PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to a new Capitol Area Member

Haggis
06-29-2004, 06:30 AM
We now have a new member in the area usgecko (Stuart) and his girfriend Nora are now living in Asburn, Va. Chris and I was lucky enough to finally meet Stuart and Nora this past Saturday, they drove to Frederick for a Cruise-In and we meet them there. We talked for a while and got to know one another, they are good people. I also was able to give Stuart a ride in K/B #8 and to say he was impressed I think would be an understatement. Let's just say he left thinking on how he could save up enough money to purchase a S/C kit.

Ok, back to the point of this Thread. We in the Capitol Area have been talking about having a meet this Summer, well? I would like to have one to welcome Stuart & Nora into the area and also to say farewell to Phil & Tasha since they want to move to Texas before the end of the Summer. I would also like to have the meet before Indy that leaves only two weekends open the 10 & 11 or the 17 & 18 of July or we can wait until after Indy, but then we are looking at August sometime.

Well how about it gang, it will give those going to Indy a chance to discuss plans of travel and those not going to possibly change their minds. We only have a couple of weeks to get this figured out for as many as possible to attend and to have Dash Plaques made.

Suggestions would be helpful on a place and date to meet.

Bluerauder
06-29-2004, 07:17 AM
We now have a new member in the area usgecko (Stuart) and his girfriend Nora are now living in Asburn, Va. Chris and I was lucky enough to finally meet Stuart and Nora this past Saturday, they drove to Frederick for a Cruise-In and we meet them there. We talked for a while and got to know one another, they are good people. I also was able to give Stuart a ride in K/B #8 and to say he was impressed I think would be an understatement. Let's just say he left thinking on how he could save up enough money to purchase a S/C kit.

Ok, back to the point of this Thread. We in the Capitol Area have been talking about having a meet this Summer, well? I would like to have one to welcome Stuart & Nora into the area and also to say farewell to Phil & Tasha since they want to move to Texas before the end of the Summer. I would also like to have the meet before Indy that leaves only two weekends open the 10 & 11 or the 17 & 18 of July or we can wait until after Indy, but then we are looking at August sometime.

Well how about it gang, it will give those going to Indy a chance to discuss plans of travel and those not going to possibly change their minds. We only have a couple of weeks to get this figured out for as many as possible to attend and to have Dash Plaques made.

Suggestions would be helpful on a place and date to meet.
Haggis,

I am up for this. I prefer 10 or 17 July; but could probably make the Sunday dates as well.

usgecko, welcome to the CAM.

MAD-3R
06-29-2004, 07:21 AM
17 July is out due to Tasha Racing (AGAIN!) at Mason Dixion.

BTW all Marauders are wilcome to attend. Just conntact the NVMC for details.

Other then that, a nice cook out at algonquian (sp?) park would be good.

Bluerauder
06-29-2004, 08:56 AM
Haggis,

I am up for this. I prefer 10 or 17 July; but could probably make the Sunday dates as well.

usgecko, welcome to the CAM.
Oops, my bad. I have a conflict with July 17th. Company annual picnic.

Murader03
06-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the new CAM member.......Enjoy!

Well, Dot will be in Denver from the 8th to the 18th. So, I'm up for either weekend but prefer the 10th or 11th, and will be alone. Saturday the 17th, I'll be on call, which has been easy money the past few months. That runs from 6AM to 2PM, so basically, I can make an afternoon meet that Saturday. The 18th is out as I'll be picking Dot up at the airport upon her return.

GordonB
07-01-2004, 06:44 AM
Haggis,
JOan and I are available for July 10 or 11, but not for July 17, 18. Otherwise, I can't do it until after Aug. 10th.
GordonB

merc
07-01-2004, 09:40 AM
July 17 is not a good date because I think Tasha will be running me down from the rear again at drag day :shot: . So any other date would be fine, but I need to check with the boss. :burnout:

Stephen Soulsby
07-01-2004, 07:37 PM
When somebody sets a date, I'll jump. Sundays are usually good. It sucks not having a 9-5 mon-fri job. Just set a date and I'll do my damndest to be there. The closer to Waldorf, the better chances I'll be able to show. However, I'll consider anything. It all just depends on my work schedule.

