PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Tuning at MVII

2003 MIB
07-07-2004, 06:51 AM
If this is a stupid question, please accept my apology.

I've got the mail order DR Stage 1 chip in my Marauder. I want to have Jerry do his dyno tune while I'm at Indy.

Does Jerry overwrite what's on DR's chip (making adjustments for my particular car) or does he overwrite the stock program in the ECU? Anybody know?

Smokie
07-07-2004, 10:02 AM
It's a good question, here is a suggestion, not necessarily an answer. You do a before dyno with your chip, then you pull it and let Jerry do his tuning to your PCM.

Now you have before and after dyno numbers: chip and tune.
You drive your car and decide which one you like better...how's that sound ?

2003 MIB
07-07-2004, 10:07 AM
:up: Yep-that' my plan. I'll make a pass- get in line for the tune (I anticipate a long line)-make another pass. I fearlessly predict 13.8 before the tune.

CRUZTAKER
07-07-2004, 10:21 AM
To answer your question...yes...if you do an A/F dyno tune, the new parameters, and any other changes you so desire, ie. shift points, lockup speeds, etc, will be put into your chip on the spot.

The only exception is to those of us with the older Diablo two position chips, and Jerry no longer flashes those on the spot, you will give it to him and he will re-burn it at his convienence and mail it back to you. In the meanwhile, he will flash the new info to your EEC.

It's your choice how you do it, with the exception of the above mentioned Diablo. I would recommend you have the chip flashed as well, as this is your security that the dealer will never over-write your EEC by accident.

2003 MIB
07-07-2004, 10:25 AM
I hadn't thought about the dealer-overflash, Barry. THANKS!!!!