PDA

View Full Version : JUNE - DynoTune / Dyno Pull's

PhkinQk
06-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Today I spoke to Mike the owner of http://www.jandmmotorsports.com/home.htm (http://www.jandmmotorsports.com/home.htm).

They are in Manchester, CT near the Hartford area. They are not only an SCT Tuner dealers but also one of the top shops in the CT area. I have had some good feedback from them. And they're very familiar with the SCT products....

I floated the idea of getting several Marauder folks there for some dyno's and DynoTuning.....

He said, for us, if we got a sufficient turn out, 5 or more, he could reduce his normal price of $75 for 3 dyno pull's / $150 per hour for DynoTuning, PM me for price details.

He said that Sat June 19th would work well and possibly the 26th as an alternate day. But let's try for the 19th.

IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST IN ATTENDING PLEASE PM ME AND LET ME KNOW FOR A COUNT.

PhkinQk
06-09-2004, 02:50 AM
Update: had a few emails one definite for the 19th one for 26. My cousin can come with his Vette on the 26th so that'd be three if the 26th, so far....

I'll start PMing people more info as soon as I can. The discount looks to fall around a 1/4 and a 1/3, respectively, so if interested don't wait till the last minute...:)

03SILVERSTREAK
07-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Today I spoke to Mike the owner of http://www.jandmmotorsports.com/home.htm (http://www.jandmmotorsports.com/home.htm).

They are in Manchester, CT near the Hartford area. They are not only an SCT Tuner dealers but also one of the top shops in the CT area. I have had some good feedback from them. And they're very familiar with the SCT products....

I floated the idea of getting several Marauder folks there for some dyno's and DynoTuning.....

He said, for us, if we got a sufficient turn out, 5 or more, he could reduce his normal price of $75 for 3 dyno pull's / $150 per hour for DynoTuning, PM me for price details.

He said that Sat June 19th would work well and possibly the 26th as an alternate day. But let's try for the 19th.

IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST IN ATTENDING PLEASE PM ME AND LET ME KNOW FOR A COUNT..Im going to start this up again since no one showed intrest for June . we have a golden opportunity here to have five(5) or more members get together and have our MM Dyno,ed and Tuned to squeeze out as much horsepower as we can and the cost is not bad considering that he is also a SCT Tuner/Dealer . im sure that we can get our MM calibrated with our tuners to our own preference . so far we have myself and bob and bobs brother looking to do this . It would be great if we have 3 to 4 more members from the tri-state area that can jump on board so we can discuss a set date to get together up there and make a day out of it...:up: :burnout:

MM03
07-01-2004, 07:28 PM
I would be in for a tuning session. What date are you thinking and would i need my own SCT tuner or do they program directly to the computer? Let me know what you think? Thanks Ron.

FTL40
07-03-2004, 07:08 AM
for 75 bucks i would do it. i have a 2000 GM tho, would it still work? i know this is late but if it happens again i would def be in for it at that price

03SILVERSTREAK
07-03-2004, 10:37 AM
I would be in for a tuning session. What date are you thinking and would i need my own SCT tuner or do they program directly to the computer? Let me know what you think? Thanks Ron.That depends if we can get 2-more people...

for 75 bucks i would do it. i have a 2000 GM tho, would it still work? i know this is late but if it happens again i would def be in for it at that priceI don't see why not ...

I would be interested. I would like to get a base line pull & then tune for a modest increase - the big question - can they tune/reprogram my chip or do I need my own tuner?I would think if they carry your same chip .

Krytin
07-03-2004, 10:47 AM
I would be interested. I would like to get a base line pull & then tune for a modest increase - the big question - can they tune/reprogram my chip or do I need my own tuner?

03SILVERSTREAK
07-04-2004, 09:50 AM
So far we have the following members ready to do this:

PhkinQk

03SILVERSTREAK-Myself

MM03

FTL40

Krytin

It would be great if we have 3 or more members come on board...

FTL40
07-04-2004, 03:04 PM
now i have my stock computer and everything. all i relaly want is better tranny shifts. i would like more power but want to keep my 89 octain setting. anyone have ideas of final cost after everything?

03SILVERSTREAK
07-04-2004, 05:03 PM
If your MM is stock then you should know that the minimal octane setting is 91 Preminum...

