PDA

View Full Version : June MEET???

PhkinQk
06-05-2004, 07:29 AM
Ok I'll go first...........anyone thinking about a meet for June?

jgc61sr2002
06-05-2004, 07:39 AM
Sounds good to me. :up:

DL04
06-05-2004, 09:57 AM
I have a full schedule this month {lots of golf tournaments} but if you come up with a date & time that fits I'll be there.

PhkinQk
06-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Golf you poor man, lol. A drug habit is cheaper, lol.

I have a full schedule this month {lots of golf tournaments} but if you come up with a date & time that fits I'll be there.

03SILVERSTREAK
06-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Ok I'll go first...........anyone thinking about a meet for June?I AM but Im still waiting for a conformation on a settled date... :bounce:

MainEngDwarf
06-06-2004, 01:44 AM
I'm in depending on the date

BillyGman
06-06-2004, 02:57 AM
yes, but it depends on what day. I'm going w/some buds to the Summer Nationals in Englishtown, NJ. We're going on Saturday. that's two Saturdays from now (June 19th I believe) I'm also trying to figure out what day I'm gonna go to the track this month, and what track. I'd like to go to Lebanon Valley in N.Y. since I think it's only an hour away for me and I won't have to battle that insane N.Y. traffic on the way home like I always do on the way home from Atco, and E-town, NJ. I might go Saturday the 26th, so it looks like Sundays are the only days good for me this month.

But then again, I gotta check what day the Trilogy open house is. that's something else I was wondering about, but I'm not even sure if I'll be able to make that either. I guess now that I think of it, I have a loots things up in the air this month. but it does depend on what day you want to make it, and where.

PhkinQk
06-06-2004, 04:52 AM
Ok........we haved

June

Sat the 12th
Sun the 13th

Sat the 19th
Sun the 20th

Sat the 26
Sun the 27

Firstly, when/where ever is cool with us, but it'd be nice to have a really good turn out. New York, New Jersey, Connecticut or where ever...

PS-I'd really like to find someone that's an SCT dealer with a DYNO for a dynotune day as RF OVerlord was talking about.....

Paul T. Casey
06-06-2004, 09:55 AM
Like the others, depending on day/date count me as available.

DL04
06-06-2004, 04:05 PM
[I won't have to battle that insane N.Y. traffic on the way home like I always do on the way home from Atco, and E-town, NJ. I might go Saturday the 26th, so it looks like Sundays are the only days good for me this month.

Take the ferry to Port Jeff , Westhampton is only about a 30 min. ride from there.Where is Lebanon Valley, how long of a ride from Conn.?

valkyrie
06-06-2004, 06:27 PM
I would be in for Sunday the 27th.

BillyGman
06-06-2004, 06:51 PM
[I won't have to battle that insane N.Y. traffic on the way home like I always do on the way home from Atco, and E-town, NJ. I might go Saturday the 26th, so it looks like Sundays are the only days good for me this month.

Take the ferry to Port Jeff , Westhampton is only about a 30 min. ride from there.Where is Lebanon Valley, how long of a ride from Conn.?I've never taken my car on that ferry, but it's my undertsanding form talking w/those who have that not only do the employees park your car for you, but the put it right up against the next car to save room, ans I'm sure that the car doors from those other cars parked next yo yours get thrwon into the side of yours. And since I've already had my car marked by a condo neighbor like that once, I'm not too keen on that idea about the ferry. I think that lebanon valley is closer to me and i don't have to battle the L.I.E. parking lot -type traffic jams, nor on any other highway in L.I. since Lebanon Valley is more up towards the nothern part of the sate (so I've been told anyway). I have to find out more about it.

What about this Ford racing even at Lebanon Valley Dragstrip? If anyone wants to meet me and go there, then I need to know by tuesday.......

http://www.dragway.com/mgrafiks/FORD-MUSTANG%2004.pdf

Marauder
06-07-2004, 07:05 AM
I'm good any day except the 12th, 13th, 19th.

