PDA

View Full Version : It started: scam call

jerrym3
02-24-2019, 10:27 AM
First time I've ever received a scam call in the middle of the night, 12:45 AM to be exact.

A name and the originating phone number (my area code and exchange along with 0000) was on the display.

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

the fat bastid
02-24-2019, 12:33 PM
I read something saying that this year half of all calls will be scams and garbage.
I turned off the ringer on my land line. At night I have to put my cell on silent so I don't get woken up by bullcrap at 7am. I never answer an unknown number now. When they go to voicemail it is always either 3 seconds of silence or the middle of a recording trying to sell me a knee brace( lol?)

Joe Walsh
02-24-2019, 01:09 PM
Yep.....we unplugged our landline years ago.
Nothing but scammers and telemarketers....even when we were on the 'Dont Call' list.
Why even have a landline.....?
Because it is cheaper keeping the landline in the Verizon (rip off!) bundle package then not having it. :mad2:

RF Overlord
02-24-2019, 02:11 PM
I never give out my landline number and it's been enough years that I can guarantee every call is a robocaller or a Microsoft "technician" telling me my computer is AFU.

justbob
02-24-2019, 03:12 PM
I never give out my landline number and it's been enough years that I can guarantee every call is a robocaller or a Microsoft "technician" telling me my computer is AFU.

That’s because I keep giving them your number Bob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

guspech750
02-24-2019, 04:07 PM
Got rid of our land line years ago.
Always keep my cell phone on mute.
Always give out our old land line or work main phone number when I have to give a phone number.
Never give out our email.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

jerrym3
02-24-2019, 05:35 PM
Unfortunately, I have a close friend who insists on forwarding crap, mostly political, to me and a host of others.

When they forward to others, and they forward to others, and they forward to others, the chain is endless.