PDA

View Full Version : Caravan to Indy - MVII

MAD-3R
07-02-2004, 08:34 AM
Ok, It's looking like we will be able to go. I have put in my vacation request, we have the reqistrations and hotel reservations, now, do we want to link up and head in as one? Maybe meet up wit those comming out of Philly for the trip? Big Dog is a good trail boss.

Haggis
07-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Ok, It's looking like we will be able to go. I have put in my vacation request, we have the reqistrations and hotel reservations, now, do we want to link up and head in as one? Maybe meet up wit those comming out of Philly for the trip? Big Dog is a good trail boss.

So far it looks like Chris and I will be hooking up with Bob (Murader03) and leaving on Thursday.

GordonB
07-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Joan and I are headed west on Wed. July 28th. First stop is Wright-Pat AFB to visit the museum -- been 10 years since I went last time and I want to see the latest!

GordonB

MAD-3R
07-06-2004, 06:18 AM
So far it looks like Chris and I will be hooking up with Bob (Murader03) and leaving on Thursday.

What time will you be heading out?

Murader03
07-06-2004, 02:14 PM
What time will you be heading out?

We'll discuss this Saturday evening at the meet and eat at Bat's. We'll let you know after that.

Haggis
07-06-2004, 07:55 PM
We'll discuss this Saturday evening at the meet and eat at Bat's. We'll let you know after that.

I agree that will be the best time to arrange travel plans. That is one of the reasons I hoped to have a meet before Indy. The other is I missed all your smiling faces. :D

Murader03
07-07-2004, 05:47 AM
I've dug up some travel times and mileages from MSN's map site. I'll have an extra 2 hours driving time just to meet up with Haggis. But, we'll discuss time and places Saturday!

Murader03
07-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Here's our proposed route and times for those coming from the East and Mid-Atlantic. I say propsed as the times may vary due to traffic...

As of now, the following members will be meeting at the Cracker Barrel in Hagerstown, Md. That is exit 29 at I-70 and S.R.65. We will be meeting there about 6 AM on Thursday 7/29. We will depart approximately 7 AM.

Haggis and Ladyhawke
Mad-3R and Tasha
Brutus and Julie
Murader03 and Dot

Hagerstown via I-70 W to I-68 W to Morgantown, Wva. 2hr 25min
Morgantown via 1-79 to Washington, Pa. 1hr
Washington, Pa. Via I-70 to Wheeling, WVA 40min

Meet with BigDogJim?

Wheeling, WVA via I-70 to Columbus, Ohio 2hr
Columbus, Ohio via I-70 to Dayton, Ohio area 1hr 15min
Dayton, Ohio via I-70 to Richmiond, In. area 50min
Richmond, In. via I-70 to Indianapolis, In. area 1hr 25min

We intend to make our arrival at the Hotel between 3 and 4 PM CST.

All the above driving times are estimates only and do "NOT" include any pitt stops, etc.

For those of you who may wish to join up with us along the way, please PM me and I will give you my cell phone number for contact along the way. Also, please let me know where you intend to join up, your screen name, real name, and a contact number so that I may call you enroute.

I will also be monitoring channel 19 on the CB, and we will have FMS radios in several cars on channel 5.

Most of all: "Please have a safe trip to Indy!"

Haggis
07-11-2004, 10:58 AM
... That is exit 26 at I-70 and S.R.65. We will be meeting there about 6 AM on Thursday 7/29. We will depart approximately 7 AM.

One correction it is Exit 29 off of I-70 west. At the bottom of the exit ramp make a left and the Cracker Barrel is about a 1/4 mile on the right. See you all Thursday morning before the rooster crows.

Haggis
07-13-2004, 07:19 AM
Just wanted to move this back to the top. Only two weeks left!!!

Is there anyone else from the Northeast region that would like to join our convoy. How about it PA/NY/NJ/CT owners we could meet up somewhere in western Pa? How about you Buckeye Marauders, we will be taking I-70 west across Ohio?

valkyrie
07-13-2004, 07:22 AM
Just wanted to move this back to the top. Only two weeks left!!!

Is there anyone else from the Northeast region that would like to join our convoy. How about it PA/NY/NJ/CT owners we could meet up somewhere in western Pa? How about you Buckeye Marauders, we will be taking I-70 west across Ohio?

I would like to, but I am leaving on Wednesday.

CRUZTAKER
07-13-2004, 07:28 AM
Matt and I have decided to leave Wednesday afternoon. Sorry we won't make the caravan....but perhaps coming home on Sunday after the breakfast!

GordonB
07-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Joan and I are leaving Wed. am about 6:30am from Route 29 & Route 198 (near). First scheduled stop is Wright-Patterson AFB Museum. Anybody want to join us on Wed. afternoon? Expect to be there by 1:30pm and sspend maybe 2 hours there.

GordonB

CRUZTAKER
07-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Ewww, now that is a possibility!

Wright Pat is an even 3 hrs from me.....I'll talk to Matt and Heather about this.

I'm in though Gordon!

Murader03
07-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Here's our proposed route and times for those coming from the East and Mid-Atlantic. I say propsed as the times may vary due to traffic...

As of now, the following members will be meeting at the Cracker Barrel in Hagerstown, Md. That is exit 29 at I-70 and S.R.65. We will be meeting there about 6 AM on Thursday 7/29. We will depart approximately 7 AM.

Haggis and Ladyhawke
Mad-3R and Tasha
Brutus and Julie
Murader03 and Dot

Meet with BigDogJim?

All the above driving times are estimates only and do "NOT" include any pitt stops, etc.

For those of you who may wish to join up with us along the way, please PM me and I will give you my cell phone number for contact along the way. Also, please let me know where you intend to join up, your screen name, real name, and a contact number so that I may call you enroute.

I will also be monitoring channel 19 on the CB, and we will have FMS radios in several cars on channel 5.

Bump.............

Bigdogjim
07-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the invites gang!

I'll be going solo this time:)

See you in Indy!

Murader03
07-17-2004, 06:34 AM

Haggis and Ladyhawke
Mad-3R and Tasha
Brutus and Julie
Murader03 and Dot

Meet with BigDogJim?

Bump again!

mpearce
07-17-2004, 01:10 PM
Hey Guys,

Heather and I would love to go to Wright Pat AFB on wednesday. We will plan on leaving on wed. with Barry. A 3 marauder caravan is better than 1!!! Hopefully we can pick up some more people for this caravan as well. Talk to you all soon...keep me posted!

-Mat

the fat bastid
07-18-2004, 08:25 PM
ok, i'm down, where you want us to meet you? i should try reading the thread but i'm lazy.

CRUZTAKER
07-18-2004, 08:35 PM
Hey Gavin...whom do you want meet, us or them...:P

the fat bastid
07-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Hey Gavin...whom do you want meet, us or them...

oh god, this thread is more complex then i could ever imagine....

i guess haggis and the crew ya? that makes sense to me...i think...

Murader03
07-18-2004, 11:19 PM
oh god, this thread is more complex then i could ever imagine....

i guess haggis and the crew ya? that makes sense to me...i think...

Gavin,

We are meeting in Hagerstown.Md., exit 29. There is a Cracker Barrel there. We'll be joining up there for breakfast about 6 AM and leaving about 7 AM.

PM me if you're still plannong to meet us there and I'll drop you my Cell phone number.

jrzygrl
07-19-2004, 03:57 AM

If I make it, looking forward to meeting you two...

Murader03
07-21-2004, 02:16 PM
QUOTE=Murader03]Here's our proposed route and times for those coming from the East and Mid-Atlantic. I say propsed as the times may vary due to traffic...

Haggis and Ladyhawke
Mad-3R and Tasha
Brutus and Julie
Murader03 and Dot

Meet with BigDogJim?

Most of all: "Please have a safe trip to Indy!"[/QUOTE]

.............BUMPED........... .......

Bigdogjim
07-21-2004, 02:42 PM
I will already be in Indy when you meet for breakfast:)

Look for JET and the fat bastrd to hook up in Wheeling, Va.

Have a smooth ride..........................

Haggis
07-22-2004, 09:19 AM
I will already be in Indy when you meet for breakfast:)

Look for JET and the fat bastrd to hook up in Wheeling, Va.

Have a smooth ride..........................

Hummm? That should be around lunch time. I think I remember eating at an Outback restaurant when we were on our way to Barry's in May. Let me check with Chris to make sure, would make for a nice pitstop.

Murader03
07-24-2004, 03:17 AM

Haggis and Ladyhawke
Mad-3R and Tasha
Brutus and Julie
Murader03 and Dot

Meet with BigDogJim?

BUMPED AGAIN>>>>Getting close to the time to hit the road!