PDA

View Full Version : The Woodward Dream Cruise

fairlane347
06-22-2004, 10:43 AM
This is one of the top automobile events in the country. All the articles that have been writen about this years up and coming event should be one of the best yet. I have been going for 6 years and still can't wait for this one. Hope to meet the great members of this web site that will be there. I will be driving my (almost Marauder, Grand Marquis) :burnout: and plan to stop be the lot you all are parking at to say Hi :up: Keep the wheels turing! :lol:

Merc-O-matic
06-22-2004, 07:23 PM
When is it?

Gotta Love It! :depress:

bigslim
06-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Will be glad to have you stop by and say hello. If you were wondering, we still have a few spots available.

MikesMerc
06-22-2004, 07:52 PM
More info about the Motor City Marauder's hosting of the Woodward Dream Cruise can be found :

Here (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9707)

and Here! (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9918)

This is gonna be one helluva good time!

fairlane347
06-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Who ever is running the parking lot that weekend, is there parking close to that so I can stop buy? My Mercury is modified and maybe someone wants to see. :rock: I thought about the parking and like it, but the money is a little much for just parking. I am with a bunch of friends and we hang out together so there cars are other Fords and we do move around to see everything. (if that is actually possible) :lol: Can't Wait!! :banana:

darebren
06-23-2004, 10:53 AM
question... as a paid lot renter at Anette's, can you sleep in a tent there in the lot?? or in your car?? overnight? do we have the lot for 24 hours a day for the wekend from Friday afternoon to sunday afternoon? when are you guys getting there on friday or saturday.

coming from Cincinnati, I'm either sleeping in my car on the lot, or going to my dad's boat on Lake St. Clair.. I'm not getting a hotel room, and plan on drinking some grown up soda's :beer: so i'd prefer to just sleep in my car..

dwasson
06-23-2004, 11:28 AM
If he spends the night on the lot can Dave and Gino deputize him so that he can chase off interlopers?

MikesMerc
06-23-2004, 03:08 PM
Who ever is running the parking lot that weekend, is there parking close to that so I can stop buy? My Mercury is modified and maybe someone wants to see. :rock: I thought about the parking and like it, but the money is a little much for just parking. I am with a bunch of friends and we hang out together so there cars are other Fords and we do move around to see everything. (if that is actually possible) :lol: Can't Wait!! :banana:

I live only 3 blocks from the lot. I'll be providing some offsite parking, bathroom facilities, and a shady place to relax away from the crowds. Let me know closer to the event and I'll see what accomodations I can make:)

MikesMerc
06-23-2004, 03:19 PM
question... as a paid lot renter at Anette's, can you sleep in a tent there in the lot?? or in your car?? overnight? do we have the lot for 24 hours a day for the wekend from Friday afternoon to sunday afternoon? when are you guys getting there on friday or saturday.

Yes...we have the lot from noon friday until sunday evening....every single minute! Those who wish to stay on the lot are welcome too! We'll have a private porta john there too for those on the lot, as well as some food and beverage storage facitlities. Feel free to plan on camping out!!!!

I'll be there Thursday night to organize things, and back out friday early morning. Although the lot is not "officially" our until noon, Annette has said that some of us will be allowed access early. I am inviting all out of town attendees to come early on friday if they want.

To me, the Cruise starts several days before saturday. Every evening the crowd builds up more and more. Thursday night is a total blast. Friday is an official Cruise day in my book so I'll be there all day. Saturday I'll be there from dawn to dusk.

BTW, since it was brought up, anyone who can leave there cars (the Marauders or other cars) there for Thurdays and/or Friday night, please speak up now. Remember, at the front of Annette's is about 6 "public" parkign spots that needed to be "squatted" by our group. These spots will be gauranteed to be open through Thursday evening. After that it is up to us to squat on those spaces. Annette will secure those spots for us until Thursday. We'll need to have 6 to 8 cars ready Thursday night to roll in there and stake our ground so others won't sneak in during the night. I'll also be pitching a couple of tents on the available grass area and roping it off to keep others off that too.

If you can come early, or otherwise can help with this issue, please let me know. I need the help!

stevengerard
06-30-2004, 10:19 AM
OK, I am planning on coming, and would like to be there on Thursday and Friday. So do you need a spot Squatted still. What can i do to get there and to help out. This has been a dream for me to come there and now that I have an MM OI can get there in comfort and not worry about the 442 making it, though I'm sure it would.

MikesMerc
06-30-2004, 05:31 PM
You don't have to squat a spot if you cannot make it by Thurs evening. I'm hoping to get enough local help. But, if you do arrive by thursday evening thats great too as it would only help things. Once we have the handful of spots blocked off, we can take all other cars out of the lot to where ever. Some will leave them, Some will take them home.

We'll have all the details worked out in the next few weeks. The lot will be mapped out for parking, viewing, resting, eating, etc.

If you are interested in getting a spot, sign up soon. We are down to only a handful of spots left.