It'll be good to get the MM out...I've barely been driving it and only it on the weekends cause I've been driving the hoopty to/from work. :D

PhkinQk
06-07-2004, 07:28 AM
Ok so seemingly we're down to the 20th and the 27th....

Where's troopcar maybe she can do a mass emailing? I know she started a list. I threw out CT but where ever we get the turnout is where we should have it.....I know there's a few Marauders owners in Yonkers....hint hint.

jaywish
06-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Gee, I can take a hint......

If it's a nice rainy day I "should" have no problem.

On the other hand, if it is a nice calm & sunny day and we meet on the water then I could probably show up with a different vehicle. hint (twin chevy 350's)

PhkinQk
06-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Hey Jay......wazzzzzup?

Well sticking with FORD I perfer my twin 5.8's, lol. But I've not been on it since I dropped it in.....where's the heat.....????

Ok, back to the meet, anyone else?

Gee, I can take a hint......
If it's a nice rainy day I "should" have no problem.
On the other hand, if it is a nice calm & sunny day and we meet on the water then I could probably show up with a different vehicle. hint (twin chevy 350's)

MainEngDwarf
06-07-2004, 05:04 PM
The 12th and the 13th work for me, not so sure about the rest.

tbore007
06-08-2004, 12:06 PM
all booked up this month,, getting married the 26th,,have fun all.... :bows:

Marauder
06-08-2004, 06:59 PM
all booked up this month,, getting married the 26th,,have fun all.... :bows:

Congratulations!!!!!

PhkinQk
06-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Or condolences....time will tell. :) j/k

Congratulations!!!!!

Paul T. Casey
06-09-2004, 05:51 AM
Tbore, you picked a good day! That's my aniversary (11 years) and things have worked out awesome. I hope (probably know) you can find as much happiness as I have. Congratulations. :banana: :bounce:

tbore007
06-10-2004, 12:48 PM
thanks all...im very excitedi found myself a really sweet girl..thing should work out great..im not to thrilled about them writing on the back of my car,,but it should wash off...have fun all.............

Marauder
06-16-2004, 01:17 PM
So any word on a date?

PhkinQk
06-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Seems there's no real interest.....

So any word on a date?

Krytin
06-16-2004, 04:24 PM
I hear that most Sundays people are getting together @ OBI parking lot off Ocean Parkway by the Robert Moses Causeway. Can BBQ!! This weekend is no good but next is ok.

ARP1500
06-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Wheres The June Meet Going To Be?

03SILVERSTREAK
06-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Wheres The June Meet Going To Be?So any word on a date :confused: ?

valkyrie
06-17-2004, 05:26 AM
I would be in to the old OBI lot.

PhkinQk
06-17-2004, 06:55 AM
Nope no date buddy.......hasn't been much interest. And my dyno date has been pushed forward too............people are busy in the Summer.....self included.

So any word on a date :confused: ?

Krytin
06-17-2004, 07:52 PM
I would be in to the old OBI lot.

Well, I'm staying home for Father's Day - but the weekend after I'm up for it (weather permiting)!

MapleLeafMerc
06-17-2004, 09:15 PM
See my sig. :rolleyes: Oy.

troopcar
06-18-2004, 03:52 PM
I would like to do a meet in June/early July, but would want to steer clear of nasty Friday night or Sunday night summer traffic (like the GWBridge/turnpike or the coming-home-from-the-Hamptons nightmare). Marauders want to GO, they hate sitting nuts to b*tts, as it were.

Maybe it would be a good idea to meet like late afternoon/early evening on a Saturday (say 6-ish), since it stays light until late. And then have supper together.

June 26 or July 10 are good for me (we'll stay away from July 4th weekend, obviously).

Summer nites are great for hangin' outside. Any ideas for a location? Near the water? A park or picnic area? Resaurant with a good parking lot?

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/x/beer.gif

troopcar

jrzygrl
06-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Hey Pam...nice to "see" you. Where've you been? Get my message?
Call me........... :up:

Krytin
06-19-2004, 08:20 AM
I would like to do a meet in June/early July, but would want to steer clear of nasty Friday night or Sunday night summer traffic (like the GWBridge/turnpike or the coming-home-from-the-Hamptons nightmare). Marauders want to GO, they hate sitting nuts to b*tts, as it were.

