PDA

View Full Version : Southern Convoy to Indy

MARAUDERCHICK
07-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Still trying to get us a convoy going up to Indy!!

Was thinking of meeting up in Chattanooga, TN then taking the "convoy" on into Indy!!!

The following have said they are leaving Wed. 7/28 :

Macon Marauder (AM)
Smokie (PM)
Bootlegger (AM)
Me - Marauderchick (anytime on Wed is good for me)

Need to know when the following are leaving:

Donny Carlson - Alabama
BCKNBLK - Alabama
Carfixer - Florida
Glassman99 - Georgia
Mailman - Mississippi

And anyone else who's name may not have made the registrant's list yet!

Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina

I'm not sure what route everyone is taking but looks like I-75 N for most of us down here.

Let's make this work!!!! And PLEASE if any of you have any other suggestions feel free to suggest them!!!

Thanks in advance for all of your help!!!

~Kathy~

Smokie
07-02-2004, 03:10 PM
Kathy, as you know we leave Wed, late afternoon early eave, that puts me in the Atlanta area around midnight. My route is basic I-75 to I-24 to I-65, if you look at map you will see what I mean. I do want to hook up with others and arrive with a group if possible, my departure is not flexible, but after that I am flexible with route and timing as long as arrival is no later than Thursday afternoon.

mailman
07-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Hey Kathy. We're pretty flexable. I'm just south of Memphis and we had talked about leaving wed morning, staying somewhere on the road that night and getting into Indy sometime thurs afternoon.We could meet some of yall in Nashville and travel along together.Whatever the group wants to do.We can adjust our time table.We could drive straight through if thats what the rest have planned. Just let us know where and when.Looking forward to putting some faces with some of these names!

Zack
07-02-2004, 04:28 PM
Wont you all be hopelessy lost without your fearless leader? :bigcry:

woaface
07-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Anyone want to hop in my suitcase or backpack? As long as your not flammable, fragile, hazardous or potentially dangerous to others:up:

Macon Marauder
07-06-2004, 05:19 AM

???
Huh?
???

martyo
07-06-2004, 06:02 AM

They probably will be, but I keep telling 'em that there is no way that I will head South and then have to drive West. So, it looks like Kathy will have to be in charge.

Thanks for your concern though.

MARAUDERCHICK
07-06-2004, 06:33 AM
Marty has spoken......it is now official:

I will be in charge!!!!:up:

martyo
07-06-2004, 06:40 AM
Marty has spoken......it is now official:

I will be in charge!!!!:up:

Kathy: Bring your whip!! Please!!!!

MARAUDERCHICK
07-06-2004, 06:48 AM
Kathy: Bring your whip!! Please!!!!
Anything for you Marty!!!:cool:

glassman99
07-11-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm leaving early Thursday morning (5:30AM) to beat the Atlanta traffic. Will also be going up I-75. I hope to arrive Thursday afternoon. :up:

FordNut
07-11-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm leaving early Thursday morning (5:30AM) to beat the Atlanta traffic. Will also be going up I-75. I hope to arrive Thursday afternoon. :up:
May see you along the way. I'm going up Thursday also but don't know when I'll be able to hit the road or where I'll even be departing from.

Kind of a loner, not too big on group rides but if we hook up and cruise together for awhile that's ok too.

Donny Carlson
07-11-2004, 02:41 PM
May see you along the way. I'm going up Thursday also but don't know when I'll be able to hit the road or where I'll even be departing from.

Kind of a loner, not too big on group rides but if we hook up and cruise together for awhile that's ok too.
Originally I was leaving Wednesday, but when it became clear that nothing was planned for that evening, I decided to drop that night's stay, and head out Thursday morning. I'll be there Thursday afternoon.

Silver_04
07-17-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm gonna see if I can negotiate with my new boss to get this time off of work. I've got my fingers crossed and hopefully I'll be able to convoy on up...and I will be the Rubber Duck.

MARAUDERCHICK
07-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Cool Chris!!!

I hope you are able to work things out with your boss! I think I have decided to wait until Thursday to leave. Donny is gonna meet us in Atlanta and we are gonna cruise up from there!! I hope you can join us!...(Rubber Duck) <----cute!!

BTW....I enjoyed talking with you today! I can't wait for you to start getting all your mods put on your car......be very careful......this stuff is addictive!!!

