed it over for you to keep alive.
It's your show and best of luck.

Bluerauder
03-25-2017, 07:55 AM
Difficulty filling 25 rooms today versus having about 45 rooms filled 2 short years ago is absolutely brutal..

That turnout was 3 years ago for the 9th Annual Louisville meet, 3-6 April 2014 for the "Suspended in Time" tribute to SC Cheesehead. I believe that was the last year at the Hampton on Alliant Ave.

Roadwarrior
03-25-2017, 08:26 AM
Would this year's meet being in the week before Easter may have at least some effect on attendance?:dunno::dunno:

Ladyhawke
03-25-2017, 08:29 AM
I will ask Lindsey...:D

Thanks!! :up:

If can't be adjoining, please ensure the same floor and rooms near each other.

MM2004
03-25-2017, 08:33 AM
That turnout was 3 years ago for the 9th Annual Louisville meet, 3-6 April 2014 for the "Suspended in Time" tribute to SC Cheesehead. I believe that was the last year at the Hampton on Alliant Ave.

I was referring to the 10th Annual that was hosted at the Hampton Inn on Alliant.

a_d_a_m
03-25-2017, 08:41 AM
Would this year's meet being in the week before Easter may have at least some effect on attendance?:dunno::dunno: Undoubtedly.

FWIW and YMMV (obviously), I've planned or assisted with no fewer than 5 Panther-related meets involving hotels, and was able to secure guaranteed blocks and preferred rates without the use of a credit card...which is good, because my credit blows. :D

L.Mark
03-25-2017, 10:14 PM
The 10th Anniversary was a NIGHTMARE with the Hampton...they have changes owners more than a used Honda. They also did not respond back to calls till well after another hotel was already booked. The hotels from then on were basically ALL booked around our normal meet time. And the ones that could accommodate were high...so going to the Hyatt, at the time was nearly the only choice. And since that first time it has only gotten tighter and tighter with the bookings either with price or availability. The best was done from what was out there...there were other hotels that did not require a CC but again, they either couldn't block the number of rooms needed OR were high on the rates...THe block of rooms were set low simply because if my own money is on the line I'm going to limit the damage...I actually increased the number of blocked rooms this year but had to back that off since most were put out because of the Easter weekend and pushing back the meet by ONE DAY!!!!! Gone are the days of 45 cars in the parking lot at these meets since a lot of the veteran owners are selling and getting out, which hasn't been gradual, it's been like walking off a cliff. So naturally these Meets will suffer, this years Louisville, last 2 years Maraudervilles...the participation is just not there. No one is to blame the cycle is just changing...

Bigdogjim
03-25-2017, 11:07 PM
I use to run 2,000 miles plus to get to meets, I zoom to Florida for a weekend, 1,100 miles one way, back in the day I went to Atlanta for breakfast.

Times change still have the car, miss a lot of people but the job gets in the way, health issues, family. etc.

Guittard22
03-26-2017, 04:24 AM
I use to run 2,000 miles plus to get to meets, I zoom to Florida for a weekend, 1,100 miles one way, back in the day I went to Atlanta for breakfast.

Times change still have the car, miss a lot of people but the job gets in the way, health issues, family. etc.

I know that marauder keeps going and going - :beer: I seen your car in person with I am sure a lot less miles - what's it been 3 years ?

I know much planning goes in all meets of any kind takes a lot of responsible people and well planning people to make this happen the only real me and I've been to that I've had to stay in a hotel was in New Hampshire an absolute blast met a lot of good members on here also had a really good time playing on the highway and cleaning the dam car four times before the show just to find out that my rims looked like crap inside lol cost me points ! But I feel like time and generation kills all - even with my job currently now work ethic with the younger generation 18 to 25 is absolutely nuts .

Not sure Where I was going on with this rambling but hopefully the show happens and you get all the necessary rooms filled

Ken
03-26-2017, 05:47 AM
We are destroying what we built because of slogans and egos, so in a sense aren't we all short minded and spiteful...pretty sad, we seem to be acting like Mustang owners...Well said! I left last year mid day April 15 to come down to Louisville to personally invite everyone to MV. The ones that came to MV14, five hours away, were mostly the same ones that made the road trip to Vegas for MV13, and MV12... of which the hometown boys decided to have an alternate gathering...

L.Mark
03-26-2017, 10:16 AM
Well said! I left last year mid day April 15 to come down to Louisville to personally invite everyone to MV. The ones that came to MV14, five hours away, were mostly the same ones that made the road trip to Vegas for MV13, and MV12... of which the hometown boys decided to have an alternate gathering...

Alternate gathering??? It is flat out rude to pkan ir have a gathering when one has been planned WELL in advance...you draw away from the main one...not cool...I get itb feelings were hurt iver several incedents but that doesn't make you hate the events ir the people you call fsmily and friends over night...we are a small community who cares about a small number of cars that basically the rest of the car world could care about...WE are all we have...the car be damned, it's always been about the people...

Bigdogjim
03-26-2017, 11:22 AM
I know that marauder keeps going and going - :beer: I seen your car in person with I am sure a lot less miles - what's it been 3 ?

Yes at least 3 years I retired in 2011 wanted to do something a little less involved:) I tried wedding trollies in Philadelphia for about 5 years problem it was always Friday, Saturday, Sunday money was great however was able to go anywhere.

Then I started delivering coaches (think greyhound types) and that was a wild ride I loved it all over the Country having a blast. Last year 165 nights in hotel rooms.

Why own a house if I am never there? I admit the car and pickup suffered.

Now I am switching again to something close to home only working a few hours in the afternoon I made it clear I travel to car meets/shows all over the USA:)

I had hoped to make Looseville this year to see friends I have not seen in years and as always meet new one.

We will meet up again I am sure but now hold your course cause I know people depend on you.
Be safe.

YIMMA
03-26-2017, 01:49 PM
Under wife's name, Joan Samples, confirmation # 37215027

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

L.Mark
03-26-2017, 05:04 PM
Note, I don't need confirmation numbers just the name it's under to check things out...thanks guys!!!

8UWITH6
03-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Will be there with a blue car for the blue's gathering. Zero given.

WPG_Merc
03-26-2017, 08:02 PM

Did you want meet at the same spot to convoy like last year.

Baconbit
03-27-2017, 02:05 AM
Campbell with three people total

Zero Given cuz I am gonna have me a good time!! And everyone else should too!

L.Mark
03-27-2017, 03:09 AM
Campbell with three people total

Zero Given cuz I am gonna have me a good time!! And everyone else should too!

This will NOT curtail my wife an I enjoy some liquids n stuffs with you...AND everybody else...:beer::beer::beer::bana na2::banana2:

03mmmonroe
03-27-2017, 06:10 AM
Note, I don't need confirmation numbers just the name it's under to check things out...thanks guys!!!

I just called to book a room and they told me the block of room is sold out. So I am staying with my reservation that I have thru my work account ford motor.

Russ

L.Mark
03-27-2017, 10:52 AM
I just called to book a room and they told me the block of room is sold out. So I am staying with my reservation that I have thru my work account ford motor.

Russ

Hey Russ, when you get a chance PM me what name that is under please...

knine
03-27-2017, 04:30 PM
Room reserved under Earin Land

knine
03-27-2017, 04:36 PM

Make that 2 blues.

8UWITH6
03-27-2017, 08:41 PM
Did you want meet at the same spot to convoy like last year.

We can do that Gordon.