PDA

View Full Version : July Get-Together !!!

03SILVERSTREAK
07-03-2004, 09:56 AM
This was started in the June meeting but I think it needs a new thread . There was little intrest in June so how,s about a July Get together by those in the Tri-state area and abroad . Im sugguesting this location unless those that would like to attend want to hook up somewere else .

The place : UNOS-Chicago Grill

The Location : Route 32 , in Woodbury Center
Near Woodbury Common Premium Outlets Central Valley
(845) 783-6560

The Date : If we can all agree here are the following dates-Sat or Sun
17 or 18 , 24 or 25 , 31 or Aug 01

The Time : 12:00 noon

The Location has numerious routes to get here: I-87 , Route 6/17 and has Plenty of parking . There,s also an outside dinning area .
Unless someone wants to chime in , this location would give members from Conn: and New Jersey an easy route to come .
It would be great if we can agree on this so as we can set a date and do this so as not to interfere with our own personal plans . if we agree on this location , I will post directions up here from the UNOS site or from Map Quest.

Bigdogjim
07-03-2004, 11:42 AM
The National Roundup (MaraudervilleII) is end of the month.

I would be up for 17th/18th.

Any one planing to attend Indy could attend and firm up travel plans in person:)

Let do it!

Krytin
07-03-2004, 01:51 PM
Saturdays are better for me, but all dates are open for me as of today.

Bigdogjim
07-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Saturdays are better for me, but all dates are open for me as of today.

Lets just go with the 17th, Saturday:)

jgc61sr2002
07-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Sat. the 17th looks good to me. :up: What is the address of UNOS?

Bigdogjim
07-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Sat. the 17th looks good to me. :up: What is the address of UNOS?

The place : UNO'S-Chicago Grill

(845) 783-6560

12:NOON :bows: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa:

valkyrie
07-03-2004, 07:02 PM
This was started in the June meeting but I think it needs a new thread . There was little intrest in June so how,s about a July Get together by those in the Tri-state area and abroad . Im sugguesting this location unless those that would like to attend want to hook up somewere else .

(845) 783-6560

The Location has numerious routes to get here: I-87 , Route 6/17 and has Plenty of parking . There,s also an outside dinning area .
Unless someone wants to chime in , this location would give members from Conn: and New Jersey an easy route to come .
It would be great if we can agree on this so as we can set a date and do this so as not to interfere with our own personal plans . if we agree on this location , I will post directions up here from the UNOS site or from Map Quest.

Saturday the 17th is good for me. :up:

03SILVERSTREAK
07-04-2004, 04:20 AM

(845) 783-6560

It would be great if we can agree on this so as we can set a date and do this so as not to interfere with our own personal plans . if we agree on this location , I will post directions up here from the UNOS site or from Map Quest.So far we have the following agreed for the 17th:
BigDogJim
Krytin
Jgc61sr2002
Valkyrie
Effster
It would be great if we could have 15 or more chime in . the date so far looks good for the 17th...:beer: :beer:

Paul T. Casey
07-05-2004, 02:17 PM
This sounds good to me, but where is this Woodbury? I mean like state, nearby cities, or any other details that would help me plan where to go. :confused:

Bigdogjim
07-05-2004, 03:24 PM
This sounds good to me, but where is this Woodbury? I mean like state, nearby cities, or any other details that would help me plan where to go. :confused:

Good point Paul:)

Newburg, New York. Just off the New state Thurway Route 87.

Will post a link to the Resturant soon.:):):)

Paul T. Casey
07-05-2004, 04:28 PM
I know where that is! I worked on the Hamilton Fish Bridge once, it's pretty tall on top of those columns!

valkyrie
07-06-2004, 11:50 AM
So far we have the following agreed for the 17th:
BigDogJim
Krytin
Jgc61sr2002
Valkyrie
It would be great if we could have 15 or more chime in . the date so far looks good for the 17th...:beer: :beer:

We need to put this thread up0 top and see if we have some more takers. :bounce:

Effster
07-06-2004, 07:10 PM
the 17th looks good to me,work load permitting.but as of right now im in :rock:

03SILVERSTREAK
07-06-2004, 07:14 PM
BigDogJim
Krytin
Jgc61sr2002
Valkyrie
Effster
It would be great if we could have 15 or more chime in . the date so far looks good for the 17th . Come on folks lets make this a big turnout!!! :banana: :beer:

Krytin
07-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Good deal Jeff! A caravan would be fun - if I could keep up with you!

