PDA

View Full Version : Meziere electricwater pumps

Dennis Reinhart
06-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Right now I am in negotiations with http://www.meziere.com/ and I am going to test there water pumps on my N/A Marauder if I see a good gain they will set me up as a dealer I will offer these at a discount for the club I have used one of these on my 530 RWHP Mark 8 for over as year, and have not had any trouble with there product and it does make my car run much cooler so I will keep every one posted.

http://www.marauder57.com/images/Reinhart%20Moving%20MM.gif

Marauderman
06-08-2004, 02:24 PM
.....I am going to test there water pumps on my N/A Marauder if I see a good gain ......

.......uh.....Dennis......Didn 't know you had such a car--..this could only mean ........you did get Shelia that DTR ?..yeah that's the tickey isn't it?..and your referring to that ( the DTR) as your " N/A" car right?...well..if so , congrats for the new DTR ...or am I too soon on this.........in any event--love hearing about what your "into" next stuff anyway---..take care my friend.......Tom.......BTW---#7 is doing great !!Thanks....

Agent M79
06-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Is this the electric pump that is on Marauderchicks car? If so, we need to find a warning method for when the motor is no longer pumping. Something quicker than the temp gauge sweeping up would be real cool.

BTW, I think that this MM needs control arms ^^^^ !

Marauderman
06-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Is this the electric pump that is on Marauderchicks car? If so, we need to find a warning method for when the motor is no longer pumping. Something quicker than the temp gauge sweeping up would be real cool.

.uh..Dennis is good at putting in LED's for highlighting a problem....and one of those "blinking" to attract your atention I'm sure he could hook up for just that purpose.....

MARAUDERCHICK
06-08-2004, 03:21 PM

Yep, this is the same one!

glassman99
06-08-2004, 03:29 PM
There is definately interest if the HP gain is in the neighborhood of 10. The idea of an "idiot" light is also something that would be a good investment considering that a pump failure might not be noticed quick enough to shut the engine down without damage. A small "shift" type of lighting system tied to a temp sensor maybe mounted on top of the steering column? Keep us in the loop Dennis! :flamer:

MikesMerc
06-08-2004, 03:42 PM
I am definitely interested. HP gains aside, I would like the ability to run the pump after the motor is shut down (for stagging lanes and hot summer night cruising).

If you like the pump, I'll order one up for sure.

marauder307
06-08-2004, 03:56 PM
There is definately interest if the HP gain is in the neighborhood of 10. The idea of an "idiot" light is also something that would be a good investment considering that a pump failure might not be noticed quick enough to shut the engine down without damage. A small "shift" type of lighting system tied to a temp sensor maybe mounted on top of the steering column? Keep us in the loop Dennis!

Too bad we couldn't just put a red LED straight into the guage face, right under the sweep of the needle...

Agent M79
06-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Too bad we couldn't just put a red LED straight into the guage face, right under the sweep of the needle...
Now yer talkin'.

Krytin
06-08-2004, 04:06 PM
An led wired in series after the motor windings would go off (out) if you had an electric failure.

Cobra25
06-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

FordNut
06-09-2004, 07:05 PM
My car is at Team Ford having one of these installed now. There is a bypass switch available so you can power up the pump without the car being on. I suppose it will also run if the ignition switch is left in the "run" position without starting the car. I ordered the relay kit with mine but not the bypass switch. Kathy, is that how it works??

I did lots of research on these and only found 2 people that had problems with them.

MARAUDERCHICK
06-09-2004, 07:12 PM
My car is at Team Ford having one of these installed now. There is a bypass switch available so you can power up the pump without the car being on. I suppose it will also run if the ignition switch is left in the "run" position without starting the car. I ordered the relay kit with mine but not the bypass switch. Kathy, is that how it works??

I did lots of research on these and only found 2 people that had problems with them.
Yep! You are correct! I can turn the ignition switch "on" and the pump will run.....I can turn the ignition "back" to the auxillary mode and the pump will not run. Jason hard wired mine.....I can't remember exactly what he wired it to, but it was the best/safest way to do it. I'm taking mine up there on Saturday to have my BAER's installed!! I'll try to remember to ask him where exactly he wired it to!

BTW.....for those who want to know.....I gained 10.1 hp....and this was dynoed on a day when the temp was 92 degrees and the humidity was at 94%....so, I probably gained more hp, but it was hard to get on such a hot/humid day!

Kathy

Krytin
06-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Very impressive gain on the HP! It also looks like it may help in the cooling department as well! Thanks for the feedback! This is a mod I will go for.

MainEngDwarf
06-11-2004, 10:10 AM
I like the idea!! I have always been fond of cooler running engines, plus getting a horsepower gain......cool. :) (he he) Please keep me informed on what yo find out Dennis.

Marauderchick.. Have you had any troubles with yours?
Thanks

Dennis Reinhart
06-11-2004, 10:19 AM
The pump is on the way it will be here Monday I will test it next week I have already designed a green LED on my S/C kit that goes next to gauge package, this light will verify that either the SC pump is running or in this case the electric Water pump. I will include this in my kit when I have finished testing the pump and the dyno numbers.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1086974310-MVC-438S.JPG

I will say this I have used this on my Mark 8 and I love it, as far as our Marauders goes I would keep the old pump and bolts and pulley in a box in the trunk in case of a failure so you would not be stranded.

http://www.marauder57.com/Reinhart%20SC%20Banner%201.gif

MARAUDERCHICK
06-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Marauderchick.. Have you had any troubles with yours?
Thanks
I haven't had any trouble at all......So Far, So Good!!:up:

Dennis Reinhart
06-17-2004, 06:30 AM
OK after talking to Meziere they sent me a pump yesterday I am doing a buy in with them I will be a dealer for there products. I just finished the car, here are the results. Last week I tested PHP air box my car dyno # was 262 RWHP and 278 RWT

This morning it is about 10 degrees cooler I have made no AF or timing changes with the Meziere Electric water pump, I did not expect the Torque numbers I got. Meziere says they have gained as much as 20 HP on there test, I gained 18.2 RWHP and an astounding 28.2 RWT http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1087477448-MEZIEREDYNO.jpg

I drove the car yesterday, in traffic and you can see that the car is running cooler, when the car is cooler of course its going to make more safe power. I would like to offer these to the club for a group buy if there is enough interest. I would like to get twenty or more sales. I can really give a good price on these.

I will also include a green LED. and instructions as how to wire it.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1086974310-MVC-438S.JPG

This LED can be wired in after the fuse circuit to let you know if the pump stops or the fuse blows. The pump is a breeze to install and it can be used in all S/C Marauders as well.

http://www.marauder57.com/Reinhart%20SC%20Banner%201.gif

sailsmen
06-17-2004, 06:49 AM
Deos it have a free spinning pulley to replace the OEM as part of the elec pump?

TAF
06-17-2004, 07:03 AM
Deos it have a free spinning pulley to replace the OEM as part of the elec pump?
Yes...it can (and you should buy) come with the idler pulley. It's also important to get the optional installation Kit Part# WIK346 for cleaner install.

RF Overlord
06-17-2004, 07:12 AM
Yes...it can (and you should buy) come with the idler pulley. It's also important to get the optional installation Kit Part# WIK346 for cleaner install.

Todd, I assume this idler pulley is the same diameter as the stock water pump pulley. How does this fit in if one has underdrives? Since the U/D water pump pulley is a larger diameter, won't the belt now be too long with the Meziere unit?

TAF
06-17-2004, 07:14 AM
Todd, I assume this idler pulley is the same diameter as the stock water pump pulley. How does this fit in if one has underdrives? Since the U/D water pump pulley is a larger diameter, won't the belt now be too long with the Meziere unit?you lose the underdrive water pump pulley...add it to the ashtray/paper weight stack of unused parts...of course the holes make that a little difficult for the ashtray part... ;)

03SILVERSTREAK
06-17-2004, 07:16 AM
Yes...it can (and you should buy) come with the idler pulley. It's also important to get the optional installation Kit Part# WIK346 for cleaner install.yes Yes YES!!! :rock: :banana2: :bounce:

FordNut
06-17-2004, 07:26 AM
Todd, I assume this idler pulley is the same diameter as the stock water pump pulley. How does this fit in if one has underdrives? Since the U/D water pump pulley is a larger diameter, won't the belt now be too long with the Meziere unit?
It uses a different belt, about 2" shorter. I'll post the part # after I pick up my car today.

TAF
06-17-2004, 07:28 AM
It uses a different belt, about 2" shorter. I'll post the part # after I pick up my car today.
Thanks Brian...I forgot to mention that. I saw yours being done Tuesday...looks GREAT!

MERCMAN
06-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Their site mentions a life expectancy of 2500 hrs for the pump. Seems a bit low, but then what do I, the king of "ham-fisted goobers",know about water pumps??

TAF
06-17-2004, 07:42 AM
Their site mentions a life expectancy of 2500 hrs for the pump. Seems a bit low, but then what do I, the king of "ham-fisted goobers",know about water pumps??
it says that on the one for the "Big Block Ford"...the one for our cars is under FORD/Modular.

Ross
06-17-2004, 07:51 AM
That kind of HP and torque gains are impressive to me. Add to that the fact that I really like keeping my engine cooler in a "rather warm" climate. What kind of ballpark cost are we talking about here for the pump, new belt, installation kit, etc.? Is it a one or two hour install by a trained wrench, or more like three or 4 hours including wiring up the warning light, installing the LED, etc.? I liked the gains I got from DR's pulleys, and this sounds like even more gains.

Agent M79
06-17-2004, 07:55 AM
it says that on the one for the "Big Block Ford"...the one for our cars is under FORD/Modular.

This is the info I found: FORD/MODULAR (http://www.meziere.com/racing/electric/wp346.htm)

Doesn't really say much more beyond HP gain.

There is the age old question... has anyone before and after dyno'd just this mod?

I don't have "undies" yet so this would be a great mod package... the pulleys and the pump at the same time, eh?

MERCMAN
06-17-2004, 08:00 AM

Thanks, as usual,, MY BAD

BruteForce
06-17-2004, 08:09 AM
OK after talking to Meziere they sent me a pump yesterday I am doing a buy in with them I will be a dealer for there products. I just finished the car, here are the results. Last week I tested PHP air box my car dyno # was 262 RWHP and 278 RWT

I drove the car yesterday, in traffic and you can see that the car is running cooler, when the car is cooler of course its going to make more safe power. I would like to offer these to the club for a group buy if there is enough interest. I would like to get twenty or more sales. I can really give a good price on these.

I will also include a green LED. and instructions as how to wire it.

This LED can be wired in after the fuse circuit to let you know if the pump stops or the fuse blows. The pump is a breeze to install and it can be used in all S/C Marauders as well.

How about posting a group buy price and package details? I'm definitely interested.

MARAUDERCHICK
06-17-2004, 08:16 AM
There is the age old question... has anyone before and after dyno'd just this mod?
I did!!! I gained 10.1 rwhp:banana2:

Agent M79
06-17-2004, 08:38 AM
I did!!! I gained 10.1 rwhp:banana2:

That 10 plus 10 or 15 I've heard about from pulleys is a good day at the shop, huh?

So many mod choices now. Head spinning...

RF Overlord
06-17-2004, 08:55 AM
I'm interested, too...but first a couple more questions:

These things may be fo' ****zle on a race car, but what about a car that, at any given moment, may be cruising down the highway at 75, and the next be stuck in bumper-to-bumper in downtown Boston?

I'm guessing that this pump uses a fairly simple electric motor that only turns at one speed?...that may pump plenty of water at low vehicle speeds, but what about at higher highway speeds for hours at a time, will there be enough flow?

If this pump truly gives 10 hp gain, then I'm all for it, but this car is the Bunny Lady's daily driver, and she puts a lot of miles on it for her work and is oftentimes 2 hours from home so it's also got to be reliable...

Dennis Reinhart
06-17-2004, 08:55 AM
My car has underdrives it takes a belt 1" shorter, I have that in a Gator back. The electric pump has the same size pulley as the OEM water pump pulley.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1087487684-mezwp.jpg

tmac1337
06-17-2004, 09:18 AM
This applies to Fordnut or anyone else up in GA. How much did you guys pay for the pump and install at Team Ford since you guys were the first ones onto this mod? Where did you purchase the pump from initially? Can any mechanic install this kit easily? Please PM or Email me if you don't want to post prices here. Sounds like you guys have a good thing going in GA.

TAF
06-17-2004, 09:21 AM
This applies to Fordnut or anyone else up in GA. How much did you guys pay for the pump and install at Team Ford since you guys were the first ones onto this mod? Where did you purchase the pump from initially? Can any mechanic install this kit easily? Please PM or Email me if you don't want to post prices here. Sounds like you guys have a good thing going in GA.
Tim...I can't comment on the price of the Meziere...and I recommend you call Scott directly for the price of install. All install prices should be between you and the installer.

Ross
06-17-2004, 09:22 AM
My car has underdrives it takes a belt 1" shorter, I have that in a Gator back. The electric pump has the same size pulley as the OEM water pump pulley.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1087487684-mezwp.jpg

So Dennis, if I have your underdrives, I take off the water pump pulley, put on the new idler pulley, keep everything else the same, and switch to a 1" shorter belt?

