PDA

View Full Version : CAM, here's the drilled rotor information

Stephen Soulsby
07-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Here is pricing and info as requested. 03-04 Marauder drilled and slotted rotors are $365/set of four.

98-02 Crown Victorias and Grand Marquis are $410/set of four.

These are not those cheap rotors that are made in China. They're made in the US (or sometimes Canada) using an extremely hard grade of steel. The holes are precisely drilled and tapered to maintain 100% structural integrity and ensure they will not crack from the drill holes.

Every person that has bought these rotors from me have been extremely happy with them. And for you guys that don't want to drive to Waldorf, MD to pick a set up, go to your local NAPA and have them order the following for 03-04 Marauders.

PR880110R (Front Right)
PR880110L (Front Left)
PR880129R (Rear Right)
PR880129L (Rear Left)

I meant to see what price I can get you guys on Ceramic brake pads, but I'll have to post that tomorrow.

Please try to remember that I make no money doing this. I do it strictly as a courtosey to my fellow MM.net members.

If I can get enough people, I may be able to arrange a group buy price with the boss. Just PM me.

merc
07-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the info. :up:

Cobra25
07-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Thank you for the info also. It was nice of you too post it.

Black 04
07-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Stephen,

Are these replacement rotors??

Do they just bolt on with no modifications??

Stephen Soulsby
07-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Stephen,

Are these replacement rotors??

Do they just bolt on with no modifications??

You don't need to modify anything. Just remove your old rotors, and install the new ones.

While you're in there, it's a good time to throw in some new pads if you need them. Get the OEM ones from Ford, or the Ceramic pads from NAPA. Don't waste your time with Otter Zone or Pep Girls pads because only NAPA and some of the OEMs sell pure carbon ceramic pads. Accept no other and don't let some punk kid behind the counter tell you otherwise as there are absolutely zero downsides to ceramic pads.

The part number for the Marauder pads are:

CMX-7834 (Front)
CMX-7835 (Rear)

CRUZTAKER
07-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Hey thanks man.:up:

NBCSHOOTER was looking for this very solution....

studio460
07-12-2004, 02:33 AM
NBCSHOOTER was looking for this very solution . . .Indeed I was, Cruz . . . THANKS, Stephen!!! Looking forward to your post on the ceramic pads!

Black 04
07-12-2004, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the update Stephen...I will give NAPA a call and see how I make out.

MarauderMark
07-12-2004, 05:12 AM
[QUOTE=Black 04]Thanks for the update Stephen..QUOTE]

Thanks Stephen as soon as i can i will contact you.. :up: :up:

03SILVERSTREAK
07-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Here is pricing and info as requested. 03-04 Marauder drilled and slotted rotors are $365/set of four.

98-02 Crown Victorias and Grand Marquis are $410/set of four.

These are not those cheap rotors that are made in China. They're made in the US (or sometimes Canada) using an extremely hard grade of steel. The holes are precisely drilled and tapered to maintain 100% structural integrity and ensure they will not crack from the drill holes.

Every person that has bought these rotors from me have been extremely happy with them. And for you guys that don't want to drive to Waldorf, MD to pick a set up, go to your local NAPA and have them order the following for 03-04 Marauders.

PR880110R (Front Right)
PR880110L (Front Left)
PR880129R (Rear Right)
PR880129L (Rear Left)

I meant to see what price I can get you guys on Ceramic brake pads, but I'll have to post that tomorrow.

Please try to remember that I make no money doing this. I do it strictly as a courtosey to my fellow MM.net members.

If I can get enough people, I may be able to arrange a group buy price with the boss. Just PM me.Cool now Im going to give the NAPA Dealer in my area a call...:up:

Black 04
07-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Stephen,

Do you have any pictures??

Stephen Soulsby
07-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Stephen,

Do you have any pictures??

No I don't have any pics, but I just ordered mine so I'll post some when I get them. As of right now I have to get them factory direct so hopefully I'll still get them by Friday.

I got a price for the Carbon Ceramic pads. $120 for front and rear together. See above post for part numbers.

03SILVERSTREAK
07-13-2004, 11:57 AM
No I don't have any pics, but I just ordered mine so I'll post some when I get them. As of right now I have to get them factory direct so hopefully I'll still get them by Friday.

I got a price for the Carbon Ceramic pads. $120 for front and rear together. See above post for part numbers.You Da Man:rock: :rock: :rock: BTW do they look something like this-

Black 04
07-13-2004, 12:29 PM
You Da Man:rock: :rock: :rock: BTW do they look something like this-

I beleive those are galvanized...Stephen said that the ones NAPA has are steel. I hope they look as good as the ones that you are showing.

Donny Carlson
07-13-2004, 06:56 PM
I beleive those are galvanized...Stephen said that the ones NAPA has are steel. I hope they look as good as the ones that you are showing.
The ones in the photo are Baer Eradispeed rotors, drillled, slotted and zinc plated. These DISCOUNTED cost $377 - for TWO. What you guys are buying may be great rotors, but they aren't gonna be like the Baers, and they aren't plated, they will rust. Fast.

