PDA

View Full Version : Simple stage 1 install questions

Gagfish
06-12-2004, 05:08 PM
I have a few newbie questions about the stage 1 install. I'm sure I can figure them out but I want to double check myself to make sure.

1) On the Denso plugs, do they need to be gapped or are they pre-gapped?

2) Where exactly is the t-stat? Is it in the 3 hose connection thingy on the driver's side of the radiator?

3) Where is the EEC on these cars? Divers or passengers kick panel?

Donny Carlson
06-12-2004, 05:12 PM
You have a Saleen T-Bird? Cool!:burnout:

Gagfish
06-12-2004, 05:19 PM
You have a Saleen T-Bird? Cool!:burnout:

It's not an original, I built it myself to mostly Saleen specs except where I felt I could improve on theirs. It has the 2v 4.6L and in many ways is similar to the Marauder. But it's a '95 with 154k miles so that is where my new Marauder comes into the picture. The Saleen is for sale if anyone isinterrested.

Smokie
06-12-2004, 06:23 PM
1- Pre-gapped

2- Yes, re-use o-ring

3- Drivers side under dash, must disconnect from engine compartment.

Cobra25
06-12-2004, 06:26 PM
What Smokie said sound's right. I had mine done by Ford but it's not hard to do it your self

CRUZTAKER
06-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Gagfish, when you are ready to pull the EEC, send me a pm with your email addy and I will send you the FAQ.

MarauderMark
06-12-2004, 07:10 PM
Gagfish, when you are ready to pull the EEC, send me a pm with your email addy and I will send you the FAQ.

Aww Man when you clean it(eec) make sure you wipe the crap off too.Chip installation :mad:

Gagfish
06-13-2004, 06:56 AM
Thanks everyone for the help. I've done all this on the Bird but just wanted to make sure I do it right on the Marauder. Cruztaker, if you want to send me the Faq my address is gagfish@gagfish.com. I know how to do it but didn't want to rip the car apart looking for the EEC first. What we do on the bird is when changing chips or EECs I pull the EEC fuse under the hood first. Wouldn't that be recommended for the Marauder too? Anyone know which fuse it is? Does the Marauder have an octane pin like the bird where you can pull it out to retard the timing if needed? This is a cool way you can add a switch and program to give you two custom timing settings with the flip of a switch. My bird dyno'd 5 more RWHP with this mod. Thanks again everyone for the help.

CRUZTAKER
06-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Files are on the way.:up:

I forgot to hit enter....:shake: NOW they are on the way....:) 13:37 EST

RF Overlord
06-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Does the Marauder have an octane pin like the bird where you can pull it out to retard the timing if needed?

No, it doesn't...