PDA

View Full Version : Home safe from Carlilse 2019

Mr. Man
06-02-2019, 10:00 AM
Got home about 2 hours ago, 1:45 mins door to door. Traffic was light and I stayed ahead of the rain.

Great seeing everyone who came and met a couple of Carlisle newbies. Missed Wee Jim, but I know he was there 'cause I ate one of his pretzels. Hi Jim :wave:

I personally thought the new parking area was acceptable. Relatively flat and a short hop to the restrooms was a big bonus. I actually took some time to go look at all the Lincolns and Mercury cars parked in our general vicinity.

I want to thank MarauderJim for taking control of the dinner scheduling from Ms.D and for his effort to make up the dash plaques and club awards. :banana:

Missed a few regulars this year who didn't make it. You know who you are. :poke: Hope all is well with them.

TTFN :)

Seneca
06-02-2019, 10:25 AM
Got home about 2 hours ago, 1:45 mins door to door. Traffic was light and I stayed ahead of the rain.

Great seeing everyone who came and met a couple of Carlisle newbies. Missed Wee Jim, but I know he was there 'cause I ate one of his pretzels. Hi Jim :wave:

I personally thought the new parking area was acceptable. Relatively flat and a short hop to the restrooms was a big bonus. I actually took some time to go look at all the Lincolns and Mercury cars parked in our general vicinity.

I want to thank MarauderJim for taking control of the dinner scheduling from Ms.D and for his effort to make up the dash plaques and club awards. :banana:

Missed a few regulars this year who didn't make it. You know who you are. :poke: Hope all is well with them.

TTFN :) I was there briefly Saturday, it was nice seeing everyone, sorry I missed you Mr man, next year!
Also thanks to the group for the refreshments for the kids, they really appreciated it

HammerDown
06-02-2019, 10:35 AM
We got home at 11:30. Also beat the rain that is looking like coming in soon here in Baltimore.

Enjoyed the weekend and a rare "Ford" weekend with no rain for the daytime activities on the showfield.

Hope the "newcomers" enjoyed as well, and will return next year !!!

Connie & Jack

Mr. Man
06-02-2019, 10:46 AM
I was there briefly Saturday, it was nice seeing everyone, sorry I missed you Mr. man, next year!
Also thanks to the group for the refreshments for the kids, they really appreciated itSorry I missed you as well. Been to long. Did you bring the "twins"? Was looking forward to seeing your accomplishment.

Oh well; see you next year if not sooner. :)

MarauderJim
06-02-2019, 01:58 PM
Glad to see you had a safe trip. It was great to spend time with the group!

YIMMA
06-02-2019, 05:35 PM
We arrived home in Berryville, VA at 6:15. We convoyed down with Ladyhawke and Haggis but made a short detour west of Gettysburg to a winery (Halbrendt Winery) to have a tasting and picnic. It was great seeing everyone and we had a grand time too meeting the newbies. Thanks to Marauder Jim for keeping us on schedule with the dinners. We really missed you Ms. Denmark! Already miss everyone and ready for next year!
Ciao for now, Tim & Joan

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

vkirkend
06-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Got home about 1:30 pm. Think I’ll be sleeping with my plaques. ��

Blown3.8
06-03-2019, 10:20 AM
Sherm and I made it home.

I had a blowout on the left rear inside tire of the RV. Glad I was able to get to the truck scales to change that out. Just beat the rain getting that done too. Guess I wasn't over 24,001 lbs cause no one yelled at me when I crossed the scale.:cool:

Seneca
06-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Sorry I missed you as well. Been to long. Did you bring the "twins"? Was looking forward to seeing your accomplishment.

Oh well; see you next year if not sooner. :)
I had the silver car, but didn't bring it on the show field. I only had a few hours to browse and it flew by!

BUCKWHEAT
06-07-2019, 07:35 PM
Todd & i made it home to St Louis at 6pm central. Beautiful run thru the mountains going south thru MD & WVa then Louisville. Engine pulled all the hills on cruise control with no downshifts. It did pull into boost to do it. thanks to MarauderJim and all who handled the details. Nice meeting ya'all and seeing your really good cars!