PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Carlisle Checklist & Packing List

Bluerauder
05-24-2017, 07:54 AM
Only 1 more day until the Big Show at Carlisle. Its time to start putting together your packing list of items "Not to Forget" .....

Here are some suggestions ....

1. Showfield Sticker (upper driver's side windshield --- put it on before you roll)

2. Carlisle Letter (you will need this to pick up your Goody Bag from the "Guest Services" building -- put it over the visor today is a good idea). Don't forget to pick-up your Parade Credentials and other goodies at the same building if you have registered to be in the Downtown Carlisle Parade and Street Party.

3. EZ Up Tents or other Canopy type tents to supplement the big MM.Net tent (shade is a good thing). Looks like we may only have a 20' x 20' tent again.

4. Folding Chairs (2 if you have 'em)

5. Camera or iPhone camera (with charger or extra batteries)

6. Large or Small coolers (with ice and soft drinks, water, or other beverages)

7. Bags of ice (available at most gas stations or convenience stores along Rte 11 Harrisburg Pike). Also available from some of the on-site vendors.

8. Snack Items to share at the Tent (i.e. chips, pretzels, snacks, cookies, etc.)

9. Cleaning supplies (i.e. absorber or chamois, detailer spray, tire shine, windex, paper towels, etc.)

10. Micro fiber towels

11. California duster or similar

12. Hats or Visors

13. Sunscreen (you won't regret this at all)

14. Rain Gear (umbrella, windbreaker) -- "A Carlisle Tradition" -- it might happen and has before :( on at least one day of the weekend.

15. FRS/GMRS radio tuned to Channel 5

16. GPS if you have one (otherwise just follow the Marauder in front of you)

17. Sunglasses

18. Hand sanitizer or Handy wipes

19. Flashlight

20. Blanket to wrap up any car-part purchases

21. Comfortable Walking shoes

WPG_Merc
05-24-2017, 06:29 PM
Is there a good wand car wash close to the hotel.

Bluerauder
05-25-2017, 04:42 AM

Can't speak to car washes near the Best Western hotel. Maybe Mr. Man or Ms. Denmark can provide info there.

There are several car washes in Carlisle, PA along (or just off) Route 11 >>>>> https://www.google.com/#q=car+wash+carlisle+pa&spf=1495711751856

There is a 4-Bay self-service/wand car wash called Midway about 2 miles south of Carlisle on Route 34. I have never used it; but pass it each year enroute to the show.

I have used the automatic car wash at Rutter's Convenience Store/Gas Station a couple times. It is a drive-through type that offers feather touch and touchless options. They are located on Route 11/Harrisburg Pike right at the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Ever since MV III, I have carried a 50 foot hose and a universal faucet key in my trunk organizer. Back in 2008 or 2009, we had a midnight Marauder car wash session behind the Hotel Carlisle.

Mr. Man
05-25-2017, 08:25 AM
There is a touchless wash on the far side of I-83 from the hotel. There is or used to be a wash at the end of East Ave that was wash it yourself type. Never used that one as I like to stay dry before going to a show.

What day are you planning to get to Harrisburg Gordon? Depending on how dirty the black car gets on the ride down I'll probably hit the touchless one Thursday nite or Friday morning. SB usually just needs a wipe down.

SGT_MERC
05-25-2017, 10:47 AM
I can't wait to be there and see everyone again.

WPG_Merc
05-25-2017, 12:01 PM
I plan to get to Harrisburg Thurs the 1st around 5pm. :burnout:

Mr. Man
05-25-2017, 01:18 PM
I plan to get to Harrisburg Thurs the 1st around 5pm. :burnout:
We'll be there late afternoon Thursday. :)

Bluerauder
05-26-2017, 07:26 AM

Here are the Car Washes closest to the Best Western hotel in Harrisburg >>>>> https://www.google.com/#q=car+washes+near+E.+Park+Ave nue+Harrisburg+PA&spf=1495808542795

Mr. Man
05-26-2017, 08:52 AM
Here are the Car Washes closest to the Best Western hotel in Harrisburg >>>>> https://www.google.com/#q=car+washes+near+E.+Park+Ave nue+Harrisburg+PA&spf=1495808542795
Unless the one we've used has closed it was on either powers ave. or briarsdale rd. off union deposit rd. right by I-83.

Bluerauder
05-26-2017, 09:40 AM
Unless the one we've used has closed it was on either powers ave. or briarsdale rd. off union deposit rd. right by I-83.

The closest one is right near the Texas Roadhouse restaurant .... about 1 street before the turn into the restaurant.

Mr. Man
05-26-2017, 12:15 PM
The closest one is right near the Texas Roadhouse restaurant .... about 1 street before the turn into the restaurant.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zrFtzNh_K0o/UG6EuCGCABI/AAAAAAAABGE/-Z9Gw1JmGLQ/s1600/That%27s+Correct.jpg

jsignorelli
05-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Joanne and I just returned (yesterday)from three weeks in Austria and Switzerland. My lungs still hurt from the trip to the 12,000 foot level of the Matterhorn.

Now we are packing for next Thursday (Carlisle).

I have all the supplies I need for the Sangria. I'll pick up the snacks on Monday.

Our plan is to hit the B-W hotel by 3:00 PM on Thursday afternoon.

Ms. Denmark
05-26-2017, 01:44 PM
Joanne and I just returned (yesterday)from three weeks in Austria and Switzerland. My lungs still hurt from the trip to the 12,000 foot level of the Matterhorn.

