PDA

View Full Version : Reinhart's Exhaust kit

89lxbill
06-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Just want to give kudos to Dennis on his kit. Took KB#18 to the dyno today and gained an impressive 28hp to the rear tires. I do not like to post actual hp readings as every dyno is different. This same car dynoed at 440rwhp on Dyno Tuned Performance's dyno in pre exhaust condition, on Abacus's dyno it scored 398hp pre exhaust condition. It returned today from Abacus with 426rwhp. So needless to say, on a blower car, it is worth a good 25-30rwhp.
Who's hp do you go with? Neither and both, just remember to compare your hp readings from the same shop. Again, great work on the exhaust :)

03SILVERSTREAK
06-14-2004, 02:21 PM
Just want to give kudos to Dennis on his kit. Took KB#18 to the dyno today and gained an impressive 28hp to the rear tires. I do not like to post actual hp readings as every dyno is different. This same car dynoed at 440rwhp on Dyno Tuned Performance's dyno in pre exhaust condition, on Abacus's dyno it scored 398hp pre exhaust condition. It returned today from Abacus with 426rwhp. So needless to say, on a blower car, it is worth a good 25-30rwhp.
Who's hp do you go with? Neither and both, just remember to compare your hp readings from the same shop. Again, great work on the exhaust :) :banana: :cool: :burnout: :rasta: :up:

Marauder57
06-15-2004, 02:00 PM
:banana: :cool: :burnout: :rasta: :up:

Man thems good numbers..... :up:

tmac1337
06-15-2004, 06:28 PM
You'll gonna like it, I'm very happy with mine.

merc
06-15-2004, 06:34 PM
I can attest to improvements due to the Reinhart's Exhaust kit. I improved 19hp on a N/A Marauder with similar mods that Marauder57 has in his sig.
:D

cutt
06-15-2004, 09:19 PM
what does the kit consist of.i'm interested in just removing my cats.(off road kit).will that kind of effect will that have on the computer?

TAF
06-15-2004, 09:26 PM
what does the kit consist of.i'm interested in just removing my cats.(off road kit).will that kind of effect will that have on the computer?Nothing...and unless your car is only off-road....it's illegal, and I wouldn't recommend posting it in a public forum.

There are 3 choices for exhaust changes in a "package".
Dennis' Cobra manifolds (replacement manifolds, hi-flo cats & x-pipe) still needs mods to the mufflers
Kooks Headers (complete kit through mufflers into the tailpipes, including X-pipe, hi=flo cats & 18" Magnaflow SS mufflers)
SVO Shorty Headers (available several places online since vendors here no longer sell them) then you'd need to have x-pipe and hi-flo cats fabbed or use other "off the shelf" versions

All three, have shown almost exacting gains on N/A cars.

duhtroll
06-15-2004, 09:53 PM
I am starting my DR install tomorrow AM, and hopefully finishing at a muffler shop that can mandrel bend the pipes on Friday. I will then run some times to see what ET gains there are from the DR kit. I will dyno it as soon as is possible to see what RWHP gains there are.

I get to drive on completely open manifolds for a day. Time to pay back all of my neighbors who run Harleys down the street at 2 AM, play BB outside my window at 11PM with a baby trying to sleep, etc. It's Van's early morning burnout brigade for two straight mornings.

My excuse is the cool moist morning air is best for, um, tuning or something.

Like *they* know.

The DR exhaust is supposed to be much easier to install, and I believe it is a bit less expensive. I will find this install part out firsthand tomorrow, because the guy working on the install with me installed the Kook's on his MM. We will have a pretty unbiased review when we are finished as to stronger points of each, if any.

Thanks,
-A

Haggis
06-16-2004, 03:48 AM
Good luck Andrew and I know you will enjoy your new exhaust like I enjoy mine. Are you getting the 18" Magnaflows?

duhtroll
06-16-2004, 04:54 AM
Yep - they're in the trunk. :D

-A

Haggis
06-16-2004, 05:03 AM
Yep - they're in the trunk. :D

-A

Curiosity, how much did they cost you? I was able to get mine for $89 a piece.

FiveO
06-16-2004, 05:21 AM

Where? Online or a muffler shop?

And would you happen to have the Magnaflow part number?

Thanks for the help.

Haggis
06-16-2004, 06:02 AM
Where? Online or a muffler shop?

And would you happen to have the Magnaflow part number?

Thanks for the help.

Small town family shop in Maryland. Part #14356.