03SILVERSTREAK
07-14-2004, 05:56 AM
The ones in the photo are Baer Eradispeed rotors, drillled, slotted and zinc plated. These DISCOUNTED cost $377 - for TWO. What you guys are buying may be great rotors, but they aren't gonna be like the Baers, and they aren't plated, they will rust. Fast.So the ones that NAPA sells are like our own factory rotors except they are drilled and sloted for better stoping power under extreme condition ???

Black 04
07-14-2004, 11:38 AM
The ones in the photo are Baer Eradispeed rotors, drillled, slotted and zinc plated. These DISCOUNTED cost $377 - for TWO. What you guys are buying may be great rotors, but they aren't gonna be like the Baers, and they aren't plated, they will rust. Fast.

Does Baer offer the Eradispeed for our MM?

martyo
07-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Does Baer offer the Eradispeed for our MM?

Yep, and a lot of folks have 'em.

Black 04
07-14-2004, 12:29 PM
Should I call Baer direct?

BruteForce
07-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Should I call Baer direct?

You could do that. Or order them online here for a couple pennies less performancedepot.com (http://www.performancedepot.com)

PRODUCT NUMBER: 2262015
DESCRIPTION: ERADISPEED REAR MERCURY

PRODUCT NUMBER: 4261046
DESCRIPTION: CLAW FRONT MERCURY MARAU

Be forewarned that it takes a while to get them. Couple weeks or so.

SouLRioT
07-14-2004, 02:56 PM
You could do that. Or order them online here for a couple pennies less performancedepot.com (http://www.performancedepot.com)

PRODUCT NUMBER: 2262015
DESCRIPTION: ERADISPEED REAR MERCURY

PRODUCT NUMBER: 4261046
DESCRIPTION: CLAW FRONT MERCURY MARAU

Be forewarned that it takes a while to get them. Couple weeks or so.

I just odered a set myself today. They quoted 3 weeks turn around.

hitchhiker
07-14-2004, 03:00 PM
I just odered a set myself today. They quoted 3 weeks turn around.

Now on ebay: <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center colSpan=6></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center bgColor=#9999cc colSpan=6>http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#d6dcfe><TD vAlign=center>http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/sitewide/leftLine_16x3.gif</TD><TD>http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif</TD><TD width="100%">Mercury Marauder Cross-Drilled Slot Power-Rotors F+R</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7910872363&category=33564

Stephen Soulsby
07-16-2004, 04:25 PM
I just got mine in today. Man are they nice looking. My digital camera is broken right now so I can't take any pics. I'll see if I can borrow one tomorrow to post pics.

I also got group pricing info from the boss. If I can get six people on board, than I can let them go for $325/set of four. Tax included. If we got 24 sets (one skid) then I can get them even lower. These rotors go for about $450 normally for a set.

Anybody that wants in on this needs to PM me ASAP and post in http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11400

If anybody is close to me and wouldn't mind stopping by in Waldorf, MD to snap some pics is more than welcome to.

PS - Beware of the eBay rotors. While they're aesthetically pleasing, they are not of any kind of quality.

PhkinQk
07-18-2004, 07:40 AM
I also got group pricing info from the boss. If I can get six people on board, than I can let them go for $325/set of four. Tax included. If we got 24 sets (one skid) then I can get them even lower. These rotors go for about $450 normally for a set. I'm interested but I'm waiting to see the pic's of what they look like. I've been mulling a total Baer overhaul, I love Marauderchick's new look (her wheels too) but this would be cheaper alternative. :up:

PS- napa.com has them @ $407.98 for 4 not $450 but $325 is a great bargin if they're made in the US quality. http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/NAPAonline/search_results_part_num.d2w/report

03SILVERSTREAK
07-18-2004, 08:05 AM
That site takes you to cotter pins & washers:depress: :confused:
I'm interested but I'm waiting to see the pic's of what they look like. I've been mulling a total Baer overhaul, I love Marauderchick's new look (her wheels too) but this would be cheaper alternative. :up:

PS- napa.com has them @ $407.98 for 4 not $450 but $325 is a great bargin if they're made in the US quality. http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/NAPAonline/search_results_part_num.d2w/report

PhkinQk
07-18-2004, 08:20 AM
Just go to NAPA.com and put the below part numbers in.........couldn't make yesterday, too bad you guys looked like you had fun....:)

That site takes you to cotter pins & washers:depress: :confused:

03SILVERSTREAK
07-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Rob-here are the pics of the S.P. Performance Rotors . PM me for further...:banana: ;) :up:

PhkinQk
07-22-2004, 04:45 AM
They do looke really nice Adrian, the message you left me was that they were about $500 for them and the brakes right?

