PDA

View Full Version : Meziere electric water pumps Group buy

Dennis Reinhart
06-19-2004, 09:12 AM
Ok the numbers are in I will offer these as a group buy to the club for 310.00 Free shipping, included in this will be a external Green LED and if you have UDP I will include a new belt the optional wiring and relay hit will be 30.00 more, I need to sell 20 units to get a buy in with Meziere.
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1087487684-mezwp.jpg

http://www.marauder57.com/Reinhart%20SC%20Banner%201.gif

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1086974310-MVC-438S.JPG

MI2QWK4U
06-19-2004, 10:07 AM
Dennis, how big of a job is swapping out the water pump?

BruteForce
06-19-2004, 12:52 PM
Count me in for the full meal deal (wiring kit & I have UD pulleys).

glassman99
06-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Count me in for the whole enchilada. :up:

stevengerard
06-19-2004, 02:39 PM
might as well add me too, send me what I need, you'll know better than I would.

Dennis Reinhart
06-19-2004, 03:18 PM
It took me less than 1 hour to install the pump and wire it up. Now if you add the LED it will take a littile longer you will have to run the single wire in the car, and then pull the Guage cluster and add the LED there as shown in the picture.

darebren
06-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Brute... I like the pulldown mod list... I will try to figure that one out too...

Donny Carlson
06-19-2004, 04:06 PM
That's a great price with the included belt, LED and free shipping. I'll be calling you on Monday, and I'll need a wiring kit.

Zack
06-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Yes, Ill take one.
Mac will too.

FordNut
06-19-2004, 07:55 PM
That's a great price with the included belt, LED and free shipping. I'll be calling you on Monday, and I'll need a wiring kit.
I'll second that! Beats the best deal I could find. Be sure to specify polished or anodized pulley.

MARAUDERCHICK
06-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Definately beats the price I paid......I guess the "proto-type" has to pay the big bucks!

Oh well.....atleast I started a good thing here~!!!

Donny Carlson
06-19-2004, 08:11 PM
I like the LED idea, and it looks good in the picture. I may have mine installed up on the pillar pod so it's more in line of sight. Excuse me if I missed this in another thread, but is the LED like a continuity light, meaning if it's on, the pump is getting power and working, or is the LED a warning light, like the pump has failed or is not getting power?

Discussing gauge recommendations with Jason (the electronics expert at Team Ford), I am installing a Nordskog digital water temp gauge for the third gauge. Jason tells me the temp gauge in the dash read lower than actual temp because of the location of the OEM sending unit, and the fact it isn't designed to be a precision instrument. The digital gauge will allow me to monitor coolant temp more precisely, the LED a great warning that something's amiss with the water pump. I'm keeping the OEM sender and dash gauge intact, mostly because a dead gauge would look terrible.

merc
06-20-2004, 11:18 AM
I am in for the full setup (wiring kit & I have UD pulleys).

Now how many are already signed up ?

Oh thanks Kathy for starting a good thing :o

HookedOnCV
06-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Since you are essentially shifting the load from a mechanical one (driven off the belt/engine) to an electrical one (off the alternator), what is the amp draw at 12vdc? What should the power feeding the pump be fused at?

I think that the alternator is capable of sustaining an 85 amp load at idle (w/o underdrives), but with those running an additional electric water pump for an intercooler (as an example), or a high output audio amp, is this additional electrical load going to put you over the edge?

There is definitely HP freed up by not having to drive the mechanical water pump, and better coolant flow through the heads because of a higher static pressure (30 PSI?) and flow rate (up to 55 GPM), but what other considerations are there with this pump? Would a balenced design or higher flowing thermostat be in order as well?

What about being able to run at a lower temperature (say 160*F) with a different t-stat and adding more spark to the tune for some added power as well? I have "heard" that running the engine at a lower temp like this will cause additional engine wear, but will help prevent detonation. Anybody with any knowledge or experience on this subject?

Comments are welcomed!

Todd

Dennis Reinhart
06-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Since you are essentially shifting the load from a mechanical one (driven off the belt/engine) to an electrical one (off the alternator), what is the amp draw at 12vdc? What should the power feeding the pump be fused at?

I went right to the fuse box, max draw is 9/11 amp's

I think that the alternator is capable of sustaining an 85 amp load at idle (w/o underdrives), but with those running an additional electric water pump for an intercooler (as an example), or a high output audio amp, is this additional electrical load going to put you over the edge?

The only time there is a issue with the alternator is at idle, I raise the idle 200 RPM to compensate for this, with my tuning for cars with UDP, with only a 9 amp draw this will not load down the cars charging system.

There is definitely HP freed up by not having to drive the mechanical water pump, and better coolant flow through the heads because of a higher static pressure (30 PSI?) and flow rate (up to 55 GPM), but what other considerations are there with this pump? Would a balenced design or higher flowing thermostat be in order as well?

The Marauder has a good radiator one othe advantages to this pump for those members that have done the rear engine cooling Mod this will be a big help there.

What about being able to run at a lower temperature (say 160*F) with a different t-stat and adding more spark to the tune for some added power as well? I have "heard" that running the engine at a lower temp like this will cause additional engine wear, but will help prevent detonation. Anybody with any knowledge or experience on this subject?

Comments are welcomed!

Todd

A 180 thermostat is just fine I set the cooling fans to now come on at 180 and with the SCT software we runs as much timing as we can and we are constantly updating our files

Logan
06-21-2004, 03:35 PM
Dennis, sign me up. Polished pulley pls.

Dennis Reinhart
06-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Dennis, sign me up. Polished pulley pls.

I am waiting to see your gains I am going to put one on Kieths car its making so much power now I have no idea what to to do but pull timing if it climbs up to the 460 RWHP again

darebren
06-21-2004, 04:41 PM
how exactly does one patch into a fuse box? is there a special fuse that has a wire lead off of it that you plug into an open circuit?

Dennis Reinhart
06-21-2004, 04:50 PM
On the 03 there are extra fuse slots not used and some relay slots, what you do is take a 12 Volt test light find a terminal that has 12 Volts only with key on in the run position, :D and your there.

darebren
06-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Dennis, I am PM'ing you as well for the whole kit. Thanks.

Donny Carlson
06-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Talked to Dennis this afternoon and gave him payment information.:beatnik:

Dennis Reinhart
06-22-2004, 08:09 AM
I feel we have enough people that want this so please call me so we can process the orders and get this started.

darebren
06-22-2004, 08:24 AM
Dennis, please ignore my Private Message order with credit card info, as i spoke to you and Mike on the phone and I ordered what I needed... 3000rpm converter, cooling mod and tranny rebuild kit #1.... I held off on the water pump, and got everything needed when tranny is being dropped anyway.. more birds less stones kind of thing..

BruteForce
06-22-2004, 08:37 AM
Water pump order placed along with head cooling mod parts. :up:

Called back and added the high-flow fuel filter as well. :banana:

MarauderMark
06-22-2004, 09:11 AM
I feel we have enough people that want this so please call me so we can process the orders and get this started.

Allready did !!Thanks Again Dennis...Only one Question Can you come MD to install it?? :lol:

Ross
06-22-2004, 11:54 AM
Good info about the amp draw, higher RPM set up, etc. My question:If I have UD pulleys already, so there is already a little lower RPM's, and I get this mod, will I also have to get a new chip, or a new reflash, or how will I get my RPM's up to compensate?

Dennis Reinhart
06-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Good info about the amp draw, higher RPM set up, etc. My question:If I have UD pulleys already, so there is already a little lower RPM's, and I get this mod, will I also have to get a new chip, or a new reflash, or how will I get my RPM's up to compensate?

If you have UDP now and there is no issue with the idle the pump will be fine

Dennis Reinhart
06-24-2004, 07:14 AM
The only way I can sell these at this price is if I buy in to Meziere, right now we have only FIVE confiirmed sales, so as soon as I can get more confirmed sales I will place the order, again this is a good deal and it has, been proven to give a good RWHP gain.

FiveO
06-24-2004, 04:37 PM
I'll probably be in next week...just give my credit card a week to recover :D

Marauderman
06-24-2004, 05:00 PM
The only way I can sell these at this price is if I buy in to Meziere, right now we have only FIVE confiirmed sales, so as soon as I can get more confirmed sales I will place the order, again this is a good deal and it has, been proven to give a good RWHP gain.
For those of us S/C'd ..and you did make a little reference about us that are earlier, it would help us a little ---I would like a repeat of your explanation on how this will benefit us ..I'm on the fence about the whole thing--like switches for it use, whether engine is running and then when not stuff...just feel like I don't have enough info yet... so if you can find someway to address us folks--we already know it will help the N/A cars...I'd appreciate it.......just to what degree is it beneficial --plain and simple....Thanks .......Tom

DirtyDog
06-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Ordered mine with the wiring, belt, and polished.

glassman99
06-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Ordered mine on Friday. :beer:

Dennis Reinhart
06-27-2004, 10:12 AM
For those of us S/C'd ..and you did make a little reference about us that are earlier, it would help us a little ---I would like a repeat of your explanation on how this will benefit us ..I'm on the fence about the whole thing--like switches for it use, whether engine is running and then when not stuff...just feel like I don't have enough info yet... so if you can find someway to address us folks--we already know it will help the N/A cars...I'd appreciate it.......just to what degree is it beneficial --plain and simple....Thanks .......Tom

I will test this on a SC car this week.

greenmachine
06-28-2004, 06:33 AM
dennis, what is the average life span of one of these street pumps? 50,000 miles?

how is Meziere warranty program with failures? if a bearing fails, is it covered? if the brushes fail, is it covered?

what is considered "normal" wear and a what is considered "abnormal" wear and warranty items?

thanks!

Dennis Reinhart
06-28-2004, 06:50 AM
All the info has been posted, it has a two year unlimited milage warranty, I have had one on my Mark 8 for over two years with no problems. Fell free to call Meziere ask for Jay

Marauderman
06-28-2004, 09:12 AM
Thanks Dennis---Appreciate your work........Tom

BruteForce
07-02-2004, 01:01 PM
What's the status of the group buy? Have they been ordered/shipped? Just asking 'cause I have a box full of other parts (high-flow fuel filter, head cooling mod, PHP spacer, etc) to go on but I'm waiting on the pump to them all installed at the same time.

Dennis Reinhart
07-02-2004, 02:06 PM
The pumps will start going ot Tuesday they will come direct from Meziere, the LED and wiring and belts will come from me, again I had to wait to get enough buys to get this thing rolling and I still fell short but I have invested some of my own money to make this happen for the Members here. :beer:

BruteForce
07-02-2004, 02:14 PM
The pumps will start going ot Tuesday they will come direct from Meziere, the LED and wiring and belts will come from me, again I had to wait to get enough buys to get this thing rolling and I still fell short but I have invested some of my own money to make this happen for the Members here. :beer:

You are the MAN! :bows: Thanks again Dennis!

Mongoose
07-02-2004, 06:25 PM
The pumps will start going ot Tuesday they will come direct from Meziere, the LED and wiring and belts will come from me, again I had to wait to get enough buys to get this thing rolling and I still fell short but I have invested some of my own money to make this happen for the Members here.

Thanks again Dennis!!!

glassman99
07-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Thanks Dennis. I am looking forward to receiving mine!!!

Dennis Reinhart
07-09-2004, 01:16 PM
All pumps have been shipped from Meziere, they should be here by Tuesday, I will ship them out the same day if I can, I had to wait till we recieved enough orders to buy these reasonably, so that is the reason for the delay, this was information I put out in the very begining so thank you for your patients, and your orders.

MarauderMark
07-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Thank you Again Dennis.You truely are an asset to our cars... :up:

Dennis Reinhart
07-14-2004, 09:18 AM
the pumps are here and being shipped out :bounce:

Cobra25
07-14-2004, 09:32 AM
I recieved mine today, Thank's Dennis !

Marauderman
07-14-2004, 11:15 AM