Maybe it would be a good idea to meet like late afternoon/early evening on a Saturday (say 6-ish), since it stays light until late. And then have supper together.

June 26 or July 10 are good for me (we'll stay away from July 4th weekend, obviously).

Summer nites are great for hangin' outside. Any ideas for a location? Near the water? A park or picnic area? Resaurant with a good parking lot?

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/x/beer.gif

troopcar

Saturday the 26th @ OBI parking lot is just as good as Sunday! I was planning on bringing a small grill. I'm taking a ride down there today to scope it out - maybee there's a resturant by Captree?!

valkyrie
06-19-2004, 02:38 PM
I can do OBI on the 26th. Who else is in?

jgc61sr2002
06-19-2004, 02:40 PM
OBI on the 26th sounds good to me. :up:

Krytin
06-20-2004, 09:19 AM
Well, I went out there last night around 5:00 pm. Nice big lot with some bikers at one end, BMWs and Ricers in the middle (I'm not sure they liked the MM - but showed no disrepect), but not much else. The OBI is completly gone. Beach access exists along w/room to set up BBQ. An alternative to the BBQ would be to meet @ the OBI parking lot - then go to the Captree boat basin after 6:00 pm (you don't have to pay to get in after 6) and eat in the resturant on 2nd floor w/veiws or canteen on 1rst floor - hotdogs & burgers. Robert Mosses field #2 has a nice BBQ area by the par 3 golf course which is only $9/18 holes - last tee off @ 6:00 pm.
Open to all sugestions!!??

03SILVERSTREAK
06-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Well, I went out there last night around 5:00 pm. Nice big lot with some bikers at one end, BMWs and Ricers in the middle (I'm not sure they liked the MM - but showed no disrepect), but not much else. The OBI is completly gone. Beach access exists along w/room to set up BBQ. An alternative to the BBQ would be to meet @ the OBI parking lot - then go to the Captree boat basin after 6:00 pm (you don't have to pay to get in after 6) and eat in the resturant on 2nd floor w/veiws or canteen on 1rst floor - hotdogs & burgers. Robert Mosses field #2 has a nice BBQ area by the par 3 golf course which is only $9/18 holes - last tee off @ 6:00 pm.
Open to all sugestions!!??The OBI ??? Ok I'll bite What and where ???

Marauder
06-20-2004, 06:49 PM
The OBI ??? Ok I'll bite What and where ???

Ditto.....is that Brooklyn? I heard Ocean Parkway...

jgc61sr2002
06-20-2004, 06:52 PM
Danny - The OBI ( Oak Beach Inn) now closed is in Nassau County near Jones Beach. :)

jerrym3
06-21-2004, 05:58 AM
Here's a suggestion for you guys/gals.

I can't vouch for how crowded the park gets on a Saturday afternoon, but a few miles north of the GW Bridge on the Jersey side is a park right on the Hudson River. The view of the GWB is staggering, and (I believe) that outdoor grilling is allowed, but I suggest you check first.

Also, maybe they would allow you to have your own picnic area; again, you'll have to call the Interstate Park Commision to find out.

No restaurant facilities, so, worst case, bring a cooler and sub sandwiches.

The nice thing is that on a hot afternoon in the summer, the sun sets pretty early behind you over the Palisades. Keeps the temp down a bit.

Have fun.

jaywish
06-21-2004, 07:02 AM
Dang,

I can't remember the name of the park. I can see it out the office windows but I can't remember the name. How old am I? Do I work here?

At least I remember what kind of car I drive.

Marauder
06-21-2004, 08:26 AM
Danny - The OBI ( Oak Beach Inn) now closed is in Nassau County near Jones Beach. :)

Ahhh...thanx John.

I'll be on the island this weekend so may be able to make it if that's what everyone decides.

jerrym3
06-21-2004, 08:52 AM
If you go to: http://www.mapquest.com

and enter Fort Lee NJ, after scrolling north and zooming in, you can see a Henry Hudson Drive along the river.