MENINBLK
07-06-2004, 08:00 PM

Woodbury Commons is located in Central Valley, NY.
Central Valley, NY and Monroe, NY are very close to each other.
So if you know where the Monroe WALMART is,
then Woodbury Commons is about 1/2 mile North from there !!!

To put it nicely for the New Jersey people...
Exit 16 on the New York State Thruway !
Follow sign for Woodbury Commons, Route 32 NORTH, on your right, after the toll plaza.
UNOs should be on your right, according to the map at UNOs website.

Address is as follows for those using Mapquest...

Uno Chicago Grill
20 Centre Drive
Central Valley, NY 10917
845-783-6560

Uno's Website...
http://www.unos.com

I am scheduled to work on 7/17 but if I can change it. I'll come up and meet you guys !!!
My wife loves shopping at Woodbury Commons, and if the weather is nice she'll love to come up too !

Paul T. Casey
07-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Provided nothing else pops up, count me in!

Marauder
07-07-2004, 09:09 AM
I'm not sure but I "MAY" be able to make it depending on the time. I have late afternoon/evening plans in NJ on the 17th.

03SILVERSTREAK
07-07-2004, 05:00 PM
For the New Jersey Member's and those driving south from Connecticut or from further upstate NY- Exit 16 on I-87 New York State Thruway . when you go through the toll plaza , first exit on your right up the ramp to a traffic light . Green light make a left turn facing south on route 32 you will be driving over route 6-17 to the second light . continue driving south on route 32 about 250 feet staying to your left to the third light . make a left into the Woodbury Center plaza where you will see the UNOs Restarant . enter parking lot by the first left turn or the second left turn in the plaza . The map location at UNOs website has the location on the wrong side of route 6-17 . It is not in the Woodbury Commons , but south of it . if you are coming from route 6-17 eastbound toward I-87 get off at exit 131 which is the last exit on route 6-17 , up to the light , make a right on to route 32 and staying to your left to make the left turn into the Woodbury center plaza . and to cover all bases if your coming southbound on route 6 from over Bear Mountain , continue over I-87 and exit right onto route 32 , head northbound 150 feet to the first light , make a right into Woodbury Center plaza .

Uno Chicago Grill
20 Centre Drive
Central Valley, NY 10917
845-783-6560

Uno's Website...
http://www.unos.com (http://www.unos.com/)

03SILVERSTREAK-Myself
BigDogJim
Krytin
Jgc61sr2002
Valkyrie
Effster
Paul T.Casey
MenInBlk
Marauder
It would be great if we could have 15 or more chime in . the date so far looks good for the 17th . Come on folks call or E-Mail those that have come to these get togethers before . rain date can be on the 24 or 31 . any help I can provide PM me...:beer: :banana: :cool4: :cool:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

nexstar7
07-07-2004, 06:54 PM
iam there already. where's everyone?. beers are cold and the honeys are hot. :beer:

03SILVERSTREAK
07-07-2004, 07:03 PM
iam there already. where's everyone?. beers are cold and the honeys are hot. :beer:For the New Jersey Member's and those driving south from Connecticut or from further upstate NY- Exit 16 on I-87 New York State Thruway . when you go through the toll plaza , first exit on your right up the ramp to a traffic light . Green light make a left turn facing south on route 32 you will be driving over route 6-17 to the second light . continue driving south on route 32 about 250 feet staying to your left to the third light . make a left into the Woodbury Center plaza where you will see the UNOs Restarant . enter parking lot by the first left turn or the second left turn in the plaza . The map location at UNOs website has the location on the wrong side of route 6-17 . It is not in the Woodbury Commons , but south of it . if you are coming from route 6-17 eastbound toward I-87 get off at exit 131 which is the last exit on route 6-17 , up to the light , make a right on to route 32 and staying to your left to make the left turn into the Woodbury center plaza . and to cover all bases if your coming southbound on route 6 from over Bear Mountain , continue over I-87 and exit right onto route 32 , head northbound 150 feet to the first light , make a right into Woodbury Center plaza .

