PDA

View Full Version : Why am I constantly logging in?

QWK SVT
07-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Using IE6, privacy set to low...

I find myself constantly having to log in, with username and password. Example, I arrive to the forum index, and I am not logged in. I proceed to log in, then try to jump into one of the forums, at which point, I am no longer logged in. I try to log in, and I'm pushed back to the main forum index...:rolleyes:

Cycle continues... In fact, I d/l'ed Netscape, to post...

HwyCruiser
07-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Its a conspiracy. :D

My security is set to Med and privacy to Med High w/ no problems. Try deleting your cookies & temp internet files, reboot if you feel unlucky, and try again. If that doesn't work, kick it!

Mad4Macs
07-10-2004, 06:12 PM
With all of the massive security flaws in IE, you're far better of without it. Yeah, I'm cutting into potential profits by saying that, but oh well... :)

QWK SVT
07-10-2004, 06:15 PM
Its a conspiracy. :D

My security is set to Med and privacy to Med High w/ no problems. Try deleting your cookies & temp internet files, reboot if you feel unlucky, and try again. If that doesn't work, kick it!
Actually, I tried the restart, and that seems to have cleaned up the issue...

With all of the massive security flaws in IE, you're far better of without it. Yeah, I'm cutting into potential profits by saying that, but oh well... :)
Whatever the problem was, it was also impacting Netscape, the same way, just not quite as frequently... A cold boot solved it? I dunno - it's all working, now...

Logan
07-10-2004, 08:14 PM
IE set on completely default settings should work fine with this site.

MikesMerc
07-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Turn down your Cookie security. Or, better yet, leave your cookie security at high and edit the setting to "always allow" cookies from the mm.net site.