FTL40
07-05-2004, 06:52 AM
i have a 2000 grand marquis. i want to keep my 87 gas. cant afford 93 because driving to school everyday just trying to figure out what this will cost me since i have nothing done to the car.

Krytin
07-05-2004, 10:03 AM
If you visit the website: http://www.jandmmotorsports.com/home.htm.
it appears that they can tune chips - no prices listed so I guess a phone call is in order (also listed on the site).

valkyrie
07-05-2004, 11:09 AM
I would be in. Have to be before Indy.

03SILVERSTREAK
07-07-2004, 09:51 PM
I would be in. Have to be before Indy.So far we have the following members ready to do this:

PhkinQk

03SILVERSTREAK-Myself

MM03

FTL40

Krytin

since we have the above ready to do this and no one else has come on board , we now need to set a date to get together and have this Dyno done...:banana2:

valkyrie
07-08-2004, 06:03 AM
So far we have the following members ready to do this:

PhkinQk

03SILVERSTREAK-Myself

MM03

FTL40

Krytin

since we have the above ready to do this and no one else has come on board , we now need to set a date to get together and have this Dyno done...:banana2:

Depending on the date I would be interested.

FTL40
07-09-2004, 12:56 PM
before i am totally in i have to know the final price it would be. gotta know if i will be able to afford all of the other little costs therre will probably be

PhkinQk
07-09-2004, 01:20 PM
for 75 bucks i would do it. i have a 2000 GM tho, would it still work? i know this is late but if it happens again i would def be in for it at that priceJust to keep things straight, the regular price is $75 for 3 pulls or $150 per hour for tuning unlimited pulls......and that's the regular price.......we're shooting for 1/4 to 1/3 less then that price.....but tuning and straight pulls are different then a tune..... if you have no or little mods, then the pulls should suffice....if you've overspent on mods like a lot of us, you want to tune it all in, lol.

I would be in for a tuning session. What date are you thinking and would i need my own SCT tuner or do they program directly to the computer? Let me know what you think? Thanks Ron.I know at least me and 03silverstreak have the SCT tunes.....but having the tuner yourself is the idea.....it takes your stock program holds it and relpaces it with the new one.....if you have problems.....you can load your stock program back in......so I'd say best thing would be for anyone to spend the $350 and get a tuner. And these guys are one of two shops around that are licensed by SCT.

FTL40
07-09-2004, 01:40 PM
sorry for all the questions. so with the pulls what are they able to adjust through my stock computer? so this should cost about 100 bucks by the time there done?

PhkinQk
07-09-2004, 02:00 PM
They won't adjust anything for the straight dyno pull's you'll get the average of the 3 and that's it............for the dyno tuning, they will but I'd suggest a tuner, if not I'm sure your performance increase would be nominal........there are many adjusment points with the tuner.

And some get 10% HP increase or more....I wish I got a before and after the mods dyno.....but I wish I won Lotto too.

sorry for all the questions. so with the pulls what are they able to adjust through my stock computer? so this should cost about 100 bucks by the time there done?

FTL40
07-09-2004, 02:42 PM
oooooooooo i thought this was a dyno tune. sorry guys im out then hope i dident mess anything up for you

PhkinQk
07-10-2004, 06:08 AM
oooooooooo i thought this was a dyno tune. sorry guys im out then hope i dident mess anything up for you.
Dude, lol. You're kidding, right? No you're not.....ok....

This is both........if you go for just the pulls it's between $50 - $75 ($75 being the regular price, $50 if we get enough people) and for the dyno tune is between $100 - $150. ($150 being the regular price and $100 if we get enough people)

As we've said, JandM are among the best tuners in the area and they're one of only a few licensed SCT dealers/tuners.....

FTL40
07-10-2004, 12:09 PM
if i can get it dynotned for 150 i am def in. i just want to amke sure i dont have to buy a chip, and if i do i just wana know how much. ok so my last and final question is on a stock 2000 grand marquis what will it cost for a dynotune

Krytin
07-11-2004, 03:47 PM
We gonna pick a date for this thing! I'm afraid I can only do saturdays.

PhkinQk
07-12-2004, 01:36 AM
As far as Saturdays....

17th - Is The North East get together.....
24th - I can't do.
31st - Is Marauderville 2 .... Does that conflict with anyone here?

We gonna pick a date for this thing! I'm afraid I can only do saturdays.

Krytin
07-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Looks like it won't happen in July! I didn't realize how much of the month was gone/already scheduled!