Uno Chicago Grill
20 Centre Drive
Central Valley, NY 10917
845-783-6560

Uno's Website...

03SILVERSTREAK-Myself
BigDogJim
Krytin
Jgc61sr2002
Valkyrie
Effster
Paul T.Casey
MenInBlk
Marauder
Nexstar7
It would be great if we could have 15 or more chime in . the date so far looks good for the 17th . Come on folks call or E-Mail those that have come to these get togethers before . rain date can be on the 24 or 31 . any help I can provide PM me...:beer: :banana: :cool4: :cool:

Marauder
07-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Unfortunately, I can't make it. I thought my other plans were later in the afternoon.

Hopefully next time. :)

troopcar
07-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Did I hear someone say Woodbury Common*? You mean, I can hang with cool Marauder folks at noon and then later check out the 220 or so outlet stores? It's a no-brainer. Count me in on the 17th.

For folks not too familiar with the area, Woodbury Common is a short ride from Sterling Forest Ski Center. Besides the directions listed in the above posts, it's easy to get to WC from the Palisades Interstate Parkway (PIP). I, myself, usually get off the Thruway (route 87 north) at exit 15A and then travel north on Route 17 (old 17?), past the old Red Apple Rest. (But getting off at Exit 16 is more direct)

*Woodbury Common became my new favorite outlet mall after the Apollo Plaza Mall in Monticello was condemned and boarded up by town officials (it's obvious that I enjoy shopping at classy joints). Not that I'm a shopaholic by any means, but every so often I need a fix.

Looking forward to July 17th!

troopcar

P.S. to 03Silverstreak: I will have my camera with me, so you better be on best behavior!

PhkinQk
07-09-2004, 01:52 PM
I'm 90% in...I'll bring the wife too, she can spend some money, I have spent so much on the :censor: car already, lol.

Did I hear someone say Woodbury Common*? You mean, I can hang with cool Marauder folks at noon and then later check out the 220 or so outlet stores? It's a no-brainer. Count me in on the 17th.

03SILVERSTREAK
07-09-2004, 03:00 PM

For folks not too familiar with the area, Woodbury Common is a short ride from Sterling Forest Ski Center. Besides the directions listed in the above posts, it's easy to get to WC from the Palisades Interstate Parkway (PIP). I, myself, usually get off the Thruway (route 87 north) at exit 15A and then travel north on Route 17 (old 17?), past the old Red Apple Rest. (But getting off at Exit 16 is more direct)

*Woodbury Common became my new favorite outlet mall after the Apollo Plaza Mall in Monticello was condemned and boarded up by town officials (it's obvious that I enjoy shopping at classy joints). Not that I'm a shopaholic by any means, but every so often I need a fix.

Looking forward to July 17th!

troopcarShopaholic indeed !!!:lol:

P.S. to 03Silverstreak: I will have my camera with me, so you better be on best behavior!So will I , so be ready...;)

Krytin
07-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Printed out the directions - 109.6 miles/2hr 15min from my house. If it aint rainin' - I'll be there!

Bigdogjim
07-11-2004, 04:10 PM
I know where that is! I worked on the Hamilton Fish Bridge once, it's pretty tall on top of those columns!

Paul: My bad! Next exit south on the Thruway.........

