PDA

View Full Version : Kook's headers on the way!

MikesMerc
06-27-2004, 06:54 AM
After doing a bunch of homework (which includes reading about member's results), I've concluded the Kooks headers are the best for the job. Between the success many of you have had, Lidio's glowing endorsement of thier fit and finish as well as thier performance, and comparsions to the very few custom alternatives out there, it was not too hard of a decision.

The Kooks headers will be at the heart of the system but I will be going with a full custom job from the headers back. This will include 2 high flow cats, Flowmaster SUV mufflers, and a full 2 1/2 all the way out. It should be fairly quiet as well as free flowing. I only want the system a tiny bit louder than OEM which I think we will get with the peices Lidio and I have chosen.

I'll post results after it all goes on in 2 weeks. I'll also have some before and after dyno and track times for those interested.

Petrograde
06-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Congrats Mike! :up:

I'd love to get the Kook's set up. I haven't heard any negative comments about them!

I'm hoping to win the Kook's system from the MV2 raffle!

2003 MIB
06-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Good Choice Mike!-
I'm very happy with mine. I've got the 18" Magnaflows so it's a bit louder than stock but suits me. I like hearing about people who use different combos- that's what this is all about.

FiveO
06-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Ordered mine last Monday.

Should be nice...as I'm looking forward to a more aggressive sound.

Big Joe P
06-27-2004, 11:24 AM
I ordered mine on June 7th........ still waiting.....

FiveO
06-27-2004, 03:29 PM
I ordered mine on June 7th........ still waiting.....

Nick told me at least 3 weeks.

Petrograde
06-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Nick told me at least 3 weeks.

Wow,.. I had no idea it would that long.

hmmm,... ya think Nick has a Lay-A-Way plan? :P

FiveO
06-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Wow,.. I had no idea it would that long.

hmmm,... ya think Nick has a Lay-A-Way plan? :P

Considering they aren't sitting on a shelf and that they're all custom made after ordering...I'm not too worried about the wait.

Hell...I waited two years for the car :D

Petrograde
06-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Considering they aren't sitting on a shelf and that they're all custom made after ordering...

Hmmm,... I didn't know that.

I really want this set-up. Maybe after I lighten up the burden on the good 'ol Visa. :P

CRUZTAKER
06-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Good choice....I'm not partial....:coolman:

BillyGman
06-27-2004, 09:49 PM
You guys who are waiting are gonna know that it was worth the wait once you get everything installed. IMO, it's the best way to go for the Marauder, and the complete Kooks exhaust package simply makes the car sound fanatastic. You'll be getting people driving up to you at a traffic light after you've hammered down on the gas pedal at the previous light, and say things like "Man what the heck do you have ubnder the hood of that thing? That sounds cool".......

I had people say that to me last year, this year on the way to the track, and just yesterday again near my house on the main road. It happens all the time. I even have some ricers tell me that my car sounds great. Now when some of them compliment you on how your car sounds, you know you've really done something. :)

But it won't only be them complimenting you. All types of car enthusiasts will be when they hear you wind it up a little. You'll see what I mean. ;)

FiveO
06-28-2004, 05:55 PM
To be honest I'm really looking forward to the Kooks setup. I am soooo disappointed with the stock exhaust. I'm used to my 1984 Mustang GT thats stock except for the glass packs :D and my 1999 Taurus SHO with a nice V8 rumble after some aftermarket mufflers and other exhaust work (not including headers).

I cannot wait to get this bad boy up and running to where it should be.

I get the looks because of my cars looks...I wanna get the looks due to the sound AND the looks!

Not too loud...but enough to let people know that theres something other than a SOHC 4.6 under the hood :)