PDA

View Full Version : The Greaser Garage, classic stuff here

merc406
06-29-2004, 05:36 PM
I keep forgetting to share this one, it's pretty cool....http://www.thegreasergarage.com/main.html

TripleTransAm
06-29-2004, 05:55 PM
You know, I find sites like that to be really something else. Obviously, I went straight to the 'music' section first. Then I came to remember something that might be of interest...

50s music is pretty much a 'dead' form of music... dead, not in popularity, but in the fact that no one is making 'new' music of that genre. Or so one would think...

There is this Swedish band called The Boppers... they've been active since (I think) the mid or late 70s, I think. Right to this very day, they release new albums at regular intervals. While a portion of their total recorded material are covers of existing 50s and early 60s classics (Sixteen Candles, Mona Lisa, etc.), believe it or not they also keep coming out with completely new tunes done in that style! They remain true to the style in their guitar licks, vocals and harmonies (complete with ShaNaNa-style bass vocal now and again) and even the wardrobe and hairstyle!!!

And here's the killer: they've maintained pop star status in Sweden for DECADES! During one visit to Sweden in early 2000, I even saw them perform on TV during a talk show appearance, in support of their latest (at the time) album... they performed a new composition that you'd swear was right out of 1958.

So if you're a big fan of 50s rock music and ever stumble across an imported copy of a Boppers' album in the States, give it a listen. You might be surprised at how this form of music has survived intact to this day!

merc406
06-30-2004, 08:11 AM
You know, I find sites like that to be really something else. Obviously, I went straight to the 'music' section first. Then I came to remember something that might be of interest...

50s music is pretty much a 'dead' form of music... dead, not in popularity, but in the fact that no one is making 'new' music of that genre. Or so one would think...

There is this Swedish band called The Boppers... they've been active since (I think) the mid or late 70s, I think. Right to this very day, they release new albums at regular intervals. While a portion of their total recorded material are covers of existing 50s and early 60s classics (Sixteen Candles, Mona Lisa, etc.), believe it or not they also keep coming out with completely new tunes done in that style! They remain true to the style in their guitar licks, vocals and harmonies (complete with ShaNaNa-style bass vocal now and again) and even the wardrobe and hairstyle!!!

And here's the killer: they've maintained pop star status in Sweden for DECADES! During one visit to Sweden in early 2000, I even saw them perform on TV during a talk show appearance, in support of their latest (at the time) album... they performed a new composition that you'd swear was right out of 1958.

So if you're a big fan of 50s rock music and ever stumble across an imported copy of a Boppers' album in the States, give it a listen. You might be surprised at how this form of music has survived intact to this day!

Thanks for the tip Steve, we'll check them out! :rasta:

merc406
06-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Steve, found the Boppers........http://www.boppers.se/ :rock: :rock: :rock:

TripleTransAm
07-01-2004, 08:50 AM
Cool, I should have guessed there was a web site.
There's an english version of the 'biography' page, but if you want anything translated just let me know.