PDA

View Full Version : New Mods

Murader03
06-07-2004, 02:13 AM
There has been a lot of negative comments lately about vendors, but ths sure won't be one. I spent two days with Dennis last week getting the MM worked up. Dropped the car off on Thursday, and left late Friday afternoon. Dennis and Arthur installed the transmission upgrade, cooling upgrade, new Denso's, under-drive pullies, and Cobra exhaust with x-pipe and hi-flow cats. Dennis stayed late on Friday to ensure the car was ready for the trek back north, when he "should" have been at dinner with his family. I have nothing but praise for the way I was treated as a customer and the way my car was taken care of during the time at the shop.

The trip back was uneventful and pleasantly suprising. The personallity of the car has totally changed for being an N/A car. It may not be as bad as the cars with S/C's, but it's bad enough for me. Cruising at 75 and a blip of the throttle, and the car was running 90 without even downshifting. The suprise for me was the increased MPG's after the mods. Even before the 4.10's went in, n '02, I could never get more the 19-19.5 MPG from the car. It stayed in that range with the 4.10's and chip. After these latest upgrades, new SCT flash also, I got a high of 21.9 MPG on the trip back. I'm impressed!

If anyone is thinking of these or other mods, I would highly recommend a trip to Dennis's shop in Orange Park, Fl. to not only meet the "MAN", but to have the installation done on site. What a great guy, a walking book of relentless information on the car, and just great to talk to. If I was interrupted by the phone ringing as much as Dennis was those two days, I'd either be in a looney bin, or I'd never get anything done.

Dennis, I had a great time both meeting you and watching you work. I look forward to my next trip through Orange Park to at least stop by and say hello, even if I don't need anything done.

Thanks again!

merc
06-07-2004, 06:48 AM
Glad to hear that you are another satisfied customer. I may have to take that pilgrimage to Florida in the near future. :up:

BigMerc
06-07-2004, 10:28 AM
You won't be disappointed by anything Dennis does to your car, What the best part is, is that you have Dennis to work with, and to sort out any other mods or items you may want to add, Some have said he's kinda gruff, but I have no problems. Dennis has a delivery and some thin skinned guys can't warm up to it, (Think military and it all fits)I have nothing but good things to say about all my mods, and the way Dennis puts out his product and his service. I'm going back this summer for some more. You should too!!!

Haggis
06-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Glad to hear you had a safe trip Bob and that everything went smooth. How does Dot like the new sound of the car, too loud huh? We will have to get together soon so I can hear the difference and check out your dental work from all that smiling that you are now doing. :D

Murader03
06-08-2004, 12:13 AM
Glad to hear you had a safe trip Bob and that everything went smooth. How does Dot like the new sound of the car, too loud huh? We will have to get together soon so I can hear the difference and check out your dental work from all that smiling that you are now doing. :D

Well, to be honest, unless she was awake whewn I went to work tonight, she hasn't heard is yet. She told me it was loud before, so I guess I'll really be in hot water when she does hear it. If I can keep the tone down leaving for work at night, I just might get by with it.....NAH! Might have to reinstall the original tips I've been keeping in the garage......