PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Marty and Lidio

stevengerard
03-21-2018, 08:13 PM
Two weeks ago I had a couple of vacuum hoses go bad on me. Replaced the first one, car ran good for a day, then started to run even worse the next day. I found the second culprit and replaced that hose as well. But the car only ran well for half the day. For the life of me it felt and seemed like a vacuum leak but I coulfn't find it. When I brought it to my local mechanic we got a ECU error code. Our assumption was the tune went or the ECU went bad and it was flooding the engine. Next day I tried to start the car and no go.

I thought I may have to get the car Dyno tuned again so I gave Marty a call. He walked me through some checks as well as helping me reinstall my tune. In the end, believe it or not, I think it was a loose fitting on the bottom of one of the inlet tubes from the supercharger.

I replaced the plugs, tightened all the vacuum hoses and inlet connections, the car runs great now, and Marty was very helpful, on the phone with me on a Saturday and a Sunday. That's some great service.

And Lidio went out of his way to find my original tune from years ago. As I had it on a 9100 but it wouldn't connect I had to get the original tune and reinstall it from an X4

justbob
03-21-2018, 10:03 PM
Always above and beyond!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martyo
03-22-2018, 06:16 AM
Glad we got you up and running.

You do recall my Sunday rates are quadruple time, right?

crownvic05
03-22-2018, 06:42 AM
Marty don't sleep.