The park might be called "Undercliff", although it looks a little bit too far north.

Looks easy to get to: exit ! off the Palisades Interstate Parkway.

Krytin
06-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Ahhh...thanx John.

I'll be on the island this weekend so may be able to make it if that's what everyone decides.
The OBI is just west of the Robert Mosses Causeway/Captree fishing basin on the Ocean Parkway.
Saturday afternoon/evening is still looking good - just can't decide if it's a BBQ or eat at the resturant @ Captree.

Garfield
06-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Hi guys! You spend way too much time talking about a meet.

In Atlanta they meet every 3rd Saturday at a Cracker Barrel.

Me and the Big Dog just drove 861 miles ONE WAY to meet up this great group:)

Quit talking and just do it! Same time! Same place!!!

That's why Mercury made the Marauder

Thanks

The Cat!

valkyrie
06-21-2004, 05:54 PM
The OBI is just west of the Robert Mosses Causeway/Captree fishing basin on the Ocean Parkway.
Saturday afternoon/evening is still looking good - just can't decide if it's a BBQ or eat at the resturant @ Captree.

I can do OBI any time after 3:00pm. How many others are interested?

nexstar7
06-21-2004, 06:21 PM
I can do OBI any time after 3:00pm. How many others are interested?
"this is a subliminal message" JOHN HARVARDS OR HOOTERS. hey, did you hear something :beer:

Marauder
06-21-2004, 06:29 PM
"this is a subliminal message" JOHN HARVARDS OR HOOTERS. hey, did you hear something :beer:

Beer or Beer?

jgc61sr2002
06-21-2004, 06:40 PM

Hi Ralph - Either sounds good to me. :D Lets set a date .

03SILVERSTREAK
06-22-2004, 04:06 AM
"this is a subliminal message" JOHN HARVARDS OR HOOTERS. hey, did you hear something :beer:HOOTERS-HOOTERS-HOOTERS-HOOTERS- :confused: OK ok I was lost in the moment , but it sure sounds like a plan... :bounce:

valkyrie
06-22-2004, 12:27 PM
HOOTERS-HOOTERS-HOOTERS-HOOTERS- :confused: OK ok I was lost in the moment , but it sure sounds like a plan... :bounce:

Let's compromise & meet at OBI and then drive over to Hooter's & get some grub & suds. :beer:

nexstar7
06-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Let's compromise & meet at OBI and then drive over to Hooter's & get some grub & suds. :beer:

****** it. lets do them all. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Krytin
06-23-2004, 03:48 AM
Well, if the weather is nice, I'm not to sure I want to go to Hooter's - but i am still going to OBI on saturday around 3 - 3:30. I'm bringing the grill & cooler & some folding chairs & some cameras for some nice car portraits. There are some nice cars hanging out @ OBI over the weekends! Be glad to see whoever shows!

Marauder
06-23-2004, 06:38 AM
Well, if the weather is nice, I'm not to sure I want to go to Hooter's - but i am still going to OBI on saturday around 3 - 3:30. I'm bringing the grill & cooler & some folding chairs & some cameras for some nice car portraits. There are some nice cars hanging out @ OBI over the weekends! Be glad to see whoever shows!

Hmmm.....3-3:30? I may have to stop by. :) Just may need directions...I see Robert Moses Causeway and Ocean Parkway but where from there?

So is this where we decided on?

PhkinQk
06-23-2004, 09:11 AM
I guess you told us, lol

Hi guys! You spend way too much time talking about a meet.

In Atlanta they meet every 3rd Saturday at a Cracker Barrel.

Me and the Big Dog just drove 861 miles ONE WAY to meet up this great group:)

Quit talking and just do it! Same time! Same place!!!

That's why Mercury made the Marauder

Thanks

The Cat!

valkyrie
06-23-2004, 10:42 AM

Krytin,
I will be there.

I will be in the Black Mercury Marauder :confused: Wait a minute so will everyone else!!!!!!!

DL04
06-23-2004, 12:06 PM
I will be in the Black Mercury Marauder :confused: Wait a minute so will everyone else!!!!!!![/QUOTE -Not everybody-

Marauder
06-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Ok...I'm new to living in LI so forgive me :nono: .....I know how to get to the general area (RM Causeway & Ocean Pkwy)....some directions after that would help. :D

Dennis,
Did you get my PM? :D

Krytin
06-23-2004, 03:10 PM
Ok...I'm new to living in LI so forgive me :nono: .....I know how to get to the general area (RM Causeway & Ocean Pkwy)....some directions after that would help. :D

Dennis,
Did you get my PM? :D

Take Ocean Parkway east - OBI parking lot is on right before you get to RM Causeway/Captree basin. If you pass it - turn arounds are available. If you think you'll need it, I'll PM my cell #.

Marauder
06-24-2004, 06:28 AM
Take Ocean Parkway east - OBI parking lot is on right before you get to RM Causeway/Captree basin. If you pass it - turn arounds are available. If you think you'll need it, I'll PM my cell #.

Since I'd be coming south on the RM, I'd go right and it'll be on the left soon after correct?

valkyrie
06-24-2004, 06:42 AM
I believe that is correct.

Marauder
06-24-2004, 09:45 AM
I believe that is correct.

Cool...you all are meeting in the parking lot like 3:00-3:30?

valkyrie
06-24-2004, 10:04 AM
I will be there around 4pm.

Marauder
06-24-2004, 10:13 AM
I will be there around 4pm.

Cool...what I'll do is leave at like 3pm...should be there about 3:30pm.

Paul T. Casey
06-24-2004, 04:53 PM
I will be unable to attend. Alas, I must work that day. (Big emergency job at a nearby shipyard.) I'll be across the sound, I'll wave.

valkyrie
06-24-2004, 05:52 PM
I'll have a beer and a cigar in your name.

Marauder
06-24-2004, 05:58 PM
I'll have a beer and a cigar in your name.

Did you say beer & cigar? Now you're talking my language...hehe. :coolman:

Marauder
06-24-2004, 08:06 PM
Krytin and I are meeting at the WB rest stop on the LIE (x52 - x51) 3:15pm - 3:20pm and going on from there if anyone wants to meet us.

valkyrie
06-25-2004, 09:31 AM
It doesn't look like anyone is going except for the three of us.

Marauder
06-25-2004, 05:13 PM
It doesn't look like anyone is going except for the three of us.

Its all good....mini meet / bbq.

I got some soda in my cooler already and will try to bring bbq stuff also...Krytin (Paul) said he's bringing a grill and some extra food.

I'm gonna try to recruit a few more... :up:

So at this place, are we tailgating or is there a picnic area where we can still keep an eye on our cars and make sure we get no dings from inconsiderate people. :nono:

Danny

Krytin
06-25-2004, 07:35 PM
The beach is right next to the parking lot - cook & eat within sight of the vehicles no problem!

valkyrie
06-25-2004, 08:01 PM
The beach is right next to the parking lot - cook & eat within sight of the vehicles no problem!

Besides there is plenty of room. We don't have to be within 10 yards of anyone if we don't want to be.

Marauder
06-26-2004, 04:57 AM
Besides there is plenty of room. We don't have to be within 10 yards of anyone if we don't want to be.

At least I'm not the only weirdo that parks 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000 feet from any other car in a lot. When I'm in the MM, I'm the guy that parks in the last spot next to no one in the mall parking lot. :D

valkyrie
06-26-2004, 07:59 AM
Somehow someone still gets me though. I think A$$*&$^$ with terrible cars do it on purpose.

Marauder
06-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Somehow someone still gets me though. I think A$$*&$^$ with terrible cars do it on purpose.

I hear ya...best you can do is be careful and hope.

FYI, its raining right now....hopefully it'll pass. :D

Krytin
06-26-2004, 08:31 AM
It's still dry in rocky Point and the weather still calls for clearing after noon!

troopcar
06-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Hey all,

Can't make it today. My 88 year old aunt is moving from 65 miles away to about 135 miles away and she needs some help with packing and such, so duty calls.

