PDA

View Full Version : Ran Dan W's MM Today from a ~30mph Roll

AltF4
07-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Dan (I think he's dwasson on here) and I have worked together at the Arsenal in Warren for four years now. We're both musclecar guys. Anyway, we were both out at Generations on 10/Groesbeck checking out a mutual buddy's Merc on the dyno (428, full tubs... yum). We decided to do a quick shakedown run to see how our cars compared.

'93 Talon TSi FWD turbo 5spd
All 100% stock. 10psi on the 14B turbo (stock). ~190hp. My daily driver.

vs

Dan's MM.
Near stock. Chipped. Said it pulls 262hp (not sure if crank or rw) Dont think he has anything else done. Dan?

So, we rolled up a northbound road to head back towards 696 and got on it around 30ish I'd say. I didn't slip the clutch or anything... just punched it from where I was tach'd at. He pulled me pretty good until the turbo started coming on towards 45-50mph. I'd say he was still pulling me pretty nicely though when we both shut it down a little past 55 or 60mph.

I'll take another crack at it once I get a MBC to add ~30 more horse. :shot:
That, or I'll get off my duff and do the lifters on the foxbody (current reason why I'm not driving it - plus I haven't had the free time 'til now to do it). That would be a fun run considering its somewhere around 280-320hp when it's actually in good shape.

Good run Dan! I'll get that MBC and practice launching on full boost and we'll run 'em at Milan sometime. Eh? Eh?

(Feel free to jump in on anything that I may have been a little off on. Launch speed seem about right? Shutdown?)

dwasson
07-10-2004, 04:07 AM
That all sounds about right. We'll do it again in a more organized fashion.