And I'll keep my eyes open for a Georgia Girl for you!!:up:

Let me know if you want to meet us to convoy up to Indy!!

~Kathy~

ts-pa
07-17-2004, 06:45 PM
www.cnn.com, offbeat news
Cop clocks Corvette convoy
Sheriff's Deputy Rick Miller works his way down a line of five of eight Corvettes he stopped on July 14 for speeding near Lake Crystal, Minnesota. The drivers were en route to the Black Hills Corvette Classic in South Dakota. Miller had clocked them on Highway 60 going 95 mph in a 65 mph zone.

Silver_04
07-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Cool Chris!!!

I hope you are able to work things out with your boss! I think I have decided to wait until Thursday to leave. Donny is gonna meet us in Atlanta and we are gonna cruise up from there!! I hope you can join us!...(Rubber Duck) <----cute!!

BTW....I enjoyed talking with you today! I can't wait for you to start getting all your mods put on your car......be very careful......this stuff is addictive!!!

And I'll keep my eyes open for a Georgia Girl for you!!:up:

Let me know if you want to meet us to convoy up to Indy!!

~Kathy~

If you guys are leaving on Thurs. that would be just about perfect for me. Let me see what I can do. If I can get the time off, I'll definately be riding up with y'all.

Sorry I had to jet while you guys had left for a minute. I had to get some things done at home.

I'm gonna hold you to finding me a Georgian southern belle. She HAS to like cars :)

Silver_04
07-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Kathy-

If you guys are leaving on Thurs of next week, I'm good to go. Got the time off of work. That means I'll be living at work tomorrow through Wednesday of next week. The car better appreciate this!

Bigdogjim
07-19-2004, 09:06 PM
That means I'll be living at work tomorrow through Wednesday of next week. The car better appreciate this!

Well i don't know about your Marauder BUT, you will :lol: :lol:

MARAUDERCHICK
07-20-2004, 06:29 AM
Kathy-

If you guys are leaving on Thurs of next week, I'm good to go. Got the time off of work. That means I'll be living at work tomorrow through Wednesday of next week. The car better appreciate this!:bounce: :bounce: YIPPEEEEEEE!!! :bounce: :bounce:

That's great Chris!!! And YES, I have decided to wait until Thursday to leave!!!

Donny and I were thinking of meeting at Team Ford and leaving from there....

What do you think??

We will let you lead, since you already know how to get there!!!!

Mongoose
07-20-2004, 09:04 PM
MARAUDERCHICK,
If it's OK, I'd like to hook up with your group (if you're taking I-65 thru Louisville). I'm planning on heading out from Louisville about noon-1PM Thurs.

MARAUDERCHICK
07-21-2004, 07:02 AM
MARAUDERCHICK,
If it's OK, I'd like to hook up with your group (if you're taking I-65 thru Louisville). I'm planning on heading out from Louisville about noon-1PM Thurs.
That would be GREAT!!! :bounce:

And yes, we will be taking I-65 thru Louisville.....

I'm not sure EXACTLY what time we are all leaving from Atlanta, but we would love for you to join us!!!!

I'll be in touch to let you know more details!!!!

Silver_04
07-22-2004, 07:58 PM
If we need to be in Louisville sometime during the 12 o'clock hour we probably need to leave Atl. at about 6:30am local time.

Where are we meeting at in Atlanta and then in Louisville?

Mongoose-
Is all of the I-65 construction on the IN side complete now?

Donny Carlson
07-22-2004, 08:02 PM
If we need to be in Louisville sometime during the 12 o'clock hour we probably need to leave Atl. at about 6:30am local time.

Where are we meeting at in Atlanta and then in Louisville?

Mongoose-
Holy Frijoles! 6 HAY AM? That means I have to leave here like 3 AM (time zone change). Maybe I will catch up with you guys somewhere up I 65, like Louisville.

Mchick, send me your cell # again by PM, and I can make sure to be on I-65 in the Louisville area at noon (I presume Central) time. Or meet up in Chattanooga earlier (you are going up 75, no?)

Mongoose
07-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Lke I said, my departure time frome Louisville (Eastern Daylight time) is flexible. From the Ohio River at Louisville, it's aprox. 120 miles to the Clarion (Eastern Standard time) (about 1 1/2 -2hrs.). Plus you'll gain one hour on the time change.

