PDA

View Full Version : vortech supercharger

tmac1337
06-09-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm thinking about S/Cing later in the summer. If any of you have the Vortech S/C please let me know how you like it. What is your MPG usage now city vs. highway? Accelleration and low end torque? Is it what you expected? Life expectancy of motor? Thanks for any info.

Dennis Reinhart
06-09-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm thinking about S/Cing later in the summer. If any of you have the Vortech S/C please let me know how you like it. What is your MPG usage now city vs. highway? Accelleration and low end torque? Is it what you expected? Life expectancy of motor? Thanks for any info.

No problem call me any time

http://www.marauder57.com/Reinhart%20SC%20Banner%201.gif

Dennis Reinhart
06-09-2004, 10:24 AM

No problem call me any time

http://www.marauder57.com/Reinhart%20SC%20Banner%201.gif

Marauderman
06-09-2004, 03:10 PM
You are at the point( from reading your mods at your sig) where I was and I had Dennis install my V-2 Model....his # 7 .( see my garage )..You are right where you need to be--all has been done to prep it ( your mods to date) --only thing next --is the S/C as you say--

GO see Dennis __ He will fix you up --and Oh BTW--Gas --at steady 70MPH I get a strong 20 MPG.// have gotten 24 when traffic puts me down to 65 ...same as before =====it's the play time as in any car that you may see some diff.....but call Dennis--better yet--take a drive up on a friday- talk it over---plan a day there--you'll be glad --I am--and so are many others----
Good luck--and just do it!!!!!!!!!!...........Tom
I

tmac1337
06-09-2004, 09:44 PM
I'm glad to hear you like the Vortech Marauderman. Any input is appreciated while I consider getting one myself. Dennis has been a great help with my car so far, that is why I am looking into the Vortech.

Is there anyone else out there with a Vortech? Feel free to PM or Email me ref. your opinion on the Vortech or it's competition.

John F. Russo
06-11-2004, 08:41 AM
I'm glad to hear you like the Vortech Marauderman. Any input is appreciated while I consider getting one myself. Dennis has been a great help with my car so far, that is why I am looking into the Vortech.

Is there anyone else out there with a Vortech? Feel free to PM or Email me ref. your opinion on the Vortech or it's competition.

I have a Vortech.

I would suggest that you search this website for pros and cons of the different designs. The Eaton design, a screw type has the ability to maintain the same pressure at any speed. My Vortech produces 7 psig max at speeds below about 40 mph and above 40 mph it produces a maximum of 5 psig. I have been told that this is a characteristic of a centrifugal design.

BillyGman recently (about two months ago) installed an Eaton type. My above info is from his comments as expressed on this website.

______________________________ ___________________
2003 Dark Blue Pearl 300B (Canadian) w/Light Flint (reversed
traction control, mini spare, trunked 6 disc CD changer,
clock-in-the-radio, heated front seats/mirrors, hood light)
-Born 12/10/02; converted new then used 2/28/03
-23,000 miles
-18.5 mpg at a steady speed of 80 mph
-Stock transmission (upgraded with Performance Automatic
clutches and band after stock tranny failed in 8,800 miles)
-Wheel locks (Ford); godshead valve stem caps
-Badgeless front grille by “Zack”
-Zaino waxing; RainX
Kenny Brown: 6th “Signature Series” conversion (450 hp) Born
3/28/03 (first drove it)
-Vortech supercharger (5 to 9 psig boost)
-377 RWTQ
-4.10 gears
-Baer front brakes 14 in., two piston, slotted/drilled rotors
-MMX Driveshaft
-Precision, triple disc, P/N469018-3 Precision, triple disc, P/N469018-3
-Ford Racing Stud and Girdle
-Pirelli P-Zero Asimmetrico (front 255/45ZR18 99Y; rear
255/50ZR18 102Y)
-Dead pedal
-FordChip
-3/4 of a coil from each front stock spring removed to produce
the “same” effect as an Eibach spring
-Ground clearance: 5 in.
______________________________ ___________________________
1961 Ford Galaxie, 2 dr. Club Victoria, 390CID, 375hp, 4 barrel (gone)

John F. Russo
06-14-2004, 05:45 AM
Here is a partial list of of pertinent threads about superchargers.

"My dyno results"
"Triology intercooled supercharger here I come"
"Triology"
"Supercharger Wars"
"Sergent Mac's summary of who's who in the market"