Now we are packing for next Thursday (Carlisle).

I have all the supplies I need for the Sangria. I'll pick up the snacks on Monday.

Our plan is to hit the B-W hotel by 3:00 PM on Thursday afternoon.

We'll see you for dinner at Texas Road House Thursday night? If anyone else will be in town on Thursday, please let me know if you can join us for dinner. I'll make a reservation once I get a head count. We'd most likely shoot for between 6 and 7 pm.

MarauderJim
05-26-2017, 04:38 PM
I expect to arrive on Thursday afternoon. So I would enjoy having dinner at the steakhouse with the group. Thanks, Mrs. Denmark, for handling the reservations!

jsignorelli
05-26-2017, 05:58 PM
Joanne and I will be joining the group at the Texas Road House. Shall I wear my boots and hat. I did own horses in a past life and ride in the Cow Town NJ Rodeo, (team roping)?

Mr. Man
05-26-2017, 09:18 PM
Joanne and I will be joining the group at the Texas Road House. Shall I wear my boots and hat. I did own horses in a past life and ride in the Cow Town NJ Rodeo, (team roping)?
You show up wearing Daisy Dukes and I'll ole Yeller your ass! :uzi:

jsignorelli
05-27-2017, 03:49 AM
The closest you'll see me to Daisy Dukes are my Scout shorts.

jimbok1951
05-27-2017, 05:34 PM
Only 6 more days until the Big Show at Carlisle. Its time to start putting together your packing list of items "Not to Forget" .....

Here are some suggestions ....

1. Showfield Sticker (upper driver's side windshield --- put it on before you roll)

2. Carlisle Letter (you will need this to pick up your Goody Bag from the "Guest Services" building -- put it over the visor today is a good idea). Don't forget to pick-up your Parade Credentials and other goodies at the same building if you have registered to be in the Downtown Carlisle Parade and Street Party.

3. EZ Up Tents or other Canopy type tents to supplement the big MM.Net tent (shade is a good thing). Looks like we may only have a 20' x 20' tent again.

4. Folding Chairs (2 if you have 'em)

5. Camera or iPhone camera (with charger or extra batteries)

6. Large or Small coolers (with ice and soft drinks, water, or other beverages)

7. Bags of ice (available at most gas stations or convenience stores along Rte 11 Harrisburg Pike). Also available from some of the on-site vendors.

8. Snack Items to share at the Tent (i.e. chips, pretzels, snacks, cookies, etc.)

9. Cleaning supplies (i.e. absorber or chamois, detailer spray, tire shine, windex, paper towels, etc.)

10. Micro fiber towels

11. California duster or similar

12. Hats or Visors

13. Sunscreen (you won't regret this at all)

14. Rain Gear (umbrella, windbreaker) -- "A Carlisle Tradition" -- it might happen and has before :( on at least one day of the weekend.

15. FRS/GMRS radio tuned to Channel 5

16. GPS if you have one (otherwise just follow the Marauder in front of you)

17. Sunglasses

18. Hand sanitizer or Handy wipes

19. Flashlight

20. Blanket to wrap up any car-part purchases

21. Comfortable Walking shoes

Check spare tire pressure & top off, my doughnut was down to 40 psi

NorthShoreChiMM
05-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Check spare tire pressure & top off, my doughnut was down to 40 psi

Im lazy and don't want to look. Whats the pressure supposed to be at. Appreciate if somebody could chime in, Thanks

jimbok1951
05-28-2017, 09:48 AM
I inflate to 60 psi, see link.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=141

MarauderJim
05-28-2017, 01:04 PM
If you have a name tag from a prior show, please bring it and wear it.
I need the help with my poor memory :violin:

WPG_Merc
05-28-2017, 01:21 PM
I Got my tags from MV 14 Cleveland.
What kinda food to bring or wait till I get there.:o

I Also got the Blue Cross Insurance,passport & gas money for the 1,800 mile trip to get there.
:drive:

Red91LX
05-28-2017, 06:04 PM
I Got my tags from MV 14 Cleveland.
What kinda food to bring or wait till I get there.:o

I Also got the Blue Cross Insurance,passport & gas money for the 1,800 mile trip to get there.
:drive:

That's very impressive...don't hate me 'cause it's only 125 miles for me to the Carlisle Showfield Gates...

There's a number of well-stocked local grocery stores that you can purchase fresh refills when you get to Carlisle, but I'd pack enough stuff to eat during your ride even if you prefer to stop at restaurants along the trip.

jsignorelli
05-28-2017, 07:06 PM
1800 miles... is that all.

Dereck Cook is planning on coming from Somerset, in the UK. He has at least a 2800 mile trip. AND, there is this big pond in his path!

WPG_Merc
05-28-2017, 07:47 PM

Dereck Cook is planning on coming from Somerset, in the UK. He has at least a 2800 mile trip. AND, there is this big pond in his path!

To get there is 1,800 miles,The total round trip is 4,936 miles,

Dereck
05-30-2017, 11:28 AM
Hi Jsignorelli

More like 3800 miles each way for a round trip of 7600 miles.

Regards

Dereck

jsignorelli
05-30-2017, 11:44 AM
Hi Dereck:

I have two chairs packed for you.

jsignorelli
05-30-2017, 12:03 PM
I am donating another 10 MercuryMerauder.Net bar signs for a raffle / prizes.

These are the new LED design. At the Cleveland meeting, I had the original design for the raffle.