PDA

View Full Version : Marauderville, here we come !!!

cruzer
06-07-2004, 08:33 PM
O K, it is time to make some decisions. The folks at Indy need to know NOW if you are going to attend Marauderville II or not. Also, we need to find out who will be leaving when so we can put people together so they can travel together---much safer and more fun . Please post your intentions, planned route and planned departure time-- :rock: Let's get this show on the road---64 people travelled lots of miles to make M'ville I a success---the least we can do is make an equal effort to make Indy a success. --there will be PLENTY to do and a lot of GREAT PEOPLE to add to your list of friends--there is nothing like it :up: :up: ALSO, buy your RAFFLE TICKETS--there are LOTS of GREAT PRIZES for everyone--GET BUSY--time is growing short.
Let's try to have a game plan by the time we get together at Chuck's on JUNE 26th :lol: See you all at Indy, Maury

cyclone03
06-08-2004, 07:33 AM
I'm all set and paid up.
I can't make Chucks again because the 26th is my daughters birthday.
I was planning on leaving Wed.
The one thing I know for sure is I will be at IRP first thing Friday!

Make some plans and lets do this.

Only suggestion I have is lets sight see on the way home.

rumble
06-08-2004, 07:24 PM
God speed gentlemen, I won't make Chucks on the 26th,
I'll be in the Big Easy and the weekend of Marauderville II
I have to go to the Windy City. If it's half as much fun as Marauderville I was you'll not be disappointed. I met so many cool folks from the board, Sarge, TAF, Liddo, Dennis and on and on and on.

Just watch out for Cruzer when your car is unlocked. He is
a known Marauder pilferer.
Gary

TAF
06-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Just watch out for Cruzer when your car is unlocked. He is
a known Marauder pilferer.
Gary
Most likely the BEST story of Marauderville I...I laugh now, just thinking about it Gary!!!! :lol:

martyo
06-09-2004, 03:45 AM
Most likely the BEST story of Marauderville I...I laugh now, just thinking about it Gary!!!! :lol:

Sure only 'cause it wasn't your car....... :lol:

cruzer
06-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Come on folks--let's hear from you---everyone in the Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas area should check in and try to hook up with other Marauders---it is a lot of fun convoying from 3 to 15 cars. Since most of us will end up approaching Indy on I -70, hook-ups are a good possibility. Mr & Mrs Buckwheat , John and Gina, and I will be leaving Ft Worth on Tuesday,via I-35/I-44, overnite in St Louis ( with a possibility of a few track runs :burnout: ), continuing to Indy on Wed. :beer: . Let's post here and see what arrangements we can make . See you on the road, :banana: Maury

2003 MIB
06-14-2004, 06:06 AM
Coli and I scheduled to start the trip at 0300 on 29JUL04. Straight through.

woaface
06-14-2004, 06:58 AM
Can I have till the end of this week to let ya'll know? Or...since I'm a guest is there that same rush for an answer?

MM03MOK
06-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Can I have till the end of this week to let ya'll know? Or...since I'm a guest is there that same rush for an answer?James, did you move to Texas?? ;)

Logan
06-14-2004, 07:15 AM
Dan, Looks like you and I will be caravaning up to Indy together. That's pretty much what I was planning on doing... :up:

woaface
06-14-2004, 07:16 AM
James, did you move to Texas?? ;)
::Looks in the air and starts to whistle...shuffles off::

2003 MIB
06-14-2004, 07:37 AM
Dan, Looks like you and I will be caravaning up to Indy together. That's pretty much what I was planning on doing... :up:

I sure wouldn't mind running up there with you, Boss- lets' work it out at Chuck's. I don't know if I can keep up with your Banzai run....

cyclone03
06-19-2004, 06:36 PM
OK,
03mmcorpus starts us off,IH 35 N.
then picks me up just North of SA at about 1am the 29th.
We pick up MIB at 3am then off to Dallas area for Cruzer and Logan at about 5am.

Wow,I need to start teaching my 11 year old to drive so i can sleep.....

I know of 3 Starbucks on the way to Dallas but after that???

Anybody know of any LE's that can get us out of TX quick?