I know there is still some construction going on just across the river. It's usually not too bad except during rush hour. There is also some construction in KY around the 70mile marker. I'll check with AAA and get the latest.
Just don't let my departure time affect the group's. All I need is about a 1-hour notice before you hit L'ville.
PS: From the 123 to the 130 mile marker on I-65 in KY is a no-fly-zone (the last mile marker in KY is the 137) :nono: .
The only other bottle-neck you might run into is Nashville.

Silver_04
07-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Boy oh boy, the time is getting near.

Kathy and Donny - what's the plan for Thursday. I'll leave whenever.

Donny Carlson
07-26-2004, 04:38 PM

Donny is NOT coming to Atlanta first, but heading straight up I-65. There's a chance we could hook up along the way, but I'm likely stopping in Bowling Green for the 1:00 PM Corvette/XLR Plant tour.

Silver_04
07-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Ooohhh, I'd want to go to that too. You mind a tag along?

Donny Carlson
07-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Ooohhh, I'd want to go to that too. You mind a tag along?
Not a problem. There's two tours a day, the morning one is a bit early to make for us.

MARAUDERCHICK
07-26-2004, 05:16 PM

Hey Chris!

I sent you a PM....but, I still want to meet up with you on Thursday morning and follow you up......

What time do we need to leave Atlanta in order to get to the Corvette Museum in Boling Green by 1pm???

Kathy

Silver_04
07-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Kathy,

Check your PM's.<-----that just doesn't look right

I think we need to leave around 8am our time to make it to the museum...but I'll check mapquest to be sure. 2 hours to the Choo choo, two more to Nashville and 2 more to Bowling Green I believe. We may want to leave a bit earlier to give ourselves some breathing room because there were a couple of accidents in Chattanooga over the weekend...huge backups.

MARAUDERCHICK
07-26-2004, 05:44 PM
Kathy,

Check your PM's.<-----that just doesn't look right

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we need to leave around 8am our time to make it to the musuem...but I'll check mapquest to be sure. 2 hours to the Choo choo, two more to Nashville and 2 more to Bowling Green I believe. We may want to leave a bit earlier to give ourselves some breathing room because there were a couple of accidents in Chattanooga over the weekend...huge backups.

Sounds good to me......we can meet around 7-ish ...maybe that would give us plenty of cushion in case something slows us down....

Talk to you tomorrow :up:

Kathy

Donny Carlson
07-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Be there at noon. The tour group is small and fills up, so you want to be an hour early.

mailman
07-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Kathy, we're staying in Nashville Wed. night. It looks like the easest place to meet would be in Bowling Green at the museum. I will PM you a cell phone number if you want to link up coming through Nashville. If we dont catch up with each other before then, we'll just meet everybody at the museum. thanks! Tim

Silver_04
07-26-2004, 08:18 PM
Since we're talking about the museum I've got to post this...

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~ctt9/images/vette_musem_1.jpg

We need to bring some Marauder parking only signs.:banana:

MARAUDERCHICK
07-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Since we're talking about the museum I've got to post this...

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~ctt9/images/vette_musem_1.jpg

We need to bring some Marauder parking only signs.:banana:
COOL!!!!

Looks like there is a space between each Vette.....ya' think maybe would could park our Marauders in betweenxt the Vettes????

Hee hee hee!!
Kathy

FordNut
07-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Looks like I'll be going up I-75 to Lexington, then across I-64 to Louisville, then up I-65 to Indy. Not sure of my schedule yet, maybe we can hook up somewhere north of Louisville.

Anybody got a list of cell phone numbers? Maybe I should add mine to the list.

MARAUDERCHICK
07-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Looks like I'll be going up I-75 to Lexington, then across I-64 to Louisville, then up I-65 to Indy. Not sure of my schedule yet, maybe we can hook up somewhere north of Louisville.

Anybody got a list of cell phone numbers? Maybe I should add mine to the list.
Hey Brian!!

I have a list of cell phone numbers......check your email! :D

Send me a PM with your cell # and I'll add it to my list as well.

Thanks!!
Kathy

MARAUDERCHICK
07-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Just bumping this thread....... See ya'll in Indy!!!!! :bounce: