PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Marauders Meeting #12 - WRAP UP

Agent M79
07-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Just want to get the post meeting thread started. Only home for a bit and then jetting off again. I will post some of my pics to this thread a little bit later. Feel free to start without me!

Loved meeting with the usual folks and the new folks too! Much thanks to frdwrnch and his S.O. (gotta get her a screen name, eh?) for having us and feeding us! Those wings... fantastic. Loved 'em!

Loved seeing 2 DTR's side by side! Thanks Cheesehead! :up:

And a personal message to Bud: Man, relax, you are so high strung. Slow down!

Marauderman
07-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Just want to get the post meeting thread started. Only home for a bit and then jetting off again. I will post some of my pics to this thread a little bit later. Feel free to start without me!

Well, I did start without you--huh----about 20 pics in the gallery on todays fun we had....gee..got kinda carried away--sorry--- but did we have fun--WOW!

Great seeing all and meeting SC Cheesehead and Terry ...glad you found us just in time--- always nice to put a face to a name-- I hit the wrong keys( what's different) when posting the pics on the engine inside the Falcon...sorry Russell---

A great Thanks goes out to Russell and Pat for a wonderful setting and oh yeah --that A/C garage--well, that was PERFECT--not only cause it was 90+ heat outside --but -- to have an A/C garage with a ceiling--well---we all now have another project to work towards--- A great abode my friend---

Yes sir reee---The first Annual Garage Cookout was wonderful--can't wait till next year!!! Kathy and I enjoyed seeing all and talking about our future endeavors---oh yeah--it's gonna be fun this fall....thanks Don (dok)....I feel the Tail a'waggin....don't ya'll....ya here that prchrman (Willie)....Tom

SC Cheesehead
07-10-2004, 08:31 PM
Had a great time meeting everyone today. Yeah, I thought those 2 DTR's sitting side-by-side looked pretty sharp, too.

Special Note to Marauderman: AWESOME ride, my friend, I'm STILL grinning! :bows:

Thanks to Mr. & Mrs. frdwrnch for the hospitality, great place you've got.

Looking forward to future meetings!

SC Cheesehead (and wife)

Loved meeting with the usual folks and the new folks too! Much thanks to frdwrnch and his S.O. (gotta get her a screen name, eh?) for having us and feeding us! Those wings... fantastic. Loved 'em!

Loved seeing 2 DTR's side by side! Thanks Cheesehead! :up:

And a personal message to Bud: Man, relax, you are so high strung. Slow down!

Agent M79
07-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Well I set the boy loose with the camera and ended up getting what I paid for! Not to many good shots but the few good ones I posted.

This is what I have to work with:

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1096643.jpg
I am fairly certain that I had just mentioned "cleaning the lens" and he asked ol' Bud for a little advice on how to do it. :up:

SC Cheesehead
07-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Doing the best you can with what you got, huh.

SC Cheesehead

Well I set the boy loose with the camera and ended up getting what I paid for! Not to many good shots but the few good ones I posted.

I am fairly certain that I had just mentioned "cleaning the lens" and he asked ol' Bud for a little advice on how to do it. :up:

FordNut
07-11-2004, 12:33 PM

What's that in the background?

dok
07-11-2004, 01:05 PM
That is Frdwrnch's 1968 Mustang that he is restoring. Going to be beautiful when he completes it.

FordNut
07-11-2004, 01:15 PM
That is Frdwrnch's 1968 Mustang that he is restoring. Going to be beautiful when he completes it.
So that makes 3 of us with 68 fastbacks in process of restoration/restomod.

Frdwrnch, Rich Long, and me.

Marauderman
07-11-2004, 03:30 PM
So that makes 3 of us with 68 fastbacks in process of restoration/restomod.

Frdwrnch, Rich Long, and me.
....Yeah..check out my pic of it's motor in the gallery from this weekends meet.....oh yeah!! ...It's gonna be a trailer one for sure!!!!..You got any pics to share--his is a GT Fast Back.......Tom

FordNut
07-11-2004, 03:53 PM
....Yeah..check out my pic of it's motor in the gallery from this weekends meet.....oh yeah!! ...It's gonna be a trailer one for sure!!!!..You got any pics to share--his is a GT Fast Back.......Tom
No pics, been meaning to shoot some but haven't gotten around to it. Mine isn't a GT but it's special enough anyway. No subframe or tubs like Rich, but most of the other "standard" mods (subframe connectors, lowered upper control arms, progressive front springs, poly bushings, oversize sway bars front & rear, monte carlo bar, export brace, '70 model 351C 4V, close ratio 4 speed top-loader, Hurst competition plus, 4-wheel disc brakes, 9" nodular housing, traction masters, GT fog lites, factory air cond, '70 Mach1 highback buckets, tilt/tiltaway steering, etc.) It's scattered all over my garage now, but some day...

Marauderman
07-11-2004, 04:18 PM
No pics, been meaning to shoot some but haven't gotten around to it. Mine isn't a GT but it's special enough anyway. No subframe or tubs like Rich, but most of the other "standard" mods (subframe connectors, lowered upper control arms, progressive front springs, poly bushings, oversize sway bars front & rear, monte carlo bar, export brace, '70 model 351C 4V, close ratio 4 speed top-loader, Hurst competition plus, 4-wheel disc brakes, 9" nodular housing, traction masters, GT fog lites, factory air cond, '70 Mach1 highback buckets, tilt/tiltaway steering, etc.) It's scattered all over my garage now, but some day...
......"but most of the other ""standard"" mods........it's scattered all over the garage...but some day.." .....gosh!!! huh....hollycow!!( one word even)---man---I gotta ask frdwrnch what he's doing cause all I could do was stare at his engine on Saturday--never thought to ask --huh.."what else goes into to this beauty--" now you got me wondering---I must inquire and ask Russell what he's really up to...and maybe get him to talk about it with us all...seeing both of yours when complete would be really cool...sorry ..had to say that......Tom

TAF
07-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Great pics guys...looks like a good time that I missed. Russell, great looking crib you got there...and I've been fortunate enough to spend time with the lovely Pat so, I'm sure you are were treated very well. Unfortunately...I had a "project" to work on Saturday, so the trip up couldn't happen.

We NEED to do a joint meet at the Tail of the Dragon, though...let's be sure we put that together for this fall. :up:

frdwrnch
07-11-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks to all who attended. We had a great time. We'll try to do it again next year. Special thanks to cory, cheesehead and their crew for joining us long distance. The Marauder that showed up early is a new addition to the site. His screenname is "fly2day". Hopefully he will join us in an upcoming event. I wanted to post a pic of Cheesehead grinning after the ride in Marauderman's ride but I'm having a hard time.

SC Cheesehead
07-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Two days later, and I'm STILL grinning!:burnout:

SCCH

Thanks to all who attended. We had a great time. We'll try to do it again next year. Special thanks to cory, cheesehead and their crew for joining us long distance. The Marauder that showed up early is a new addition to the site. His screenname is "fly2day". Hopefully he will join us in an upcoming event. I wanted to post a pic of Cheesehead grinning after the ride in Marauderman's ride but I'm having a hard time.

stevencory
07-14-2004, 04:46 PM
We enjoyed ourselves immensely. :rock: Thanks again for having us.

First, allow me to compliment Russel and Pat on their hospitality.
Those wings were incredible. No matter which direction you would look
there was a project on the make. The '68 is gonna be so great someday.

The grillwork modifications are really neat. The newer cars are awesome,
it's nice to see the different colors. It was good to meet all the members
I had missed before. What a cool bunch of folks. Great conversations.
I really look forward to the trip through the mountains.

I suggest seeing Spiderman II (http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/). Sunday we saw Fahrenheit 9/11 (http://www.fahrenheit911.com),
not a happy movie, but a must see.

Okay...some promised links... Check out Eclipse Signs Online (http://eclipsesigns.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Eclipse&Product_Code=tribalmercury&Category_Code=tribals)
for where I obtained the window decal.

Here's the review from Road & Track (First Drives) on
the Chrysler Crossfire Convertible (http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=6&article_id=1369) .

I'm on the lookout for a good window tint man in my area, the heat
had quite an influence on the decision. :cool4:

Agent M79
07-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Here's the review from Road & Track (First Drives) on
the Chrysler Crossfire Covertible (http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=6&article_id=1369) .

This is the one that has Mrs. Agent all a flitter. The only way she is going to get one is if she comes into some money... like from a payout... from... an... INSURANCE POLICY! HEY! :fire:

Marauderman
07-14-2004, 05:52 PM
We enjoyed ourselves immensely. :rock: Thanks again for having us.

First, allow me to compliment Russel and Pat on their hospitality.

The grillwork modifications are really neat. .

I'm on the lookout for a good window tint man in my area, the heat
had quite an influence on the decision. :cool4:
..I can't believe yours isn't tinted---I commented to SC Cheesehead that he needed to do it cause WE ALL were tinted..dug..guess not--now you know ..good for you..what took so long Steve!! A great buy for under $200 ...do It!!.........Tom

Marauderman
07-15-2004, 04:09 AM
I wanted to post a pic of Cheesehead grinning after the ride in Marauderman's ride but I'm having a hard time.

wheres that P I C !!!!!!..........Tom

frdwrnch
07-18-2004, 09:13 AM
wheres that P I C !!!!!!..........Tom

Lets try again:

stevencory
07-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Hi Russel,

I installed the DVD. It states that it has "expired"
when trying to access the data. I figured I would
uninstall it and it took my entire Marauder folder,
pictures, articles and all. Of course I don't have
a backup. (sigh) That should teach me to install
stuff in a different place than what's recommended.

:alone:

Agent M79
07-24-2004, 08:25 AM
I installed the DVD. It states that it has "expired"
when trying to access the data.

They do that to discourage the use of "outdated" information. Very typical for subscription type or catalog type information from big companies.

My Agent-In-Law works for a large welding supply company that uses that mechanism to expire the catalog CD. This has netted me hundreds of soft CD cases.

The easy way to get at the data on that disk is to roll back your system date to one within the expiration period. In the case of the one you have, the month and year is imprinted on it (if it is like the one I have).

Be sure that before you roll your system date back that you don't have any date-sensitive programs running like reminder programs, PIMs, etc. And don't forget to correct it when you are done.

frdwrnch
07-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Agent, Did yours work? I use the old ones quite a bit for my own use and have not had that happen. I always create a new forlder and name it service information. I'll try to load an old one and see what happens. Sorry for the trouble.

Agent M79
07-26-2004, 02:35 PM
Agent, Did yours work? I

Yes, mine gave the expired message. No problem tho, just set my date back and it let me get access. I haven't worked on further than that. I might just have to have a look at it to see if I can circumvent that easier.

stevencory
07-27-2004, 06:24 PM
...use the old ones quite a bit for my own use and have not had that happen. I always create a new forlder and name it service information. I'll try to load an old one and see what happens. Sorry for the trouble.
Not your fault Russ...no need to apologize.
I greatly appreciate the gift. I observed it
loading several files in the WINNT/SYSTEM32
folder as well. This might be to support the
ODBE (database engine). When I uninstalled
or removed it, I'm not sure those files were
deleted. The system seems to be runnin' okay,
however, it did require me to download a
previously downloaded Windows Update.

No harm done. I needed new pictures anyway :burnout:

Thanks,

frdwrnch
07-28-2004, 05:06 PM
Oh Man, I am sorry. I just changed out our discs again and will give you the most up to date besides the current one if you wish to try it. Just pm me. As an avid photographer I know how some pics just can't be replaced and how frustrated you may be.