PDA

View Full Version : Order Placed

Big Joe P
06-07-2004, 08:28 PM
I ordered the complete system today. I'll keep everyone posted on the project.

BruteForce
06-07-2004, 08:36 PM
:up: You will NOT be disappointed! :up:

Zack
06-07-2004, 08:53 PM
So when am I installing them?

Constable
06-07-2004, 09:16 PM
The Kooks were, by far, the BEST mod I did to the car. Power, sound, quality, customer service, etc are all amazing. Good luck with 'em!

BillyGman
06-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Ditto.....I LUV these headers, and the mufflers too. They sound great!! I too have the entire Kooks system. Well worth the price. The one thing I'd suggest though is that after you get it delivered to you, then send the headers out to get ceramic coated. Kooks used to have them coated, but that's when it was mandatory since they used to make them from mild steel (which is what I got). Now they make them w/Stainless steel, but the heat will still change the color of headers even if they are stainless steel.

Big Joe P
06-08-2004, 03:20 AM
Zack....Zack....Zack... we'll talk on Sunday....

CRUZTAKER
06-08-2004, 04:56 AM
You will be incredibly pleased! Wait to see you dyno numbers soar....:burnout:

One note though! Get a new set of COPPER collector gaskets from Summit, or elswhere, as the paper ones will blow out after several hard WOTS. They are only like $5 for the pair, and even Nick will attest to the paper ones being not so good.

When you get everything installed, and your out goofing....find a tunnel...you must find a tunnel, or enclosed overpass. Get on it hard, and you'd swear you were in a NASCAR!!!:rolleyes:

BillyGman
06-09-2004, 03:59 AM
You will be incredibly pleased!
When you get everything installed, and your out goofing....find a tunnel...you must find a tunnel, or enclosed overpass. Get on it hard, and you'd swear you were in a NASCAR!!!:rolleyes:
You do that too? I luv doing that. And I agree. this exhaust system makes the Marauder sound mean, and when you hit the trottle in a tunnel, or under a bridge, it's plain amazing!!!

darebren
06-09-2004, 04:28 AM
I love the tunnel/bridge thing too. do you guys have the megs delete? i was thinking about getting the baffleless tail pipes, as at idle the car is not loud at all, and I'd like to hear it even more...

studio460
06-09-2004, 04:58 AM
I love the tunnel/bridge thing too. do you guys have the megs delete? i was thinking about getting the baffleless tail pipes, as at idle the car is not loud at all, and I'd like to hear it even more...
Delete tips? Hell, when I finally get my headers installed, I going with 18" Magnaflow glasspacks!

BillyGman
06-10-2004, 09:23 AM
LOL, I think Shooter is going to blast everyone outta their beds when he drives by neighborhoods at night!!! And to answer the question posed, NO, I haven't done anything at all w/the tailpipes. They're stock from the factory. My car sounds fine.

hitchhiker
06-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Zack....Zack....Zack... we'll talk on Sunday....

My Grandfather, a Scot, would have had a fit if he saw your avatar!

:lol:

I had a great laugh though!

Best Reards,

David

Haggis
06-10-2004, 09:53 AM
My Grandfather, a Scot, would have had a fit if he saw your avatar!

:lol:

I had a great laugh though!

Best Reards,

David

It looks like one of the members from a band called "Clan-A-Drumma" or something close to that.

And the old Scot warriors did more than just a haircut to demoralize their opponents.

CRUZTAKER
06-10-2004, 10:02 AM
I have the 'delete' tips, and it's still has a gentle rumble when idling. However, my wife says she can hear it some 100' to the house, in the upstairs bedroom, with the windows closed. I think the sound is deceiving, and carries further than one might imagine just standing next to the car.

Another fun thing to do is to down shift. Particularly when someone is watching, or an LEO is in the lane next you drooling over your ride!
When approaching a light or exit, I will turn off the OD off at about 60 or so, giving the throttle a little blip just as the gear change is made. Again at precisely 46 mph, I drop into 2nd, and blip again just as it is preparing to kick in.....the results are the old school crackle & pop of glasspacks that only the KOOKS can reproduce.

It turns heads, and the LEO's drool even more....:rock:

darebren
06-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Barry, that's funny. I thought I was the only one who did it to impress like that. I usually roll into my neighborhood in first gear too... and let it engine brake down the hills

Big Joe P
06-11-2004, 09:02 PM
My car is pretty loud right now. My first mod was to replace the stock mufflers with straight pipes. I'm sure once the headers are on that would be too loud, so I'm going to try the 18" magnaflow's. I can't wait for this stuff to arrive.......