Hope you have a good meet. It's great to be near the water.

P.S. to Marauder: I'm the nut who parks 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 001 feet away in a parking lot. So far (knock wood here) my luck has held out.

All the best,

troopcar

03SILVERSTREAK
06-26-2004, 08:53 AM
Hey all,

Can't make it today. My 88 year old aunt is moving from 65 miles away to about 135 miles away and she needs some help with packing and such, so duty calls.

Hope you have a good meet. It's great to be near the water.

P.S. to Marauder: I'm the nut who parks 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 001 feet away in a parking lot. So far (knock wood here) my luck has held out.

All the best,

troopcarHey Troopcar - My camera is looking for you:lol: :lol: ;)

Marauder
06-26-2004, 09:11 AM
Just a passing shower...got sunny after but cloudy again.

Paul, call me if any change of plans...otherwise, 3:15 at that rest stop.

Krytin
06-26-2004, 10:26 AM
The radar map still shows it blowing out to the east and everything coming in from the west is clear!

Marauder
06-26-2004, 10:53 AM
The radar map still shows it blowing out to the east and everything coming in from the west is clear!

That's what I'm seeing also on the news. Sun just came out. :D

What time would you be leaving your house cause we'd leave just before 3 or so.

Marauder
06-26-2004, 11:16 AM
That's what I'm seeing also on the news. Sun just came out. :D

What time would you be leaving your house cause we'd leave just before 3 or so.

Do you want to meet on the eastbound or westbound rest stop? I thought maybe the eastbound.

Don't we need to take the Sagitos south and going west, that rest stop is after the sagitos?

Ralph (nexstar7) is also meeting us but I told him the eastbound rest stop cause he's coming from Queens.

Danny

Krytin
06-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Well, that was fun! I posted some pictures in my gallery.
We need to get a few more of these outdoor meets in while the weather is nice!
The BBQ was fun - "that goes good with garlic & a little bit of onion..."

valkyrie
06-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Well, that was fun! I posted some pictures in my gallery.
We need to get a few more of these outdoor meets in while the weather is nice!
The BBQ was fun - "that goes good with garlic & a little bit of onion..."

I had a good time. I was due for a couple of hours of relaxation. I am good for most weekends. Let's start planning now.

I think it would be nice to get together for a "picture day".

Marauder
06-27-2004, 05:22 PM
I had a good time. I was due for a couple of hours of relaxation. I am good for most weekends. Let's start planning now.

I think it would be nice to get together for a "picture day".

I definitely had fun!!! Looking forward to the next one!!!

DL04
06-29-2004, 06:20 AM
The BBQ was a lot of fun-great location,nice views! Thanks to;Paul for the buns- Danny for the extra meat - Ralph for the cold Hiney- and Valkrie for the stogies and the little friend[who scampered off never to be seen again]! Lookin forward to the 'cruise'- hey Ralph maybe we can rent a ferry this way we can take the Marauders on the cruise with us :lol:

nexstar7
06-29-2004, 03:43 PM
i think my car would need alot of dramamin.. going to look up captree for a cruize night. or day ;)

tbore007
06-30-2004, 12:03 PM
glad to see you all had fun,,,,i got hitched......wa hoooo!!! :banana2:

nexstar7
06-30-2004, 03:40 PM
why did you get hithched. flat tire. ;) just kidding. congrads on the newlly weds. enjoy :beer: ;)

Marauder
07-02-2004, 06:35 PM
:D :beer:

Krytin
07-03-2004, 06:52 AM
I don't know if this link will work - but maybe it's time to start a new thread for July's meet.
http://veepers.optonline.net/card/ob pP.Fm2bqdIlJBtv.Cqq

the link dosen't work

nexstar7
07-03-2004, 08:45 AM
i still havent heard from captree

jgc61sr2002
07-03-2004, 04:45 PM
tbore007 - Congrats and Best Wishes. :beer: