PDA

View Full Version : Doug DeMuro reviews a 2005 Lincoln Town Car

the fat bastid
06-04-2019, 12:55 PM
Nice to see an even handed review of a panther.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vNUXUA526s

I had no idea the trunk lid did that. Anyone ever try to jam the motors and gizmos into our trunk lid?

Gerry24
06-05-2019, 09:30 AM
I felt that he was knocking it...

BAD MERC
06-05-2019, 06:15 PM
I have a clean 2004 and a few features were ignored but I think his review was accurate and quite spot on.

1Marauder
06-05-2019, 07:08 PM
I do think it was rated artificially low as sport and handeling were metrics, but comfort,safety, ease of entry/egress were not.

stevengerard
06-05-2019, 09:04 PM
I have a 2000 and will say his description of the ride is right on, my car is nothing special in as of looks, performance or options but it is by far the most comfortable riding car I have ever owned.

offroadkarter
06-05-2019, 09:59 PM
I actually spoke with Doug a few years back (before he moved to Cali and early in his autotrader career) and he was really interested in driving one of the Marauders. I told him at the time I could set him up with 3 to drive and make comparisons (mostly stock, eaton/6spd, trilogy/auto) but my trans swap was no where near refined and a plan never came together.

If anyone out on the west coast has a stock or mostly stock Marauder in good clean shape, I bet he'd still make it a point to review one. He sought me out on reddit when he saw I owned 2 marauders and a grey market import 745i.

I do think it was rated artificially low as sport and handeling were metrics, but comfort,safety, ease of entry/egress were not.

He rates every car by the exact same metrics. He's not going to do ease of entry/egress on cars like a jalpa or previa.

Nobody looks to Doug for car buying advice, they look to see him point out weird **** in new or old cars. Pretty much the whole reason his channel exists.

jlangmaid
06-06-2019, 04:02 PM
Pretty fair review. Makes me miss my wife's Cartier Presidential L. Comfortable and reliable, plus came with upgraded tranny and deeper rear end than typical towncar. Helped with the acceleration he mentioned. When we listed it for sale were overwhelmed by livery companies wanting to buy it-just like Doug mentioned.