MARAUDERCHICK
06-17-2004, 09:24 AM
I'm interested, too...but first a couple more questions:

These things may be fo' ****zle on a race car, but what about a car that, at any given moment, may be cruising down the highway at 75, and the next be stuck in bumper-to-bumper in downtown Boston?

I'm guessing that this pump uses a fairly simple electric motor that only turns at one speed?...that may pump plenty of water at low vehicle speeds, but what about at higher highway speeds for hours at a time, will there be enough flow?

If this pump truly gives 10 hp gain, then I'm all for it, but this car is the Bunny Lady's daily driver, and she puts a lot of miles on it for her work and is oftentimes 2 hours from home so it's also got to be reliable...
Mine's a daily driver too!!:up: And so far, so good!!!:up:

MARAUDERCHICK
06-17-2004, 09:25 AM
Sounds like you guys have a good thing going in GA.
It's the BEST thing goin'!!!;)

tmac1337
06-17-2004, 09:38 AM
Sounds like a good price Dennis. Can any local wrench do the install?

Black Terror
06-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Dennis,
I am in for group buy, will also take the new belt. PM or email me with cost.

Ross
06-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Dennis, how much for the entire setup: pump, belt, installation kit that was suggested, anything else we might need to do the whole job the best way?

TAF
06-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Dennis, how much for the entire setup: pump, belt, installation kit that was suggested, anything else we might need to do the whole job the best way?
Do NOT do this without the Optional Installation Kit Part#WIK346...otherwise you are doing too much splicing, rigging, etc. on the electrical.

TAF
06-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Sounds like you guys have a good thing going in GA.
It's the BEST thing goin'!!!;)
ALL others...are just "posers".:P ;)

MARAUDERCHICK
06-17-2004, 11:05 AM
ALL others...are just "posers".:P ;)
You got that right Todd!!!:up:

TAF
06-17-2004, 11:10 AM
You got that right Todd!!!:up:HOLLA! for the A-T-L "Everybody say HOOOOO!!!":cool4:
http://www.streetracingforums.com/attachment.php?postid=314684

Dennis Reinhart
06-17-2004, 11:37 AM
HOLLA! for the A-T-L "Everybody say HOOOOO!!!":cool4:
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1087498153-holla.jpg

Darn Todd I did not know you were married :lol:

TAF
06-17-2004, 11:39 AM
Darn Todd I did not know you were married :lol:
Hey that's BEFORE the gastric bypass surgery...

merc
06-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Todd, I didn't know you rolled like that ? :pimp:
Thier are so many things to learn about you, other then your Marauder :rock:
Martyo never said a thing about this.... :censor:

RF Overlord
06-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Todd...Thier are so many things to learn about you,
Yeah, but trust me, you don't WANT to know any of them...

:lol:

CRUZTAKER
06-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Is this a mod I can do and expect results...or is this another case of "hit the plateau" as far as power increases?

If this pump will do as advertised for me, and I can squeeze out a few more horsies....you know I cannot resist.

Others have asked, and I know you are inundated with questions:
Will you have a complete package for those of us who have the steeda u/d's and require additional items to include the WIK346 install kit.

FordNut
06-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Is this a mod I can do and expect results...or is this another case of "hit the plateau" as far as power increases?

If this pump will do as advertised for me, and I can squeeze out a few more horsies....you know I cannot resist.

Others have asked, and I know you are inundated with questions:
Will you have a complete package for those of us who have the steeda u/d's and require additional items to include the WIK346 install kit.
Barry,
See this thread:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10784

I started a new thread because this one had wandered so far off topic. But yes, it will make a difference, dyno proven. As for a kit from Dennis, he'll have to answer that one.

glassman99
06-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Dennis, I am interested in the complete kit. (I also have underdrives). Please PM me with the cost + availability. Thanks :rock:

purelux
06-26-2004, 08:38 PM
I am also intereted in the complete kit and I have steeda underdrives. Please pm me with cost and order info.

jparrie
06-27-2004, 12:47 AM
Right now I am in negotiations with http://www.meziere.com/ and I am going to test there water pumps on my N/A Marauder if I see a good gain they will set me up as a dealer I will offer these at a discount for the club I have used one of these on my 530 RWHP Mark 8 for over as year, and have not had any trouble with there product and it does make my car run much cooler so I will keep every one posted.

I'm in for a group buy if you make it happen.

Jim