Don't know what I was thinking :rolleyes: :stupid:

Thanks troopcar for setting me straight :up:

03SILVERSTREAK
07-11-2004, 10:01 PM
For the New Jersey Member's and those driving south from Connecticut or from further upstate NY- Exit 16 on I-87 New York State Thruway . when you go through the toll plaza , first exit on your right up the ramp to a traffic light . Green light make a left turn facing south on route 32 you will be driving over route 6-17 to the second light . continue driving south on route 32 about 250 feet staying to your left to the third light . make a left into the Woodbury Center plaza where you will see the UNOs Restarant . enter parking lot by the first left turn or the second left turn in the plaza . The map location at UNOs website has the location on the wrong side of route 6-17 . It is not in the Woodbury Commons , but south of it . if you are coming from route 6-17 eastbound toward I-87 get off at exit 131 which is the last exit on route 6-17 , up to the light , make a right on to route 32 and staying to your left to make the left turn into the Woodbury center plaza . and to cover all bases if your coming southbound on route 6 from over Bear Mountain , continue over I-87 and exit right onto route 32 , head northbound 150 feet to the first light , make a right into Woodbury Center plaza .

Uno Chicago Grill
20 Centre Drive
Central Valley, NY 10917
845-783-6560

Uno's Website...

So far we have Agreed for Sat July 17th::rock:
03SILVERSTREAK-Myself
BigDogJim
Krytin
Jgc61sr2002
Valkyrie
Effster
Paul T.Casey
MenInBlk
Troopcar
Nexstar7
PhkinQK
It would be great if we could have a few more chime in within this week . Come on folks call or E-Mail those that have come to these get togethers before in the past . Weather so far looks good for Saturday ...:beer: :banana:

03SILVERSTREAK
07-13-2004, 10:37 AM

Uno Chicago Grill
20 Centre Drive
Central Valley, NY 10917
845-783-6560

Uno's Website...

So far we have Agreed for Sat July 17th::rock:
03SILVERSTREAK-Myself
BigDogJim
Krytin
Jgc61sr2002
Valkyrie
Effster
Paul T.Casey
MenInBlk
Troopcar
Nexstar7
PhkinQK
It would be great if we could have a few more chime in within this week . Come on folks call or E-Mail those that have come to these get togethers before in the past . Weather so far looks good for Saturday ...:beer: :banana:The July Get-Together is set for this Saturday , so if any member in the Northeast Chapter would like to attend , now is the time to post up and have a good time with us...:beer: :beer: :beer:

valkyrie
07-13-2004, 10:39 AM
The July Get-Together is set for this Saturday , so if any member in the Northeast Chapter would like to attend , now is the time to post up and have a good time with us...:beer: :beer: :beer:

What time are we looking at?

03SILVERSTREAK
07-13-2004, 10:41 AM
What time are we looking at?12:00 Noon:beer:

MENINBLK
07-13-2004, 11:15 AM
I reminded my wife today, not to make plans for Saturday.
She said to me, "What's up for Saturday ?"

I said, "Marauder Lunch @12:00 noon, and shopping at the Commons."

She said, "No Problem! I get to go too?" :up:

03SILVERSTREAK
07-13-2004, 12:01 PM
I reminded my wife today, not to make plans for Saturday.
She said to me, "What's up for Saturday ?"

I said, "Marauder Lunch @12:00 noon, and shopping at the Commons."

She said, "No Problem! I get to go too?" :up:I've got to try that on my wife:lol: :lol: :lol: :beer:

Marauder
07-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Hey, depening on the weather, my NJ plans may get cancelled so I may be able to make this meet. :D

Bigdogjim
07-13-2004, 11:18 PM
My plans are up int air as of now.

Best I can do is a maybe??

03SILVERSTREAK
07-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Heading to Atlantic City NJ tomorrow . looking foward to Saturdays get together...:up:

Krytin
07-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Well, I just got back from the dealer. I dropped the car off on tuesday for the axle/bearing kit due to excessive end play @ the axle hubs. They still had end play so they looked a little further and wound up replacing the entire carrier, clutch pack and bearings- everything but the ring & pinion! I was a little pissed because I told them if the gears look bad I'd like to change them to 4.10's! The tech said if they start making noise we can do it then. The clutch pack for the posi was "baddly burned" - don't have any idea what could have caused that!
Any how, I'm glad I got the car back in time for saturday! I wasn't looking forward to driving the Lincoln LS loaner they gave me.

nexstar7
07-15-2004, 02:40 PM
glad you got the car back. looking forward to seeing everyone.

tbore007
07-16-2004, 07:49 AM
unfortunatly, i cant make it, i have a birthday party to goto. would have liked to attend since i havn't in a while, would have like to see some of the new faces...well. have fun and drive safe.Anthony

troopcar
07-16-2004, 12:39 PM
The weather's looking good for Saturday (tomorrow). The hourly forecast for Saturday afternoon in Central Valley shows partly cloudy, in the high 70's.

So let's have a big turnout. Bring Marauders to the meet, and bring cash, credit cards, and comfortable shoes for the optional late afternoon shopping spree at Woodbury Common. Maybe we can create a Marauder parking area in their huge lot. ("All Marauders, please park in the Purple section.")

Hope to see lots of Marauderers tomorrow . . .

troopcar

PhkinQk
07-16-2004, 01:28 PM
("All Marauders, please park in the Purple section.")
What about the black section....cause everyone knows all Marauders are only Black, lol.

troopcar
07-16-2004, 02:52 PM
What about the black section....cause everyone knows all Marauders are only Black, lol.

You'd better watch it or else Saturday's master-of-ceremonies 03SILVERSTREAK won't show up and we'll have to pay for lunch ourselves! That's not gonna work 'cause I need that money to go shopping !!

troopcar

Krytin
07-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Anybody going to caravan off of Long Island!?

03SILVERSTREAK
07-16-2004, 10:44 PM
You'd better watch it or else Saturday's master-of-ceremonies 03SILVERSTREAK won't show up and I'll have to pay for lunch myself ! It's gonna work well 'cause I Don't need that money for shopping !!

troopcar:lol: Thank you Troopcar your alright...:beer: :up:

troopcar
07-17-2004, 06:37 AM
:lol: Thank you Troopcar your alright...:beer: :up:

I think it's against the law to edit someone else's post for one's own gain! LOL Just for that, you owe me a french fry.

troopcar

03SILVERSTREAK
07-17-2004, 07:06 AM
I think it's against the law to edit someone else's post for one's own gain! LOL Just for that, you owe me a french fry.

troopcar:pimp: You slay me...:lol: :beer:

nexstar7
07-17-2004, 04:12 PM
first of all ,troopcar we missed you. second i had a geat time with all the guys.i dont care what anybody says. we are the best club ever. :beer: adrian , iam looking forward to the photo's. we had big laughs tonight. :beer: ;)

03SILVERSTREAK
07-17-2004, 06:51 PM
first of all ,troopcar we missed you. second i had a geat time with all the guys.i dont care what anybody says. we are the best club ever. :beer: adrian , iam looking forward to the photo's. we had big laughs tonight. :beer: Yes I bet your are . I want to thank all those who where able to make this Get together a wonderful time . I purposely left the names of those that arrived so as they can post for themselves what a good time they had:beer: . the pictures are posted in the gallery as to those that were able to make it down .
BTW-Pam-who is that suspious guy and whats he doing with that styroform doggie bag ??? someones going to feel the Heat come next meeting :eek: (GOT BUSTED ???) that slice must've been on :fire: :lol: All in all it was a very good time...:up: :cool:

nexstar7
07-17-2004, 07:45 PM
i hope she likes hot sauce :fire: it was all n fun. nice photos.

Bigdogjim
07-17-2004, 08:11 PM
As always a great time in New York State!

Sorry I missed it see you all next month!

Krytin
07-18-2004, 06:13 AM
Yes I bet your are . I want to thank all those who where able to make this Get together a wonderful time . I purposely left the names of those that arrived so as they can post for themselves what a good time they had:beer: . the pictures are posted in the gallery as to those that were able to make it down .
BTW-Pam-who is that suspious guy and whats he doing with that styroform doggie bag ??? someones going to feel the Heat come next meeting :eek: (GOT BUSTED ???) that slice must've been on :fire: :lol: All in all it was a very good time...:up: :cool:

The pictures are priceless! Thanks to all for a great time!

