PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rod Power Tour/Dallas Swap Meet

Redster
05-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Anyone interested in getting together for one or both of these events next Saturday (June 5)? For me, Arlington is on the way back from Ennis. Check out the LSCC site for links to both events.

2003 MIB
06-02-2004, 06:15 AM
Anyone interested in getting together for one or both of these events next Saturday (June 5)? For me, Arlington is on the way back from Ennis. Check out the LSCC site for links to both events.

I was thinking about going by the power tour but I'm undecided at this point, Rod. I don't want to say I'm going and then not show up. That being said, MAYBE I'll see you there.

DallasCV
06-02-2004, 03:35 PM
I'll look for your Marauder's...I'll probably go over there and wonder around on Saturday. I may cruize to Tulsa on Sunday in my Red 65 GT Dart 'vert.
I'm thinking of watching and waiting for the tour around 35 and 114 out by the TMS.

Redster
06-03-2004, 04:54 PM
I'll look for your Marauder's...I'll probably go over there and wonder around on Saturday. I may cruize to Tulsa on Sunday in my Red 65 GT Dart 'vert.
I'm thinking of watching and waiting for the tour around 35 and 114 out by the TMS.
You know the route for Sunday? Was it on their website?

cruzer
06-05-2004, 08:04 PM
If anyone made these events, please post a report--was working on the Cub all day--gotta get it ready for delivery VERY soon. :bigcry: :(

Racerx88
06-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Spent most of the day out there...........all I can say is WOW!!

The highlights:
~ 1 Marauder. Ohio plates. Black wheels and big antenna's on the back, otherwise it looked stock. Anyone here?
~ More Impala SS's than I've seen since the first Impalapalooza back in '99 at the Arlington assembly plant. Some of them were bu** ugly with wierd paint jobs. One was a lowrider with full air suspension. Looked stupid with the front end dragging the ground and the back end 3 ft. in the air.
~Absolutely INSANE turbine powered motorcycles and a turbine powered Chevy S-10 pickup. It was hilarious watching people duck to the ground and look up when these bikes came rolling by. They sounded just like jet aircraft, only at ground level. INSANE but COOL!
~ The big thing now seems to be to take any kind of muscle car and put big (at least 18") wheels on it.
~ The best of the muscle car/big wheel cars was a '69 Mustang with 18" Wheel Vintique Billet Magnums. Silver with a Paxton supercharger on it. Way cool.

jgc61sr2002
06-06-2004, 10:07 AM
The Marauder with Ohio plates black wheels and antennas sounds like Barry's.

Racerx88
06-06-2004, 10:30 AM
The Marauder with Ohio plates black wheels and antennas sounds like Barry's.
Nope, this one had the entire wheel black. Barry's wheels have a polished lip on them. Barry's also got that "WTF IS IT" plate, this car has some novelty plates that said "HRPT 04", with the real plate "EXODUS 2" (I think) hanging in the windshield.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of it since the battery on my camera ran down!

jgc61sr2002
06-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Nope, this one had the entire wheel black. Barry's wheels have a polished lip on them. Barry's also got that "WTF IS IT" plate, this car has some novelty plates that said "HRPT 04", with the real plate "EXODUS 2" (I think) hanging in the windshield.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of it since the battery on my camera ran down!

OK then it's a Barry look alike. :)

Redster
06-06-2004, 01:30 PM
OK then it's a Barry look alike. :)
I talked to the owner, Modular46. The wheels are powder coated and he likes them other than that he had a hard time finding someone to balance them. He also has it wired up for ham and CB radio. He must enjoy the power tour, this is his second one.
It was a good place to be yesterday afternoon other than the heat. Hundreds of cars, it is hard to think of a make that I didn't see.
I figured out the route from the Hot Rod website and went out to 114 this morning and watched a couple of hundred go by, including Modular46. Didn't see any other MM's but did see a GM and a CV. I left about 15 minutes after he went by but darned if I didn't catch him on the road (he must have stopped for gas) I caught up and waved.
The tour looks like a good time, maybe I'll run it some time.

DallasCV
06-07-2004, 09:48 AM
I was out at the ballpark on Saturday...yep it was hot. I saw the Marauder....I cruized out there in my Buddy's brand new 04 Black Marauder...and yes I told him of this site. And he's been lurkin'...He likes what he has seen so far. Didn't know there were so many things to mod. :)
I drove in my Red 65 GT Dodge Dart 'vert up to the 72 mile marker in OK where they had the lunch meet. It was a great time and the Dart did great. Cruized with a lot of nice cars..even a few Mopars.

Rare98Ragtop
06-16-2004, 04:41 PM
I did the first 2 legs to Springfield with my wife in the Z28 'vert (top down all the way up there) and had a blast. I will definetly do this again, and recommend it to everybody, even if you can only do a day with the tour.
Will be seeing you all again soon.

Robert

modular46
06-21-2004, 11:09 AM
I did the first 2 legs to Springfield with my wife in the Z28 'vert (top down all the way up there) and had a blast. I will definetly do this again, and recommend it to everybody, even if you can only do a day with the tour.
Will be seeing you all again soon.

Robert

Did the whole thing for the second year in a row. Reinhart Chip, 4.10s, Flowmasters, Quad Band Ham (Remote mounted Yaesu FT8900R, Diamond CR8900 Antenna, Cobra CB Radio and Wilson W-1000, Diamond trunk lip mounts). I wired the radios so I can monitor them through the front door speakers, left side Ham, right side CB.

And Powder coated wheels. Otherwise stock.

Had a great time. The Impalas let me cruise with them, felt like an outcast, but at least they understand big 4 dr sedans.

Next year it will start near where it ended (there were some problems in Green Bay, so it won't start there), ends in Kissimee, FL in 2005.

Took me two days to clean and wax the car.

The Ohio "HRPT 04" plates are the new style printed personalized plates, no embossing anymore, took most of the character out of them. "EXODUS 2" was last year's plate, but also my handle on HotRod.com.

And one other thing, two antennas and black wheels on a black four sedan, wreaked havoc on the trucking industry. By the time I arrived in Arlington, CB 19 was abuzz with rumors of a fleet of unmarked "federales" patrolling the interstate system. I'm sure many or most of you have experienced this effect.