PDA

View Full Version : Dennis's exhaust installed

RF Overlord
06-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Just got back from visiting The Blackbird...it's away from home for a couple of days having Dennis's Cobra manifolds, high-flow cats and X-pipe, Flowmaster 40s, 4.10s and AMMC driveshaft installed...

When I got there, the techs were just finished with the exhaust stuff...they'll be starting on the gears first thing tomorrow...

I didn't have a chance to drive her, but I must say I was highly impressed by the quality of their workmanship...and the new sound was quite impressive, too...I was a little leery of putting the Flowmasters on at first, but one of the techs, who's also a member here, has them on his MM and generously let the Bunny Lady take his car for a ride; she said the sound was acceptable to her, and since she puts the most miles on the car, it was her call...we also chose to leave the stock tailpipes and baffled tips.

Major props to Scott and Ron (Marauder8) of Fenner's Auto in Hyannis, MA for doing a beautiful job... :up:

One other note: both Ron and Scott commented on the quality and design of Dennis's setup and the fact that it all went together without any unexpected hassle...another fine product courtesy of the good DR! :bows:

Bigdogjim
06-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Great! Nice to get work done close to home.

TripleTransAm
06-30-2004, 04:22 PM
...the stock tailpipes and baffled tips.

What confused them?

;)

RF Overlord
06-30-2004, 04:44 PM
What confused them?

I see /Steve's been hittin' the Moosehead a little early today... :shake:

Bigdogjim
06-30-2004, 05:33 PM

Oh how I miss MOOSEHEAD beer :beer:

jgc61sr2002
06-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Bob and Mary - Way to go. :up: Congrats on the mods.

Marauderman
06-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Just got back from visiting The Blackbird...it's away from home for a couple of days having Dennis's Cobra manifolds, high-flow cats and X-pipe, Flowmaster 40s, 4.10s and AMMC driveshaft installed...

When I got there, the techs were just finished with the exhaust stuff...they'll be starting on the gears first thing tomorrow...

I didn't have a chance to drive her, but I must say I was highly impressed by the quality of their workmanship...and the new sound was quite impressive, too...I was a little leery of putting the Flowmasters on at first, but one of the techs, who's also a member here, has them on his MM and generously let the Bunny Lady take his car for a ride; she said the sound was acceptable to her, and since she puts the most miles on the car, it was her call...we also chose to leave the stock tailpipes and baffled tips.

Major props to Scott and Ron (Marauder8) of Fenner's Auto in Hyannis, MA for doing a beautiful job... :up:

One other note: both Ron and Scott commented on the quality and design of Dennis's setup and the fact that it all went together without any unexpected hassle...another fine product courtesy of the good DR! :bows:
Gosh! I can't believe you haven't done this already by now--especially having been here so long!!!! WOW! Congrats to you Big Guy!! Way to go!
Keep us posted--I know your gonna have some serious fun now!!!.......Tom

RF Overlord
07-01-2004, 04:21 AM
I can't believe you haven't done this already by now--especially having been here so long!!!!

Tom, there were 3 reasons I waited (besides plain laziness):

1. We were hoping to trade in for the 2005.5 factory blown version...(THANKS A LOT, Elena Ford... :( )

2. Finding a shop I felt comfortable with...

3. I'm a cheap bastard...

MarauderMark
07-01-2004, 04:46 AM
Bob and Mary - Way to go. :up: Congrats on the mods.

^^^^what he said too^^^^ :banana: :banana: :rock:

Haggis
07-01-2004, 05:30 AM
Oh how I miss MOOSEHEAD beer :beer:

Not me! The Moose is Loose in Maryland. :beer:

Marauderman
07-01-2004, 07:07 AM
Tom, there were 3 reasons I waited (besides plain laziness):

1. We were hoping to trade in for the 2005.5 factory blown version...(THANKS A LOT, Elena Ford... :( )

2. Finding a shop I felt comfortable with...

3. I'm a cheap bastard...
...uh..simples enough reasons most of us would have....just glad you stepped up to the plate to get a chance to feel what we've been feeling so long---don't forget to post your new "FEEL" to us now!!!. :rock: Tom

RCSignals
07-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Moosehead?? :eek:

Steve strikes me as more of a BRADOR kind of guy. Or maybe Kokanee

TripleTransAm
07-02-2004, 09:09 AM
To be honest, I go through phases where I dig different drinks. Right now, my thing is:

http://www.heineken.com/images/global/bg_top.gif

along with a number of fine local micro-brews.
http://www.unibroue.com/images/fin-medaillon.gif
http://www.unibroue.com/images/maudite-medaillon.gif

When I'm in the States on business, I'm usual partial to
http://www.killians.com/images/logoBottle.gif

or

http://www.samadams.com/images/bottle.gif

Other than beer, I don't really experiment too much when it comes to alcoholic drinks. Besides this high-octane eyelid-curling Portuguese nitro concoction called "burning water" (translation), I'm your basic Whiskey (not just any, though) and rum/coke kind of guy. (although I only recently resumed being capable of even looking at a bottle of Bacardi after a certain episode in Santiago Chile back in May 1998).

martyo
07-02-2004, 09:22 AM
^^^^^Ummm, who has too much time on their hands? {cough, /Steve, cough}^^^^^