PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Todd!

Local Boy
04-23-2018, 08:01 PM
Just wanted to extend my appreciation to you Todd. I'm the one who lives in Hawaii and ordered the rotors and pads for my MM.

All parts came in excellent condition and was installed (by me) with no problems.

Thanks for the excellent customer service, and for taking the time (quick replies) to get my order correct, due to my mistake...

I remain very grateful!!

Aloha, Randy :beer:

Ambitious1
04-23-2018, 08:29 PM
Those look great! How long did it take to install from start to finish? I would love to see a pic with the wheel back on.

Todd TCE
04-24-2018, 07:39 AM
Thanks Randy! Happy to help you out.

fastblackmerc
04-24-2018, 09:04 AM
Have the same in red.

Looks good, stops great!

Todd TCE
04-24-2018, 09:34 AM
Quite a few options and changes have come along over the past 12+ years.

Today you have 13, 14" FNSL6 kits as well as 14 and 15" Aero6 kits.

We pioneered this kit and it fell into the hands of a lot of CV conversion owners: guys how have grafted the front of the Vic under hot rods and a lot of F100 conversions. To that end today it's now available both as a TCE kit as well as a new Wilwood factory kit. Having noted the sales volume and fielding a vast number of calls to their office in hopes of getting one (often for free for a TV show...) I shared info with them on the project and they released both 12.88 and 14" FNSL6 kits as well as one Aero6 kit in 14" flavor.

The differences are noted on the TCE web page where you can figure out what works best for your needs.

Local Boy
04-24-2018, 01:03 PM
Those look great! How long did it take to install from start to finish? I would love to see a pic with the wheel back on.
-------------------------------------------------------
For the initial install...not long at all... 1 day of work (6-8 hrs.)...by myself...in my garage... Fitment was great with no issues upon initial install :beer: I installed it @ 9 years ago... and loved it every time I took it out...

This time was just to replace the rotors and pads... I had neglected to change out the worn pads and ended up scoring the rotors with the metal (pad) backing...

This was my mistake...The rotors lasted well over 8-9 years of part-time service...Very happy with this set-up!!!

Todd helped me tremendously 9 years ago, when I first purchased this kit...and was there again for me 9 years later...with the same excellent customer service... That's really remarkable in this day and age of diminished customer service attitudes... :bows:

I will always come here first for all my braking needs!

BTW: I will post up some pics when I get home (at work now)...

Up-date: Sorry, the wheels are dirty...:o

Thanks fastblackmerc :beer: Hope all is well with you and your family :beer:

Aloha, Randy