Haggis
07-02-2004, 05:41 AM
Ok everyone how does a afternoon/evening Meet in the Annapolis area on July 10th sound. Does anyone know of a good restraunt in the area that could accommodate a dozen cars or so. I will check out some websites this weekend to see what I can find.

mdmarauder
07-02-2004, 06:22 AM
Sorry Haggis to derail your thread. Last night I took delivery of a 2004 Silver Birch with Dark Char. interior. I missed the 2003 too much. I had to do it. Besides with all the rebates I couldn't resist. I do notice the additional power over my 2003 however, plus the trac. control and heated seats are nice. :rock:

Bluerauder
07-02-2004, 06:56 AM
Sorry Haggis to derail your thread. Last night I took delivery of a 2004 Silver Birch with Dark Char. interior. I missed the 2003 too much. I had to do it. Besides with all the rebates I couldn't resist. I do notice the additional power over my 2003 however, plus the trac. control and heated seats are nice. :rock:
Welcome mdmarauder, hope to see you at the CAM meet in the works for 10 July in/near Annapolis.

Haggis,
My experience with Annapolis downtown proper is that parking is a major problem. Finding space for one car is a chore -- for 12 is Mission Impossible. There is a parking garage in downtown. May have to do the "outskirts" of Annapolis to find a place with a lot and space for 12.

Either way, I'm in for a CAM meet.

Charlie/tstrat99

MAD-3R
07-02-2004, 07:25 AM

Welcome back!!

I was wondering where you had gone.

Name the place, and we will do our best to get there.

GordonB
07-02-2004, 08:05 AM
A big welcome to mdmarauder! from your fellow CAM brethern.
Regarding a restaurant in/near Annapolis, I would suggest Parole/RT 450 exit off of Route 50. There is a restaurant park right near Annapolis Mall -- Fuddrucker's, Red Lobster, and several other restaurants there. Plus, parking should NOT be a problem. If we were to meet for Early Dinner, say 4PM, then there will be NO parking problems. If we go to downtown Annapolis, then parking becomes a REAL problem regardless of the time of day -- mostly limited to going to a parking garage -- not my idea of fun. Food for thought!

GordonB :)

MAD-3R
07-02-2004, 08:07 AM
Hmmm....
A couple of burnouts in a parking garage... with all that smoke, someone might call the fire dept. :)

Haggis
07-02-2004, 08:46 AM

:banana2: :banana2: WhooHoo!!! :banana2: :banana2:

Welcome back Al, I knew you couldn't stay away.

There is a restraunt in Arnold, Md. called "Deep CreeK Restaurant & Marina" has anyone heard of it or eaten there before? Here is a link.

http://www.deepcreekrestaurantandmari na.com/

Bluerauder
07-02-2004, 09:52 AM
:banana2: :banana2: WhooHoo!!! :banana2: :banana2:

Welcome back Al, I knew you couldn't stay away.

There is a restraunt in Arnold, Md. called "Deep CreeK Restaurant & Marina" has anyone heard of it or eaten there before? Here is a link.

http://www.deepcreekrestaurantandmari na.com/
Haggis,
Here is an alternative that may be a bit more accessible:
Jasper's Restaurant in Crofton (http://www.jaspersrestaurants.com/Locations/index.cfm)
Just north of the US 50 and US 3/301 intersection in Crofton. Seems to do a great business.
Just another option to consider. Old timers in the area may remember the location as "Widow Brown's Corner".

Stephen Soulsby
07-02-2004, 02:25 PM
My suggestion, pick a place. Any place. Annapolis/Bowie area sounds good to me. It seems very centralized to me. How about somebody make a list, and those of us that are DEFINITLY going will vote. And to ensure that new ideas don't just keep popping out of peoples arses, let's have a deadline for suggestions. This will alow for a quick vote and plenty of time for planning. I suggest that Tuesday be voting day. Alright?

Ladyhawke
07-03-2004, 08:34 AM

Welcome back Al!!! Glad to see that you bought another MM. :banana:
Hope you can join us at the next meet.

Haggis
07-05-2004, 11:24 AM
I finally found a place after a few phone calls with plenty of parking and seating that will accommodate us on Saturday.

The July 10, Capitol Area Marauder meet will be at Big Bats in Stevensville, Md. on Kent Island at 4pm. Hope everyone that responded in this Thread will be able to make it, I will also send out PMs to remind everyone. Here is a link to Big Bats, see you all on Saturday.

http://www.bigbats.com/

Stephen Soulsby
07-05-2004, 11:37 AM
I finally found a place after a few phone calls with plenty of parking and seating that will accommodate us on Saturday.

The July 10, Capitol Area Marauder meet will be at Big Bats in Stevensville, Md. on Kent Island at 4pm. Hope everyone that responded in this Thread will be able to make it, I will also send out PMs to remind everyone. Here is a link to Big Bats, see you all on Saturday.

http://www.bigbats.com/

I'll be there :beer:

Bluerauder
07-05-2004, 12:11 PM
See you in Stevensville :up:

merc
07-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Count me in.

Joe Walsh
07-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Yes, I've been to Deep Creek Restaurant/Marina... It's a nice place right on
the water. On a dead end road off of College Pkwy. The rest of the area is
private homes and docks. Food was good when I was there @ 1 yr. ago.
Not a lot of parking though...

MAD-3R
07-06-2004, 06:13 AM
I will be there. Tasha may have to bow out due to a seamstress Commitment. Making Bridesmaids Dresses for a friends wedding, and meashuring is set for Saturday.

Bluerauder
07-06-2004, 09:02 AM
By my count, looks like we have 5 MMs confirmed for Big Bats so far:

Haggis with Ladyhawke
Mad-3R
Merc
Steven Soulsby
tstrat99

Did I miss anyone?

Haggis
07-06-2004, 09:30 AM
By my count, looks like we have 5 confirmed for Big Bats so far:

Haggis with Ladyhawke
Mad-3R
Merc
Steven Soulsby
tstrat99

Did I miss anyone?

Don't forget Mrs. Merc (Pam) will be there and what about your son and wife Charlie?

Also add:
GordonB & Joan
Brutus & Julie (maybe?)
Bigdogjim (maybe?)

I sent out 22 PMs to owners in the area and besides the ones listed above I have heard from a few others that not will not be able to make it. It would be nice if everyone could either respond here or send me a PM so I can call the restaurant back later in the week to give them a head count.

Murader03
07-06-2004, 02:12 PM
I'll be there, but Dot will be in Denver!

By my count, looks like we have 5 MMs confirmed for Big Bats so far:

Haggis with Ladyhawke
Mad-3R
Merc
Steven Soulsby
tstrat99

Did I miss anyone?

Stephen Soulsby
07-06-2004, 03:53 PM
For head count purposes, my wife Ligouri will be there as well as I.

Bluerauder
07-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Also for head count purposes, it'll be me and my son, George. So far, no committment from the wife.

Haggis
07-06-2004, 06:14 PM
I'll be there, but Dot will be in Denver!

Didn't mean to forget you Bob, just a long day at work. Already had you and your son covered Charlie. Thanks anyway. :up:

Also include:
Murader03 (Bob)

Anyone else out there planning on attending or thinking you might be able to make it on Saturday.

Haggis
07-07-2004, 07:04 AM
Don't forget Mrs. Merc (Pam) will be there and what about your son and wife Charlie?

Also add:
GordonB & Joan
Brutus & Julie (maybe?)
Bigdogjim (maybe?)

I sent out 22 PMs to owners in the area and besides the ones listed above I have heard from a few others that not will not be able to make it. It would be nice if everyone could either respond here or send me a PM so I can call the restaurant back later in the week to give them a head count.

Update:
Murader03
MarauderMark & Peg (Maybe?)

So far the head count is as follows:
Marauders 7 with 3 (?)
People 12 with 5 (?)

Haggis
07-11-2004, 11:33 AM
As the other Thread has to do with pics I decided to post here.

We had a great turn out for the 3rd Capitol Area Meet, 10 cars and 19 members and family. I really did not think everyone that had responded would make it, but they did. As always Big Dog was the life of the party with his stories, he even had the waiters listening with their mouths wide open.

While everyone was outside shooting the breeze I went back in to talk to the manager Scott and he told me that we are all welcome back any time, for the next meet or whenever. It was a great location and drive times ranged anywhere from one to two hours for everyone to get there.

I would like to thank everyone for showing up:

Bigdog (you never know when or where he will be next.)
tstrat and his son George
MarauderMark, MarauderPeg and son John
Merc & Mrs. Merc
Mad-3R & Mad-3R's wife
Stephen Soulsby & Ligourie (sp?)
Gordonb & Joan
Brutus & Julie (Congratulations on your Wedding, again.)
Murader03

Chris and I cruised around the island looking for places for a photo shoot for the next time, all the roads we traveled dead ended to Private Property. Thanks Merc for picking that spot. Hopefully everyone made it home safe and thanks also go out to GordonB and Charlie for showing me an easier way home.

To all those that were not able to make it, remember it is about the people. The car is just something that brings us together.

Stephen Soulsby
07-11-2004, 01:49 PM

We had a great turn out for the 3rd Capitol Area Meet, 10 cars and 19 members and family. I really did not think everyone that had responded would make it, but they did. As always Big Dog was the life of the party with his stories, he even had the waiters listening with their mouths wide open.

While everyone was outside shooting the breeze I went back in to talk to the manager Scott and he told me that we are all welcome back any time, for the next meet or whenever. It was a great location and drive times ranged anywhere from one to two hours for everyone to get there.

I would like to thank everyone for showing up:

Bigdog (you never know when or where he will be next.)
tstrat and his son George
MarauderMark, MarauderPeg and son John
Merc & Mrs. Merc
Mad-3R & Mad-3R's wife
Stephen Soulsby & Ligourie (sp?)
Gordonb & Joan
Brutus & Julie (Congratulations on your Wedding, again.)
Murader03

Chris and I cruised around the island looking for places for a photo shoot for the next time, all the roads we traveled dead ended to Private Property. Thanks Merc for picking that spot. Hopefully everyone made it home safe and thanks also go out to GordonB and Charlie for showing me an easier way home.

To all those that were not able to make it, remember it is about the people. The car is just something that brings us together.

Spelling was close. It's Ligouri. Thanks again for the invite. I'll be sure to make it to the next one.

Bluerauder
07-11-2004, 02:34 PM

"...snip..."
Haggis,
Thanks again for setting up the CAM meet. Perfect weather and excellent location. Shirt(s) fit great and the event plaque looks much nicer after I gave the engine compartment a quick once over, twice. :rolleyes:

George certainly enjoyed his "ride along" in the KB#8. He managed to get three short videos (complete with sound) from the back seat ... but it looks like he spent a good deal of time plastered to the leather. :D I think his exact words were "Wow, no comparison" (in reference to my N/A MM). Glad the alternate route home worked out well.

Had lots of fun meeting and talking to new and current CAM members. I look forward to the next get together. Say when !!!

:banana:

Joe Walsh
07-11-2004, 04:54 PM
Hi Folks..Sorry I could not make it to Saturday's CAM Meeting. I will definitely make it to the next one, I've got to pick up my CAM T-Shirt!
It looks like there was a bunch of MMs at the Big Bats Restaurant. I am currently 'out of action'.... I blew up my OIL PUMP GEARS running a LOWWWW 14* at Capitol Raceway a month ago.
I am pulling the entire engine for a Forged Stroker 5.0 Rebuild. I want to run low 13s on the motor. I am 'guesstimating' end of August for reinstall & dyno/chip session.
*At least I smoked the Vette I was running!!!

Ladyhawke
07-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Joe, it was nice talking with you the other night. Your t-shirt will be ready toward the end of this week. I will ship it to you or maybe we can do a mini meet somewhere. Sorry you missed Big Bats. Next time! :up:

Bigdogjim
07-11-2004, 08:42 PM

Best tag line I have read on this board yet!

It does not matter one bit in the end what you have or have not done the this car.

It's the people :up:

Great group of Marauder Owners here folks, if your ever in that area drop in and pull up a chair :beer:

Never miss the chance to get the car a drive to a meet! :banana2:

Thanks gang for a Great meet worth ever mile I drove! :bows: :up: :)

Haggis
07-12-2004, 05:26 AM
Best tag line I have read on this board yet!

It does not matter one bit in the end what you have or have not done the this car.

It's the people :up:

Great group of Marauder Owners here folks, if your ever in that area drop in and pull up a chair :beer:

Never miss the chance to get the car a drive to a meet! :banana2:

Thanks gang for a Great meet worth ever mile I drove! :bows: :up: :)

*cough* *cough* I stole the line from you BigDog. :up:

I am glad everyone had a good time this past Saturday, it was good to be with old friends and new. All credit/reputation for the dash plaques and t-shirts should go to Chris (Ladyhawke), without her we would never of had them.

MarauderMark
07-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Your all a bunch of great people!!! me and the misses had a great time as we allways do at these meets and we can't wait for the next one...God bless you all... :rock:

Brutus
07-12-2004, 04:29 PM
We also had a great time. Maybe next time we can start a little earlier. The time went by so fast and I was having so much fun. Nice to finally meet you BigDog. Julie cant wait to help you in the tower.

merc
07-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Stephen Soulsby I have pictures to upload to the group and some to send to you. Sorry it took so long to reply, but I have been very busy. Brutus, nice aviator, :D. Now I will have to change mine. Thanks Bob for giving me a baseline on how a N/A Marauder should run. MarauderMark, don't let me drive your car, because I may never want to drive a N/A again. Thanks to you all and let's do it again. :burnout:

merc
07-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Stephen Soulsby I have pictures to upload to the group and some to send to you. Sorry it took so long to reply, but I have been very busy. Brutus, nice avator, :D. Now I will have to change mine. Thanks Bob for giving me a baseline on how a N/A Marauder should run. MarauderMark, don't let me drive your car, because I may never want to drive a N/A again. Thanks to you all and let's do it again. :burnout:

TAF
07-12-2004, 09:00 PM
So nice you had to say it twice :D ;)

But DON'T get rid of Richard Roundtree...one of my "FAVS" :nono: :down:

merc
07-12-2004, 09:21 PM
So nice you had to say it twice :D ;)

But DON'T get rid of Richard Roundtree...one of my "FAVS" :
nono: :down:

I will take a poll to see which one people like.

GordonB
07-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Joan and I enjoyed the gathering, the food and the people! Great time had by all. I agree, let's meet earlier next time because the afternoon/eve seems to fly by!
Thank you Chris/LadyHawke for making the dash plaques. Pls let us help with the expenses. We don't expect you to do it all gratis.

GordonB

Bigdogjim
07-12-2004, 10:28 PM
We also had a great time. Maybe next time we can start a little earlier. The time went by so fast and I was having so much fun. Nice to finally meet you BigDog. Julie cant wait to help you in the tower.

Folks I have always said it's about the people:)

It was good to put a face with the screen name:):):)

I have traveled over 1550 miles to meet new friends!

See you both in Indy:):):) And thanks for the offer to help out!!