MICA Racing
06-16-2004, 08:33 AM
what does the kit consist of.i'm interested in just removing my cats.(off road kit).will that kind of effect will that have on the computer?
For what it's worth, I did a lot of testing on a single dyno a few years back on a 97 Mustang GT 5-speed, and tested the stock exhaust, stock exhaust with no cats, cat back system with and without cats, and a full system with and without cats. The stock system without cats gained maybe 5 hp or something, but once the exhaust was modified there was no repeatable gain running without the cats. For me, I would say it's not worth the potential huge fine to gain maybe 1 hp if that.

Also for what it's worth, I think cats are worthless on properly tuned and maintained cars (every car I've ever emissions tested without cats has passed with flying colors) but the law is the law, and it's not worth the fine, especially since there doesn't seem to be a performance gain.

sailsmen
06-16-2004, 09:28 AM
Try cutouts, some say hte electirc ones don't last long. A member has them, not sure who.

TAF
06-16-2004, 09:30 AM
The reason to have "off-road pipes' without CATs is specifically to use at the track, with Race Fuel without having to worry about harming the CATs. It's been proven that Race Fuel WILL eventually harm your cats, according to the info I've gathered.

FiveO
06-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Small town family shop in Maryland. Part #14356.

Thanks Haggis!

Appreciate it.

89lxbill
06-18-2004, 07:15 AM
Whoops, Made a mistake. Found the original dyno sheet. The before dyno was actually 389hp and 352trq and the after was 426hp and 376trq. So that is a 37hp gain and 24ftlb gain. To be fair, the chip was slightly retuned also, so a small portion of that gain may have come from the reflash.

89lxbill
06-28-2004, 05:48 PM
Just for a little real world results, KB Marauder 18 went a 12.38@112 in 82* and high humidity after the exhaust upgrade. It had been a best of 12.39@112 in 50* low humidity weather. I expect in cool air, the car should run 12.1's or better. These results came from the Fun Ford Weekend at Virginia Motorsports Park this past weekend.

MarauderMark
06-28-2004, 06:07 PM

$75.00 here @ an exhaust shop in rising sun md..What a great sound!!!! :rock:

HwyCruiser
06-28-2004, 06:39 PM
Can someone please post some pics of the Magnaflow installation from Dennis's cobra exhaust flanges back?

Specifically, does the Magnaflow's fall right into place with a straight 2-1/2" extension from the x-pipe flange and then hook right up to the tailpipes? How were the extensions bolted to the x-pipe flange?

Sorry, but I've had a couple muffler shops put her up on the lift and scratch thier butts trying to picture it. No warm and fuzzies here.

- JD

duhtroll
06-28-2004, 07:32 PM
I got mine for $140 to my door. Performance-curve.com I think it was. Nice guy on the phone.

Here's the pic I have that goes to the mufflers. PM me if you need more than this.

Thanks,
-A

duhtroll
06-28-2004, 08:02 PM
I finally have my DR exhaust installed, and I must say I am very happy with the sound. I draw much more attention at the lights now! I have not had a chance to time it yet to see any ET gains, and there is no dyno in town. I will get the QC for a dyno as soon as I can - later this summer.

TooManyFords was awesome in installing the manifolds for me. We almost made it without unhooking the AC pump, but alas it was not to be. We did have some bending to do on the EGR tube to get it to line up properly, but I am guessing this might be just my fitting since no one else has mentioned it.

Since we did not have the proper pipe bending equipment, I was off to an exhaust shop to finish the job. It was just a simple bolt-on procedure and all they had to do was fit me with the two extensions and some 2.5" steel tailpipes. Couple hours at most, right?

Well, when I showed up after the install, I was amazed at how crappy a job this guy did. The tailpipes looked worse than I think I could have done with a sledge and a vise. I don't want to relive it all again, so let's just say it was a nightmare. I paid him for the steel he ruined and nothing else. I only did that because he had to order it for me (THAT should have set alarm bells off in my head, but the guy was recommended to me . . .).

So off to exhaust shop #2 I go. He proceeds to retch at the poor job of shop #1 and tells me it will be several hours to fix it. :mad:

There was a leak near the manifold that was caused by the x-pipe not fitting properly. Therefore it would not bolt tightly to the manifold. If you look at the attached pic right after the cats he had to insert new pipe and bend it some on the driver's side to make it fit. I called Dennis about the problem, and he told us how to fix it, and he even paid for the time needed to do the spacing, so I have no complaints about that. I don't recall anyone else having this problem with the install, either. It was minor and taken care of very quickly.

Once this guy got done with it you see it is MUCH nicer to look at, and since it is all steel the only thing I would ever need to worry about are the welds. I have Magnaflows on and they sound GREAT - part #14356.

I did have some play in my steering after we rebolted the linkage, but we found out this had nothing to do with anything we did - it simply would not tighten properly and a new part will be installed tomorrow AM.

So though it was hassle for me it was due to the incompetence of the installer, and I am very happy with the finished product. I can't wait to get to the track and smoke some ricers this weekend.

Thanks,
-A

buckyboy
06-28-2004, 08:21 PM
Hello..l

Can anyone tell me the best exhaust for someone who wants the deep throaty sound of the cobras out there, but doesnt want the "obnoxious" loudness? thanks..steve

duhtroll
06-28-2004, 08:27 PM
If sound is all you're after, you don't need a full exhaust. Get some tips and/or some mufflers and the sound will be taken care of.

If performance is what you're after, then you need either this Reinhart exhaust kit or the Kook's headers and x-pipe. They both show similar gains and are similarly priced. Search around for details.

Thanks,
-A

buckyboy
06-28-2004, 08:41 PM
are the sounds between the full system and just the mufflers the same?
If sound is all you're after, you don't need a full exhaust. Get some tips and/or some mufflers and the sound will be taken care of.

If performance is what you're after, then you need either this Reinhart exhaust kit or the Kook's headers and x-pipe. They both show similar gains and are similarly priced. Search around for details.

Thanks,
-A

MM03MOK
06-28-2004, 08:54 PM
are the sounds between the full system and just the mufflers the same?Best thing to do is come to a local meet and hear for yourself. Please put your location in your Profile so those nearby can be of help.

HwyCruiser
07-01-2004, 04:41 PM
I got mine for $140 to my door. Performance-curve.com I think it was. Nice guy on the phone...

Thanks,
-A

Thanks for the link... after searching on my own for awhile, I finally just called these guys. Competative with the other sites I found and free shipping... but not as good of a price on the SS as ^^^ got.

I went with the aluminized steel pn:11256, the same configuration as the 14356 less stainless. Three reasons: 1) I'm cheap, 2) Finding someone that can work SS pipe around here is next to impossible so the extensions will be aluminized steel anyway, and 3) who the heck's going to notice?

Hope to have them early next week for install. I'll try to get another dyno to see what, if anything, they do for me.

- JD

03SILVERSTREAK
09-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the link... after searching on my own for awhile, I finally just called these guys. Competative with the other sites I found and free shipping... but not as good of a price on the SS as ^^^ got.

I went with the aluminized steel pn:11256, the same configuration as the 14356 less stainless. Three reasons: 1) I'm cheap, 2) Finding someone that can work SS pipe around here is next to impossible so the extensions will be aluminized steel anyway, and 3) who the heck's going to notice?

Hope to have them early next week for install. I'll try to get another dyno to see what, if anything, they do for me.

- JDI went and had the kit installed and quite frankly it looks and sounds good. right away I noticed a diffrence in acceleration and RPM climbed much quicker and the sound at WOT is great. will post pics in the mod gallery.

Haggis
09-15-2004, 03:27 AM
Looking good Silverstreak!! :rock:

What kind of mufflers did you use?

buckyboy
09-15-2004, 05:29 AM
he has it in the list of mods...he is using magnaflows...
Looking good Silverstreak!! :rock:

What kind of mufflers did you use?

Haggis
09-15-2004, 09:30 AM
he has it in the list of mods...he is using magnaflows...

Yep I see where it is now, thanks. I didn't reconigze them since my Magnaflows are polished and his look dark.

03SILVERSTREAK
09-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Yep I see where it is now, thanks. I didn't reconigze them since my Magnaflows are polished and his look dark.
I ordered the Part # 14356 which is the 4X9X18" Body, 2-1/2" C/O Stainless Steel. Wound up with the Part # 11256 Aluminized ones. :shake: all well at least the dimensions were right...

Haggis
09-16-2004, 08:52 AM
I ordered the Part # 14356 which is the 4X9X18" Body, 2-1/2" C/O Stainless Steel. Wound up with the Part # 11256 Aluminized ones. :shake: all well at least the dimensions were right...

The Marauder gremlins must have switched the boxes before shipping. :banghead: