PDA

View Full Version : Future Meet Ideas

Agent M79
06-02-2004, 11:50 AM
It has been suggested that we try to arrange meets around pre-existing events as the norm versus using a fixed date and finding stuff to do on those dates.

To me this is a toss up. I like the regular meet date because it is stable and predictable. On the other hand, most pre-existing/pre-established events are typically published months in advance.

I think we may still be small enough to be able to pick and choose whatever day we want and choose events (if any that month) to attend. In the absense of an event to attend, we could meet at some "regular" location.

As we scale up, I'd like to get a regular meet time and place (like the ATL boys every 3rd Sat at Cracker Barrel on Delk). Then, also optionally attend interesting events as it interests folks.

What's your thoughts?

SouLRioT
06-02-2004, 12:32 PM
I just want to add that you guys are more than welcome to join us when the sunshine state marauders meet up with the southern marauders. Date TBA.

frdwrnch
06-02-2004, 12:49 PM
I like the monthly get together at Texas Roadhouse and I also frequent most of the larger area car shows. Having the fixed meeting place allows us to inform other potential members where we meet while we also have the flexibility to participate in other events. I'll check my show list and post the upcoming events for the next two months. I was also thinking of having a cookout at my place in july. That would give me a chance to show you guys my shop and other projects (liabilities). Let me know what y'all think.

dok
06-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Cookout sounds great. :)

MarauderMark
06-02-2004, 03:31 PM
I may want to join this this if ya'll don't mind .but for now i'll just watch this thread :D Sunshine & southerner'sCould be big :up:

TAF
06-02-2004, 03:58 PM
My uninvited couple of pennies here...

<FONT color=black>What has made our group successful, active and continually growing is the "same Bat time - same Bat channel" approach. I see other groups have to spend weeks of posts figuring out a time/place/date to meet everyone's needs. Just fix the time and place...and if you can make it...great...if not, see ya next month.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P style=
<o:p></o:p>

THEN...if other opportunities come up for special events...seize those.<o:p></o:p>

BTW...announcement coming in the Southern Marauder's Forum...but, the SVTOA is having a Dyno-Day at Team Ford on June 19th...same day as our next breakfast. I've invited them to join us for breakfast (some 10 second Lightnings and 9 second Cobras) and I'm sure we'll slide over there after breakfast...to see Donny's latest "secret project"....<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 12pt; HEIGHT: 12pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href='\\"http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif\\"' src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Owner/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href='\\"http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/smilies/Depressed_Emoticon.gif\\"' src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Owner/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>OOOps...did I say that?<o:p></o:p>

Also...the folks from Metco are going to come over and join us, that day for breakfast!!!!

Agent M79
06-02-2004, 04:12 PM
As we scale up, I'd like to get a regular meet time and place (like the ATL boys every 3rd Sat at Cracker Barrel on Delk). Then, also optionally attend interesting events as it interests folks.

What has made our group successful, active and continually growing is the "same Bat time - same Bat channel" approach.
I would say GMTA but I think martyo would start clicking my negative rep button.

woaface
06-02-2004, 04:37 PM
If the call is made, I can get reservations for a large seating group (no pun intended) for a restaurant here and any other things you all might want to do. Carolina and Southern.

Marauderman
06-02-2004, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=TAF]My uninvited couple of pennies here...

<FONT color=black>What has made our group successful, active and continually growing is the "same Bat time - same Bat channel" approach. I see other groups have to spend weeks of posts figuring out a time/place/date to meet everyone's needs. Just fix the time and place...and if you can make it...great...if not, see ya next month.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P style=

[color=black]THEN...if other opportunities come up for special events...seize
thoise{QUOTE=TAF}

Ok --Time I chim in here--This is the basis that we formed our meets on,,, an established date and time--as Todd has stated--I knew that would work and any eventual events poping up we could and would adapt to --as Agent M79 has mentioned--so we should continue to prevail as the second Sat of each month at our Roadhouse and discuss alternatives for us at these meets...

We have enjoyed our two trips as a group and certainely want to have more --cause they were fun...but it takes a group effort to pull this off and to enjoy---

I say we continue with what we have started --and expand as our events dictate..and as Todd and M79 have said- and I think we should all agree on --if we make it --find--if some don't--so be it--there is always next month for those who didn't make it to get caught up...

So we will meet on the 12th of June--our regular second scheduled Sat. time and place , the Roadhouse , and enjoy alot of things to talk about--like joint meets---cause I love to travel the big roads with # 7 --cause there is always someone wanting to play..hee..hee.....Tom see- ya at the Road house at noon .....and oh BTW--I love the idea of joints meets with Alt and Fla groups--this is worth discussing....oh yeah!! can you imiagine!!! It would be a first --a three fourm group meet-------oh well---point is we all love our cars and our MM friends-- both of which we can never get enough of........Tom

frdwrnch
06-11-2004, 08:54 AM
FUN FORD WEEKEND will be in Bristol VA. August 6-8, 2004. There will be a car show, racing, and vendors. I'm thinking of going and wanted to see if any of "yous" were interested.

Haggis
06-11-2004, 08:59 AM
FUN FORD WEEKEND will be in Bristol VA. August 6-8, 2004. There will be a car show, racing, and vendors. I'm thinking of going and wanted to see if any of "yous" were interested.

Ummm...your in trouble you said yous. :eek: If I was you I would start looking for that switch now, it will be less painful in the long run.

frdwrnch
06-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Wha... What did I say?

frdwrnch
06-11-2004, 07:44 PM
Oh, I see, correction in diction; If yous WAS interested!

Haggis
06-12-2004, 03:59 AM
Wha... What did I say?

Oh, I see, correction in diction; If yous WAS interested!

Ummm.. you said it again, you in big trouble now. Did you get that switch yet? Well you better go and get a bigger one now that one will never do now.

Just an inside joke fdrwrnch. Ladyhawke always gives me a hard time when I say yous seems to be a Jersey thing she is trying to breat me of. Yea right good luck.

Marauderman
06-16-2004, 08:45 AM
That does sound tempting....hummm...must confer with Ms.M ...gotta find away to work around all these house chores including painting--Maybe change our monthly location to something like this.....have to put this on the menu over at your backyard cookout next month..... :banana: