PDA

View Full Version : Panther meet in Twin Cities this weekend!

HookedOnCV
07-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Just in case you Marauder owners don't get around to checking the CrownVic.Net (http://www.crownvic.net) website for Twin Cities news, there is a meet planned for those interested on Saturday, July 10th. Here (http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=North_central&Number=629589&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1) is a link to the post there, and some more information if you are too lazy to click on the link.

A summer meet has been organized/planned by HailStorm for Como Park in St Paul, and all able members are invited, including those out of state.

- Who: Everyone is invited.
- What: Duh.
- When: Saturday, July 10th, 2004. 1:00PM for some BBQ and other random "festivities"
- Where: Como Park, Lexington Pkwy and Como Ave ... http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&formtype=search&countryid=250&addtohistory=&country=US&address=Como+Ave+%26+Lexington +Pkwy++N&city=Saint+Paul&state=MN&zipcode=55103&historyid=&submit=Get+Map
- Why: Because.
- How: Just be there.

One member (Ryan) will be bringing all his tools, and I believe DarkDan is bringing some window tint tools.

There will also be a barbecue-type deal, likely early on. Someone needs to bring charcoal, lighter fluid, some food (I can help - Costco sells bulk chicken and ground beef!), and beverages. I don't believe there will be alcohol available, considering the park is city property, but later in the evening I was kinda thinking on a trip to Flaherty's Arden Bowl, a great bowling alley about 10 minutes from Como Park, right up Snelling off County Rd E. Saturday nights there are pretty rockin' from what I remember. And yes, they have a bar.

Currently, the following people are likely going: Ted, Vortex, Justin (93sc), Todd (tenative), John (SVO-CVPI), Brett, Blake (96P71Vic), Ryan (me), and Steve (awaiting day off). Let's get this darn list bigger people! Food, fun and games will be had by all, and alcohol will be had by some later in the evening.

The list has grown since this was first announced and most of the food and stuff for the BBQ is being provided by various members that have spoken up.

I know this is last minute, but if any Marauders can stop on by, I'm sure there are are some Crown Vic and Grand Marquis owners who would be oogling over your cars!

Todd

FiveO
07-08-2004, 02:42 PM
:up:

I was looking for something to do Saturday...

I'll try and make it up there. If you see a nice looking Silver MM just wave since I don't know any of you gents :)

mrogerc
07-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Todd,

Thanks for making me aware of this event today. I had a great time meeting you and the other Panther folks.

I also love that black ride of yours, and I would like to take a ride sometime. I hope we can make it to the dyno soon......

For everyone else, if you get a chance to do one of these (and, like me, can't make it to Marauderville) take advantage of it. You learn a lot and meet great people.

HookedOnCV
07-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Todd,

Thanks for making me aware of this event today. I had a great time meeting you and the other Panther folks.

I also love that black ride of yours, and I would like to take a ride sometime. I hope we can make it to the dyno soon......

For everyone else, if you get a chance to do one of these (and, like me, can't make it to Marauderville) take advantage of it. You learn a lot and meet great people.

We had a great turnout of 5 Crown Vics and 4 Marauders. Not bad considering the 3 of the Marauders were just invited officially yesterday!

Too bad you guys couldn't stay for the food and talk after the initial oogling over Mikes Trilogy s/c install.

Pictures from todays event are posted in the gallery here. (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php?mcats=506&si=Twin%20Cities%20Panther%20M eet)

Kelly
07-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Now this is what I get for checking the site on the 11th Darn!

HookedOnCV
07-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Now this is what I get for checking the site on the 11th Darn!

Sorry Kelly. I'll try to give a little more warning next time.

Hope you can make it down here for the next one!

Todd

MainEngDwarf
07-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Darn I was just there last weekend, Oh well maybe I'll get it right the next time I go to Minn.

FiveO
07-26-2004, 10:07 PM
:cry: Hi, i was just told about this site yesterday. i`m not replying to anything, i`m not to hip on this computer stuff, but i`d like to know if there are any up coming marauder events or get togethers. Dean danjanel@msn.com mpls/StP area

I'll try and remember to keep you updated!

GarageMahal
07-27-2004, 08:12 AM
Welcome to the site, its a good group here.

This weekend is the big event in Indy but we really need to get a gathering set up sometime before the end of summer.

jta

jgc61sr2002
07-27-2004, 07:37 PM
DEANO - Welcome aboard. :up: