PDA

View Full Version : Arrived home from Carlisle 2017 thread.

Mr. Man
06-04-2017, 12:48 PM
Ms.D and I arrived home safe with both cars. Tagged along with PRCarguy till we needed to bail off the interstate.

Had a great time hangin' with the MM peeps. A little over 30 cars this year and Blue out numbered Red. Where were all you DTR peeps? Missed those of you who couldn't make it this year and hope next year you'll be able to come out.:)

PRCARGUY
06-04-2017, 04:08 PM
Made it home about 1:15. It was great to be around there again. Had a good time. Didn''t get to talk and see everyone there but, there's next year.
Yeah, that was funny the blues out numbering the reds this year.

jsignorelli
06-04-2017, 04:12 PM
Made it home at 1:26 PM, after a three hour drive home to northern New Jersey. The weekend was great, (as usual) and we have many more fond memories to carry us through the year. See you all next June, if not sooner.

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Once again we had a great time at Carlisle! It's such a pleasure to see all the other members again and truly feels like a family reunion. Their cars looked amazing as well. Really makes you proud! Many thanks to all who helped to make it so enjoyable including MarauderJim who handled our club voting and awards and Jim & Joanne Signorelli for donating the great raffle prizes. We enjoyed having Mary and Mac join us and the weather was pretty cooperative too! Congratulations to all who won awards!

merc
06-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Back home again. Thanks to everyone.:banana::banana::bana na:

Ken
06-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Made it home about three hours ago, through some heavy rains, saw something get hit by lightening in the distance.

On the down side, developed another leak on the left axle seal. Changed about three years ago along with the axles after driving back from Savannah GA leaking.

Red91LX
06-05-2017, 02:06 AM
The drive home was safe and routine. PA Turnpike traffic was moving well with no problems. Guess it was around 3:00/3:30 when I pulled into the driveway. There were just a few rain drops along the way, but not even enough to try the new MOTORCRAFT wiper blades I got on Friday morning at Family Ford in Carlisle. (I discovered a separated blade on Thursday night when cleaning the windshield just before leaving for Carlisle)

03mmmonroe
06-05-2017, 06:43 AM
Ms.D and I arrived home safe with both cars. Tagged along with PRCarguy till we needed to bail off the interstate.

Had a great time hangin' with the MM peeps. A little over 30 cars this year and Blue out numbered Red. Where were all you DTR peeps? Missed those of you who couldn't make it this year and hope next year you'll be able to come out.:)

back home had a great time.
Russ

Blackened300a
06-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Made it home Sunday at 1pm. Had a little traffic going into NYC as usual.

fordfrk
06-05-2017, 11:34 AM
Got back home on Sunday about 2:30 pm.
Had some traffic with the street rods in York PA.
had a great time again.

MarauderJim
06-05-2017, 02:17 PM
I guess I'm the slow one as I arrived home on Monday. I stayed in Fishkill Sunday night to break up the trip. It was great to renew friendships with a great group! I missed several members that did not make it this year, I hope to see them back next year.

Comin' in Hot
06-05-2017, 02:18 PM
I got home yesterday about 3pm, I made a quick detour to a small airport near the Midway, PA exit off 78 because I sat two WWI planes dogfighting. One was a biplane, I think it was a Sopwith Camel and the other was Fokker DR1 triplane. Absolutely incredible to watch.

Mr. Man
06-05-2017, 02:45 PM
I got home yesterday about 3pm, I made a quick detour to a small airport near the Midway, PA exit off 78 because I sat two WWI planes dogfighting. One was a biplane, I think it was a Sopwith Camel and the other was Fokker DR1 triplane. Absolutely incredible to watch.
I saw a big bomber looking plane on the way home. Thought it may have been going to Fort Indiantown Gap

Red91LX
06-05-2017, 04:12 PM
I saw a big bomber looking plane on the way home. Thought it may have been going to Fort Indiantown Gap

That was probably a B-17, or possibly a B-29 named FiFi. They were a small part of this huge WWII event held the same weekend as Carlisle at Reading Airport..

http://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html

PRCARGUY
06-05-2017, 05:26 PM
I saw it also. It looked very much like a B-17 to me.

jsignorelli
06-05-2017, 07:38 PM
You are both correct. There was an air show near Carlisle where a B-17 and a B-29 (FiFi) was at the show selling rides.
I went up in a B-17 a few years ago when the Teterboro Air & Car show was held on father's day weekend. I still have the shakes.

jsignorelli
06-05-2017, 07:54 PM
A few more B-17 pics

Bluerauder
06-06-2017, 05:08 AM
You are both correct. There was an air show near Carlisle where a B-17 and a B-29 (FiFi) was at the show selling rides.
I went up in a B-17 a few years ago when the Teterboro Air & Car show was held on father's day weekend. I still have the shakes.

Those bombardier and top turret views are fantastic !!! That had to be the ride of a lifetime.

"FIFI" and "DOC" are the last two airworthy and flyable B-29s left. Most others like the "Enola Gay" and "Bockscar" are only found in museums as static displays.

Do you remember the name of the B-17 that you flew in ??

That Norden Bombsight was the top of technology during WW II for bombing accuracy with a test accuracy of 75 feet Circular Error Probability (CEP) from an altitude of 20,000 feet. Incredible. Under Combat Conditions, the CEP was more like 400 feet .... but still pretty State of the Art at the time.

jsignorelli
06-06-2017, 06:57 AM
She was called the "Yankee Lady". We flew from Teterboro Airport in Bergen County NJ south toward Newark Airport. We then turned north and cruised the outer areas of NYC, following the Hudson river. I shot video and stills while on the 30 minute flight.
If you want to see the entire set, send me an email and I'll forward the entire file.

email: jamsig09@outlook.com

HammerDown
06-06-2017, 07:30 AM
Arrived home last night. Sunday went from Carlisle to Willow Grove, PA to tend to some family business. Also caught up with a couple friends in the area.

Had the usual good time with my Marauder friends, and weather was great this year for a change (hehe)

Hope to see more next year, those who couldn't make it this time.

Connie

vkirkend
06-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Well got home Sunday @ 2pm fed the wife and grandkids parked and washed the car called it a day.

WPG_Merc
06-09-2017, 07:43 PM
Right now I'm in New Orleans.
Then
Huston
Dallas
Oklahoma City
Wichita
Kansas City
Then the boarder
Great overwhelming fun in Carlisle.
Hope to do it again.
& toured many awesome museums
Along the way.
:beer:

Ms. Denmark
06-10-2017, 06:12 AM
Right now I'm in New Orleans.
Then
Huston
Dallas
Oklahoma City
Wichita
Kansas City
Then the boarder
Great overwhelming fun in Carlisle.
Hope to do it again.
& toured many awesome museums
Along the way.
:beer: It was great to have you at Carlisle, Gordon. Have a safe trip home and we'll see you next June!

WPG_Merc
06-14-2017, 06:42 AM
I made it home. :banana:
After 2 weeks on the road the total miles to & from the house is 9,034 Miles. :eek:
If I had another week I'd be in California to Seattle. :D

Carlisle was awesome & overwhelming at the same time & great to meet new owners too. :beer:
I checked out about a dozen museums going through 25 states on the route & meeting new people everywhere.

The MM ran hard n fast but burnt out my blower motor & resistor for the A/C
in Tallahassee,FL which is no fun touring the south but PEP Boys got it replaced
& I was back on the road again.:2thumbs:

RubberCtyRauder
06-14-2017, 06:47 AM
Dang, Gordon..that's over 600 miles a day average..when was there time to see museums? Good to hear your trip was a success!

WPG_Merc
06-14-2017, 06:55 AM
Some of the museums were like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diZKuKxXCjg

crouse
06-14-2017, 02:25 PM
She was called the "Yankee Lady". We flew from Teterboro Airport in Bergen County NJ south toward Newark Airport. We then turned north and cruised the outer areas of NYC, following the Hudson river. I shot video and stills while on the 30 minute flight.
If you want to see the entire set, send me an email and I'll forward the entire file.

email: jamsig09@outlook.com

I've walked through a B-17 several times and there isn't much room. The walk across the bomb bay is tricky. I can't imagine what it would have been like to be in a B-17 during a bombing run being shot at by the enemy.

I've seen the B-29 once here in Minnesota. Wish they would make a return trip. FiFi is the only B-29 still flying.

Bluerauder
06-14-2017, 02:58 PM
FiFi is the only B-29 still flying.

There are two flying B-29s now. "Doc" started flying again on 19 July 2016 after extensive restorations. Her last flight was 60 years ago in 1956. Doc flew at the show "Wings over Whiteman AFB" on 10-11 June this year.

Bigdogjim
06-14-2017, 07:09 PM
Glad your home safe Gordon!!