FiveO
06-14-2004, 03:44 PM
My car is pretty loud right now. My first mod was to replace the stock mufflers with straight pipes. I'm sure once the headers are on that would be too loud, so I'm going to try the 18" magnaflow's. I can't wait for this stuff to arrive.......

Definitely keep us updated.

I'll probably be ordering the entire set next week.

Just gotta find someone who knows what they're doing to install it.

CRUZTAKER
06-14-2004, 04:01 PM
All of you folks that will sub out the installation of your KOOKS system, should do a search here for Kooks installations. There is a plethera of information and tricks to the install that will be very helpfull to the average muffler shop. Be aware that although a pro-shop could do this entire install in 4-5 hours...expect the average Joe to add two hours to this figure.

Printing all the former member installation feedback will easily cut an hour or more off your installers time. I did, and although the folks at C&M Motorsports Avon, Ohio fabricate their own exhausts, the tech was none the less thankfull for the tips I printed.

BillyGman
06-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Barry makes an excellent point. both I and "TooManyFords" posted directions on the installation of those headers. And my suggestion to you is that even though Kooks has these headers made in Stainless steel now, I'd get them ceramic coated anyway if i were you even if Kooks no longer offers that. I think it's well worth it.

I've put 8,000 miles on my car and went and drove it through four snow storms since I've installed the Kooks headers, and because I had them ceramic coated, they still look the same way today as they did the day I installed them. they're not even discolored at all!!!!

Big Joe P
06-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all the info so far. 2 weeks and no delivery yet. I'm very anxious to get these on...........

Big Joe P
07-02-2004, 08:49 AM
I was told that Thursday July 8th MIGHT be my shipping date. (FYI to those ordering) That would be 4 1/2 weeks after placing the order. . I was comfortable ordering on June 7th that they would be installed and I'd get a re-tune from Lidio by MV II... now I'm not so sure. Anyway, I'm still anxious about this project.

FiveO
07-06-2004, 07:14 PM
If you get a shipping notice please advise.

Hoping for a month...that way mine will ship in a week or two :)

Big Joe P
07-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Today is July 12th, my order was placed June 7th, that's 5 weeks ago. I spoke with Kook's today and was told it might ship at the end of the week.............. Only 2 1/2 weeks til MV II..... cutting it close.....

Slowpoke
07-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Joe - you need to go down to Kooks and kick some ass!

FiveO
07-12-2004, 03:58 PM
I ordered mine June 21st...and my credit card hasn't even been charged yet.

Here's hoping for an August 1st delivery.

No biggie to me...just wanna get it on before the fall!

Big Joe P
07-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Guess what I got......... UPS delivered my complete KOOK's set-up today. FYI it took exactly 7 weeks from ordering to delivery. Too late to have Lidio install it for MV II, but I'm excited to finally get it. This could very well be my last mod...... yeah right !!

FiveO
07-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Mine arrived this AM also...just after 8am.

Hey...Twin Kooks :D :banana:

Getting shipped out tomorrow to get coated. $230 plus shipping both ways.

Oh well....get it done right the first time!!!

I'm going to have to open the boxes tonight though :D Just to peek!

Big Joe P
08-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Installation was completed by Zack last weekend. One day service, what a guy.... Initally the magnaflow mufflers that are supplied by Kook's were installed. I ran it for a couple days like that. Of course I wanted it LOUDER. I had the magnaflow's replaced with straight pipes, much TOO LOUD. Today I had Flow Tech RED HOTS installed. It's basically a straight through glass pack type muffler. 2 1/2" inlet 24" long. I think it's the sound I want, but I'll have to drive it for a few days to see.....

MM03MOK
08-17-2004, 02:59 PM
.....much TOO LOUD......:director: No, you really didn't say that, did you??

Logan
08-17-2004, 03:55 PM
How can that be? Geez...We GAVE you earplugs for cryin' out loud... :D

FiveO
08-17-2004, 04:01 PM
My Kooks system went on last Friday and all I can say is that its loud with the 18" Magnaflows....not obnoxious loud...but any type of acceleration there is a noticable drone in the cabin.

I'm learning to live it with....with the radio up I hardly hear it :)

Zack
08-17-2004, 06:14 PM
Joe you're nuts.
Keep it up :2thumbs:

Slowpoke
08-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Joe... if you would just grow your hair a little longer, it would cover your ears and help muffle the sound. Or, better yet, get your girlfriend pregnant, and have a cute little Joe or Josephine. The cries of a baby will all but drown out EVERY decibal from the kooks and straight pipes! I'll make sure to mention it the next time you bring her around! :pancake: