PDA

View Full Version : Ride heighth

Redster
06-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Well I thought I might win the low rider class at Chuck's car show last night. Next to the other MM's mine was definitely lower. Steve suggested that I start the car and get in to see if it re-adjusted. It seemed rise up some. When I got home I looked at it again and it seemed much higher. Logan tells me that there is an adjustment on a sensor that can be made.
Anyway, I measured it today and the bottom of the fender flare is right at 28 inches. Anyone know what the specs are or have a comparison?

Rollin'Thunder
06-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Well I thought I might win the low rider class at Chuck's car show last night. Next to the other MM's mine was definitely lower. Steve suggested that I start the car and get in to see if it re-adjusted. It seemed rise up some. When I got home I looked at it again and it seemed much higher. Logan tells me that there is an adjustment on a sensor that can be made.
Anyway, I measured it today and the bottom of the fender flare is right at 28 inches. Anyone know what the specs are or have a comparison?

Rod, Mine has been sitting in the garage for about 3 hours and the top of the wheel well is at 28 3/4". I did hear the pump running when I got into it about 1 hour before I parked it in the garage. Don't know the specs though.

CRUZTAKER
06-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Wow, I actually have lowered the rear AND the front with Eibach springs and sit at 28". Lucky guy you are....didn't even spend $400.....:rolleyes:

Redster
06-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Rod, Mine has been sitting in the garage for about 3 hours and the top of the wheel well is at 28 3/4". I did hear the pump running when I got into it about 1 hour before I parked it in the garage. Don't know the specs though.

Thanks Bill. It sounds like I am about an inch short. That's happened before but that's another story.

cyclone03
06-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Wow, I actually have lowered the rear AND the front with Eibach springs and sit at 28". Lucky guy you are....didn't even spend $400.....:rolleyes:

Barry is the front at 28"?
I just cut 1 full coil out of my stock springs and I'm at 28".

martyo
06-28-2004, 02:24 AM
It sounds like I am about an inch short.

Todd's got significant experience with this. You may want to check with him.

2003 MIB
06-28-2004, 03:21 AM

It's funny you'd say that, Barry...I was there and really liked the stance on Rod's car. If it were me and there's no bad effects- I'd live it alone. his DTR looked...sinister :coolman: :coolman:

MERCMAN
06-28-2004, 06:13 AM

there hasw been discussion of this topic check
http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8993

it is about half-way through the thread :up: