PDA

View Full Version : 35 rwhp / 40 rwtq Reinhart Style

HwyCruiser
06-10-2004, 07:09 PM
I finally got the chance to strap the MM down and see what Dennis did for me... That I was pleasently surprised with the results is an understatement!

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1594Dynojet-med.jpg

The bobble on the first run is when the MM kicked down to 2nd. The last two runs were so close even with a 15-minute cooldown, so that it was all I needed to see. BTW: Temp = 71 Deg F, Humidity = 53% RH.

Assuming bone stock numbers of 240 rwhp and 255 rwtq, my actuals are 15% better with DR's SCT premium fuel tune with 92 octane, Cobra exhaust with stock mufflers, and the underdrive pulleys. 35 rwhp / 40 rwtq SAE for under $1500 parts is one heck of a deal. And the improved shifting with the tune, get outtahere.

The tuner I took my MM to was at first skepitcal that a "mail order" tune and the other minor performance mods would add up to much, but the results made him change his attitude quick! He was impressed with the relatively flat hp / tq curves and the air / fuel ratio that was as straight as a board. He said about a 2% adjustment in fuel would be about all he could do for me. No thanks, why mess with a good thing?

Thanks Dennis for allowing me to release the power of the beast! :up:

- JD

duhtroll
06-10-2004, 07:49 PM
THAT sounds awesome. Mine goes on next week with some 18" Magnaflows.

For a baseline comparison, I have my dyno with the current mods - 260 RWHP

And tonight John (TooManyFords) and I went out and did some time runs (with his GTech) on a deserted blacktop.

I was disappointed that my best run was only a 14.85 @ 94. The rest were in the 15s. :depress: I have 4.10s, chip, stat, and plugs. It was very humid and there were two of us in the car plus the car seat. I guess that might just make the exhaust system look even better for gains.

Now I have to go check tire inflation, plugs, and any other crap I can think of.

This is the first time I ever got a semi-official time for the 1/4 in my car, and I have to say I'm not going to settle for 14s once I get the exhaust done.

I'll just have to rob a da** bank and get a S/C.

Didn't mean to go off-topic for the thread - just thought my pre and post numbers might be valuable for comparison, too.

I will definitely check in with updated times post-exhaust when it's finished. Same with dyno once I can get it done.

Thanks,
-A

sailsmen
06-11-2004, 06:17 AM
% in that with the same HP increasing mods I have very similar HP/TQ #'s.

HwyCruiser
06-11-2004, 06:51 AM
The biggest change I've felt with the addition of the exhaust and UDPs is the nice pull while tipping-in with overdrive on. No need anymore to mash it and kick into 3rd to pass with authority or to hump up an entrance ramp. The smooth accel pulls through the gears are quite nice. She just flat gets with the program!

Now that I've seen the results on paper, I guess I'm motivated enough to join in on the N/A 300 rwhp crusade. What next? The 18" Magaflows are on the short list, an electric water pump sounds tempting, and whenever a proven cold air kit gets released I'm all over it. The posted praises of a PI stall converter for drivability are hard to ignore... Man, you gotta love the options.

I'm just waiting for someone to bust me on my comment a few months back that I probably woundn't to much more than just the gears and a tune ;).

This stuff is addicting!

- JD

HwyCruiser
06-12-2004, 01:08 PM
I posted this in the Lounge... some 0-60 mph data with my new geewiz new Passport G-Timer for those who want to see acceleration results:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10664

At least now I don't have to calibrate my butt-o-meter anymore!

- JD