5 MM's in line at !@#MPH! :nono:

2003 MIB
06-28-2004, 05:03 AM
OK,
03mmcorpus starts us off,IH 35 N.
then picks me up just North of SA at about 1am the 29th.
We pick up MIB at 3am then off to Dallas area for Cruzer and Logan at about 5am.
Wow,I need to start teaching my 11 year old to drive so i can sleep.....
I know of 3 Starbucks on the way to Dallas but after that???
Anybody know of any LE's that can get us out of TX quick?
5 MM's in line at !@#MPH! :nono:

I just posted a meeting place (I-35 exit 473 in Sanger-Love's Travel Stop at 0400 on 29JUL04). That might be a nasty run for you South Texas folks- I'd rather have y'all arrive in Indy in one piece (caravan or not)- if it fits your plans great- if not, that's cool too.

cyclone03
06-28-2004, 06:15 AM
I posted the above tongue in cheek so to speak.

I think now I'll be leaving the 28th .

2003 MIB
06-28-2004, 06:25 AM
I posted the above tongue in cheek so to speak.

I think now I'll be leaving the 28th .

Whew!-Sounds like a much better plan...We'll see you in Indy- Please drive safe! :up:

Redster
06-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Whew!-Sounds like a much better plan...We'll see you in Indy- Please drive safe! :up:
I'm planning on leaving on the 28th and spending the night at Rolla, Mo. before heading in to Indy.
Which one of you guys is bringing the Texas flag? I can't, a Texan friend at work tells me I'm not a REAL Texan.

Johnman
06-28-2004, 07:45 PM
Just to let everyone know, I can't make it to Marauderville II. :depress: :depress: Have fun and take lots of video and pics!! And tell Steve Babcock we want a new Marauder based on the Ford Futura concept!

2003 MIB
06-29-2004, 03:58 AM
I'm planning on leaving on the 28th and spending the night at Rolla, Mo. before heading in to Indy.
Which one of you guys is bringing the Texas flag? I can't, a Texan friend at work tells me I'm not a REAL Texan.

I haven't been able to do that since that dork on Survivor took his for the TV show. However you should be welcomed into the Republic.
I, Dan Fielding do hereby bestow full Texas citizenship on our friend, Rod. I find him to be a person of good character etc... NOW you're a real Texan and NOW you can take a flag if you'd like. If your friend at work objects, he may petition the committee for a review.

2003 MIB
07-09-2004, 04:52 AM
I just thought I'd try to compile everyone's plans in one post based on discusssions I had with the North Texas Marauders last night:

Cruzer (Maury) and the Buckwheats (John and Gina) are headed to St. Louis from DFW Tuesday morning. They intend to meet up with jspradii (Jim) somewhere along the way.

Cyclone03 and Chris H are headed up to DFW on Wednesday morning to meet Logan about 8:00am and head to St. Louis. Rodster is also leaving about the same time but wasn't sure about his route.

Coli and I (1 Marauder) still plan to leave very early on Thursday morning and we're driving up with Steve and Linda (2 Marauders).We'll depart from the meeting place at 4:00am (I-35 exit 473 in Sanger-Love's Travel Stop).

I don't know about anyone else at this point.

cyclone03
07-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Cyclone03 and Chris H are headed up to DFW on Wednesday morning to meet Logan about 8:00am and head to St. Louis. Rodster is also leaving about the same time but wasn't sure about his route.

I don't know about anyone else at this point.

That would be a good plan,but, I have not had any contact with Logan or Chris.
I just made up that plan I posted on the fly.

I have no problem with the plan though and will hold to it,question is,Logan are you sleeping in and waiting for us?(Me).

I'm not planning on stopping though.35n-30e-40e-57n-55n-70e.

Redster
07-09-2004, 03:21 PM

I planning to leave Wed. about 7 AM. Will go north on I35 and have a reservation at the Holiday Inn in Rolla, MO. on I44 for that night. Head into Indy Thurs.
Now here's the math question. If I leave Fort Worth at 7 AM going north at 75 MPH and Logan and crew leave DFW at 8 AM at Logan's normal speed, will they pass me before I get to the Oklahoma border? My guess is yes they will.

Logan
07-09-2004, 04:11 PM
I'll be leaving first thing Wednesday, non-stop for Indy. I'll wait for you guys, no problem....

drobin
07-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Much to our regret, Lorraine and I shall miss this one due to an impossible work schedule, but that's how it goes in the oil patch. We will sincerely miss seeing all and shall make every effort to attend the next one. I think the wife is taking it harder than me that our plans were derailed. Be careful all, and have a great time!

drobin
Donald

2003 MIB
07-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Much to our regret, Lorraine and I shall miss this one due to an impossible work schedule, but that's how it goes in the oil patch. We will sincerely miss seeing all and shall make every effort to attend the next one. I think the wife is taking it harder than me that our plans were derailed. Be careful all, and have a great time!