MENINBLK
07-18-2004, 07:46 AM
We had a great time seeing you guys again and seeing some new faces too!
My son got such a kick out of seeing all our Marauders lined up.

We ran over to Walmart and did some light shopping and then spent a couple hours in the Commons.
It turned out to be a beautiful day.

Next stop - LONG ISLAND !!!

troopcar
07-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Yes I bet your are . I want to thank all those who where able to make this Get together a wonderful time . I purposely left the names of those that arrived so as they can post for themselves what a good time they had:beer: . the pictures are posted in the gallery as to those that were able to make it down .

Had a great time at the meet in Central Valley. Met a couple of members for the first time. We had just seven cars and owners, but we made enough noise for 20 people. The waitress took it all very well. Must be used to the rowdy types.

We had lots of good laughs (can never have enough of those). It's amazing how funny some Marauderers are. I'd swear I saw a couple of them on Last Comic Standing, but the guilty parties denied all.

After the meet, did some shopping at Woodbury Common, which was about two minutes away. What a wonderful spot for a meet! Congrats to 03SILVERSTREAK for choosing it, encouraging folks to attend, and for posting the pix, even the slanderous ones.

Now for the serious business: What's this about the fiery hot leftover pizza that made its way home with me?

Was that the slice I gave to my 95-year-old grandmother?
Was that the slice I gave to my 15-year-old cat? (Gee, haven't seen her since Saturday nite . . . and her water bowl is missing)
Was that the slice I gave to the neighbor's little tyke who wound up crying all night?
Was that the slice I gave to my boss to bribe him for a day off?
Was that the slice . . .

To the guilty party, just remember payback's a b*tch. And anyway, just where is law enforcement when you need it! (Answer: Causing most of the trouble, that's where.)

I'll post some pix in a bit.

Later,

troopcar

03SILVERSTREAK
07-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Had a great time at the meet in Central Valley. Met a couple of members for the first time. We had just seven cars and owners, but we made enough noise for 20 people. The waitress took it all very well. Must be used to the rowdy types.

We had lots of good laughs (can never have enough of those). It's amazing how funny some Marauderers are. I'd swear I saw a couple of them on Last Comic Standing, but the guilty parties denied all.

After the meet, did some shopping at Woodbury Common, which was about two minutes away. What a wonderful spot for a meet! Congrats to 03SILVERSTREAK for choosing it, encouraging folks to attend, and for posting the pix, even the slanderous ones.

Now for the serious business: What's this about the fiery hot leftover pizza that made its way home with me?

Was that the slice I gave to my 95-year-old grandmother?
Was that the slice I gave to my 15-year-old cat? (Gee, haven't seen her since Saturday nite . . . and her water bowl is missing)
Was that the slice I gave to the neighbor's little tyke who wound up crying all night?
Was that the slice I gave to my boss to bribe him for a day off?
Was that the slice . . .

To the guilty party, just remember payback's a b*tch. And anyway, just where is law enforcement when you need it! (Answer: Causing most of the trouble, that's where.)

I'll post some pix in a bit.

Later,

troopcarAnd I bet he's running for the hills:lol: ....

Paul T. Casey
07-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it, other crap going on (waiting for replacements for lost credit/debit cards.) Next time for sure.

nexstar7
07-19-2004, 06:45 PM
where was law enforcement, causing most of the trouble. :eek:

troopcar
07-20-2004, 08:12 AM
first of all ,troopcar we missed you. second i had a geat time with all the guys.i dont care what anybody says. we are the best club ever. :beer: adrian , iam looking forward to the photo's. we had big laughs tonight. :beer: ;)

Nexstar7,
You mean, you were there? I didn't see you either. Where the heck were you, under the table? Or were you with that group that got kicked out for making a ruckus?

Anyway, I know I had a good time.

troopcar

P.S. to all, I posted some pix.

nexstar7
07-20-2004, 02:54 PM
hey, look at the photos. iam just a shy guy that likes to have a relaxing beer and look at the views. :)

Bigdogjim
07-20-2004, 04:24 PM
You know you can dress 'em up but, you can't take 'em out. :lol: :lol: