PDA

View Full Version : Marty took the time

Charlie Costell
11-17-2017, 10:49 AM
To all,
I bought a tune from Marty, and it arrived yesterday, faster than promised.
He was kind enough to sit with me on the phone while we programmed the MM.
All I can say is WOW, this thing is now awake. One of the reasons I put it away years ago was, I hated the way the transmission shifted. Always shifted to fast and lugging (I do not drive it hard).
Well, I chose transmission shift "7" which was recommended. I will say that I wonder what it would be like if you picked any higher number? Neck surgery maybe? Can't wait to see how the rest of the tune works, but it has to be great.
I will drive it more this weekend and update if need be. I absolutely love the new drive.
Thanks so much Marty.

RubberCtyRauder
11-17-2017, 11:18 AM
Good stuff, Charlie, glad you like it

BAD MERC
11-17-2017, 11:48 AM
Nice!!!! The correct tune makes this a completely different animal.

martyo
11-17-2017, 01:14 PM
Glad you like it Charlie!!

Lowndex
11-17-2017, 01:16 PM
Nice!!!! The correct tune makes this a completely different animal.

Well said and this thread is one of many touting Marty's tuning skill. :beer:

justbob
11-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrilogyMarauder
11-17-2017, 06:17 PM
Glad your happy Charlie. Marty is a great guy that always finds the time to help anyone. Hoping to visit his shop sometime in the future to have some 4.10 gears installed and redynoed.

martyo
11-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Thanks for all the good words everyone!!!

Guittard22
11-18-2017, 04:14 AM
Thanks for all the good words everyone!!!

So ... just say someone to get your time for a not supercharged mm - than down the road you put your supercharger on your car - ( been 5 years still not in the dam car :bigcry: ) do you need to buy a different turn for the car ?

martyo
11-18-2017, 04:27 AM
So ... just say someone to get your time for a not supercharged mm - than down the road you put your supercharger on your car - ( been 5 years still not in the dam car :bigcry: ) do you need to buy a different turn for the car ?

The tunes are not the same.

burt ragio
11-18-2017, 04:40 AM
Another thumbs up to Marty.
Chris, my guess is a big yes to a new tune when you install your supercharger. But why haven't you installed it yet ? You won the Mass lottery, you got your promotion, you got your inheritance ?

BAD MERC
11-18-2017, 08:54 AM

I am hoping that supercharger will be going on MY car.

JimP
11-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Go into the tune and turn it up 15% on the 1-2 shift if you are wondering what more than a 7 would feel like, the power to do so is at your finger tips. You can increase it up to 25% max.

Charlie Costell
11-19-2017, 05:42 AM
I am cool with it the way it is now. If I got adventurous later, maybe.
When I supercharges my 1015 GMC Sierra Denali with the 6.2, Edelbrock sent a great tune for it. No need on that one either for any more. With their tune, they gave me 36 months and 36000 mile warranty for the drive train. That is confidence.