drobin
Donald
Y'all will be missed, Donald. I think one of the memorable moments from MVI was when when were doing introductions. You introduced your screen name as
"D. Robin"- the room went blank until someone said, "Drobin!!"- Then we all got it. Much fun...:up:

chrish
07-10-2004, 02:56 PM
I have a 6 month old
& 4 year old not sure how many times we will have to stop. I would/will like to ride up with the croud but don''t want to leave any one down????

cruzer
07-10-2004, 07:08 PM
At breakfast this morning, Buckwheat (John and Gina) met Ginny :) and final plans were made for our departure for Indy. They couldn't convince Ginny to come along :bigcry: , so I will be solo.We are meeting for breakfast Tuesday morning at 7:30 at the IHOP at Precinct Line road and Mid-cities Boulevard --should be rolling within the hour----will not be pushing hard and plan to stop short of Saint Louis--overnight ---and then proceed to Indy , arriving in the early afternoon on Wednesday. Our route is :
I-35W / I-35 OKC--
I-44 STL
I-70 IND
Springfield , MO is our planned lay-over point--stop early, get a good nites rest and be fresh for the activities at MVII. Our timetable is very flexible and would like to hook up with anyone planning the same route on Tues and Wed---just let us know by post or pm.
The excitement builds :banana2: :up: :beer: Maury

cyclone03
07-11-2004, 06:54 AM

I planning to leave Wed. about 7 AM. Will go north on I35 and have a reservation at the Holiday Inn in Rolla, MO. on I44 for that night. Head into Indy Thurs.
Now here's the math question. If I leave Fort Worth at 7 AM going north at 75 MPH and Logan and crew leave DFW at 8 AM at Logan's normal speed, will they pass me before I get to the Oklahoma border? My guess is yes they will.

Being we're not going through OK,Yes you will clear OK before we do.
Now if you want to run to Arkansas....

Redster
07-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Being we're not going through OK,Yes you will clear OK before we do.
Now if you want to run to Arkansas....

Actually, I figured you guys would pass me before I made it out of Texas. But since you are going the other way, I have a chance.

Logan
07-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Eh? Here's the route I'll be taking, leaving Wednesday morning, those who want to join me, by all means... About 900 miles.

Merge onto I-35W N toward DENTON. 11.7 miles Map
I-35W N becomes I-35 N. 174.1 miles Map
Merge onto I-44 E via exit number 138A toward TULSA (Portions toll). 484.7 miles
Take the I-55 N exit- exit number 290A- on the left toward I-70 EAST/ILLINOIS. <0.1 miles
Merge onto I-55 N via exit number 290B toward I-70 EAST/ILLINOIS. 20.7 miles Map
Merge onto I-70 E toward INDIANAPOLIS. 214.3 miles Map
Merge onto I-465 N/I-74 W via exit number 73B. 6.5 miles Map
Take the exit- exit number 16A- toward US-136/SPEEDWAY/CLERMONT. 0.2 miles
Merge onto I-74 E. 0.1 miles Map

cyclone03
07-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Eh? Here's the route I'll be taking, leaving Wednesday morning, those who want to join me, by all means... About 900 miles.

Merge onto I-35W N toward DENTON. 11.7 miles Map
I-35W N becomes I-35 N. 174.1 miles Map
Merge onto I-44 E via exit number 138A toward TULSA (Portions toll). 484.7 miles
Take the I-55 N exit- exit number 290A- on the left toward I-70 EAST/ILLINOIS. <0.1 miles
Merge onto I-55 N via exit number 290B toward I-70 EAST/ILLINOIS. 20.7 miles Map
Merge onto I-70 E toward INDIANAPOLIS. 214.3 miles Map
Merge onto I-465 N/I-74 W via exit number 73B. 6.5 miles Map
Take the exit- exit number 16A- toward US-136/SPEEDWAY/CLERMONT. 0.2 miles
Merge onto I-74 E. 0.1 miles Map

Well having made this trip about 8 times,I'm sticking with the known.
Less than 17hrs from San Antonio to Plainfield IN (about 2 miles east of 465 off 70)

EDIT EDIT EDIT

Ok Plugging Denton TX into Mapquest brings up your directions,so we go your way I add about 10 miles or so no biggie but that $5 in tolls... :bigcry:

My way adds 10miles to your trip and no tolls... :cool4:

So does Oklahoma HP like Texans more than Arkansas HP ?

chrish
07-11-2004, 05:20 PM
You take the Arkan. route? That is the way I go when i go to Ohio, the best rout from Round rock I believe.I guess you will NOT meet up with Logan than?

cyclone03
07-11-2004, 05:38 PM
You take the Arkan. route? That is the way I go when i go to Ohio, the best rout from Round rock I believe.I guess you will NOT meet up with Logan than?

Leaving at 5am I should hit RR at about 0615.

I'm pretty easy going on road trips with groups.What do you think?OK,or AR ?

Logan
07-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Only reason I was really planning on going the northerly route is cuz mapquest said so and I haven't seen that part of the country. Arkansas route, been there done that.

Redster
07-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Only reason I was really planning on going the northerly route is cuz mapquest said so and I haven't seen that part of the country. Arkansas route, been there done that.

my .02 cents. If you leave in the morning and take I-30 you are going to have to fight Dallas traffic.
I don't think anyone wants to convoy with me, I stop every hour or so. See ya in Indy.

cyclone03
07-12-2004, 08:07 AM
my .02 cents. If you leave in the morning and take I-30 you are going to have to fight Dallas traffic.
I don't think anyone wants to convoy with me, I stop every hour or so. See ya in Indy.

Thats why I cheat and run around the loop to I-30 from the south.

cyclone03
07-13-2004, 01:09 PM
You know what,Im a little slow,I just figured out that we are talking Wednesday.

Logan catch up with you on 55 or maybe IH70.
We don't need to fight any more traffic than neccessary.

Anybody else from South Texas area want to try to hook up?

03mmmonroe
07-13-2004, 08:05 PM
HEllo, Logan

What time are you leaving on wed? Are you doing the trip with out stoping? May go up with you. Russell Pryor Corpus Christi, Tx. 281-788-0886 cell I may come up to dallas on Tuesday night after work. Have a good week. Russell Pryor

Logan
07-14-2004, 05:26 AM
I plan on leaving probably by 6am on Wednesday morning and driving straight through to Indy with plans to be there by about 6pm in time for supper.

You're more than welcome to join me. If that sounds good, let me know...

jfclancy
07-14-2004, 09:44 AM
I plan on leaving probably by 6am on Wednesday morning and driving straight through to Indy with plans to be there by about 6pm in time for supper.

Vaya con DIOS !! have a safe non-ticketed trip please take mucho pictures

Joe Clancy :beer:

2003 MIB
07-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Vaya con DIOS !! have a safe non-ticketed trip please take mucho pictures

Joe Clancy :beer:
Will do, Big Joe! We'll miss you but we'll take your spirit with us. Gonna see you at Chuck's on the 24th?

cyclone03
07-14-2004, 01:01 PM
HEllo, Logan

What time are you leaving on wed? Are you doing the trip with out stoping? May go up with you. Russell Pryor Corpus Christi, Tx. 281-788-0886 cell I may come up to dallas on Tuesday night after work. Have a good week. Russell Pryor

I'm leaving the San Antonio area at 5am Wed.

03mmmonroe
07-22-2004, 08:24 PM

Hello, Logan

Russ Pryor from Corpus again. Were in Dallas are you it is a big place. Major streets would help me make planes to come up in that area Tuesday night. Give me a call if you like 281-788-0886 cell. Thank you Russell Pryor 03MM.

03mmmonroe
07-22-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm leaving the San Antonio area at 5am Wed.
Hello,

Just though I would pass along I will be in the San Aantonio area on Friday for work. I am think of going to San Antonio Raceway for Domestic Shootout with the Marauder. GIve me a call if you would like to get together 218-788-0886. Russell Pryor

cyclone03
07-23-2004, 07:09 AM
Hello,

Just though I would pass along I will be in the San Aantonio area on Friday for work. I am think of going to San Antonio Raceway for Domestic Shootout with the Marauder. GIve me a call if you would like to get together 218-788-0886. Russell Pryor

I work nights....
Otherwise I would be there.

Logan
07-23-2004, 07:42 AM
Left ya a msg Russ... Staying anywhere in the I35E and FM1171 area in Lewisville would be about perfect...

RVT04
07-23-2004, 09:17 AM
2003 MIB AND US TWO ARE SCHEDULED TO BLAST OUT OF TEXAS FROM SANGER @ 0200 THURSDAY 29TH FOR A STRAIGHT RUN TO INDY
ANYBODY ELSE IS OF COURSE WELCOME TO FLY WITH US :banana2:

03mmmonroe
07-27-2004, 06:49 AM
Left ya a msg Russ... Staying anywhere in the I35E and FM1171 area in Lewisville would be about perfect...

should be up in your area later tonight. Russell Pryor corpus 281-788-0886

do you have an address that you want to meet at and a time.

Russ pryor