Any reason you didn't go with Ceramic pads? I'd think they'd be a tad cleaner as well? Let me know....

Rob-here are the pics of the S.P. Performance Rotors . PM me for further...:banana: ;) :up:

Black 04
07-22-2004, 06:46 AM

Confused?? :confused: Are these NAPA rotors?? And are they OEM replacements?

03SILVERSTREAK
07-22-2004, 06:56 AM
Confused?? :confused: Are these NAPA rotors?? And are they OEM replacements?No these are S.P. Performance Rotors . I did not wait for the pics of the NAPA Rotors . One of the members had these rotors on their vehicle and I liked them . he stated that his ride stops even better then before and the price was up my alley . Rob - the carbon metallic pads were recommended as the premium pads for this set-up...

Black 04
07-22-2004, 07:19 AM
No these are S.P. Performance Rotors . I did not wait for the pics of the NAPA Rotors . One of the members had these rotors on their vehicle and I liked them . he stated that his ride stops even better then before and the price was up my alley . Rob - the carbon metallic pads were recommended as the premium pads for this set-up...

Thanks...do these just bolt on the front with no modifications? Is there a website?

PhkinQk
07-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Rob - the carbon metallic pads were recommended as the premium pads for this set-up...
They look great but I always thought that carbon won't dust up your nice new look as bad.....:up:

Stephen Soulsby
07-22-2004, 03:56 PM
They look great but I always thought that carbon won't dust up your nice new look as bad.....:up:

The Ceramic pads are the ones that don't dust much. And Ceramic pads will take much more heat without fading. Stopping performance is also improved with true Ceramic pads.

03SILVERSTREAK
07-23-2004, 09:31 PM
They look great but I always thought that carbon won't dust up your nice new look as bad.....:up: PhKinQk - I posted the pics of the rotors installed in the Gallery so as you can see how they look . I also went a notch above by painting the Calipers Silver using Dupli-color Caliper Paint with Ceramic and as you can see Im very pleased with the outcome . Just started breaking-in the Rotors and Pads will let you know in a 100 miles or so as to the Improvement . I like to thank the Guys at Pro-tech for the install . :beer: :rock: :cool:

gonzo50
07-24-2004, 06:16 PM
I posted the pics of the rotors installed in the Gallery so as you can see how they look . I also went a notch above by painting the Calipers Silver using Dupli-color Caliper Paint with Ceramic and as you can see Im very pleased with the outcome . Just started breaking-in the Rotors and Pads will let you know in a 100 miles or so as to the Improvement . I like to thank the Guys at Pro-tech for the install . :beer: :rock: :cool:
Those rotors look awesome and are a direct replacement for the stock ones.

Are they zinc coated so they don't rust, and what pads are you using ?

I like what you did with the calipers, where did you buy the paint ?

I noticed that on your rotors, they're installed with the grooves facing to the rear, and on some other ones like the Baer, the rotors are installed with the grooves facing to the front......are they marked left & right ?

Thanks.

Krytin
07-24-2004, 06:40 PM
No these are S.P. Performance Rotors . I did not wait for the pics of the NAPA Rotors . One of the members had these rotors on their vehicle and I liked them . he stated that his ride stops even better then before and the price was up my alley . Rob - the carbon metallic pads were recommended as the premium pads for this set-up...
Are those the Performance Friction Brake pads that I put on mine? They really don't dust at all like the OEM pads that came with the car. Let me know how you like them after they are broken in!

PhkinQk
07-25-2004, 02:59 AM
Many use caliper paint. An online search for capliper paint will yeild many sites like http://wheelskin.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=G2+CALIPER+PAINT (http://wheelskin.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=G2+CALIPER+PAINT )

I got mine on ebay and paid $30 shipped....and it was g2s pic's in my profile. Mine are red....

Yeah Adrian I was wondering about direction too as well as the amount of cross drills and slots as compared to others....still waiting for a pic of the napa's, lol.

Well have a great "rest of the"weekend all...........

I like what you did with the calipers, where did you buy the paint ?Thanks.

03SILVERSTREAK
07-25-2004, 07:56 AM
Those rotors look awesome and are a direct replacement for the stock ones.

Are they zinc coated so they don't rust, and what pads are you using ?

I like what you did with the calipers, where did you buy the paint ?

I noticed that on your rotors, they're installed with the grooves facing to the rear, and on some other ones like the Baer, the rotors are installed with the grooves facing to the front......are they marked left & right ?

Thanks.Unfortunalty they are not Zinc coated , but rotors that usually are don't stay that way for very long , but I coated the exposed steel area that is not in contact with the pads with high heat(up to 900 oF) silver caliper paint . the paint is Dupli-Color High Heat Brake Rotor & Caliper Paint with Ceramic inbedded in the paint . as for the direction of the gruves and rotation of the rotors here are the direction via attachment-

Directedby
07-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Calipers in diagram are located in the front. MM calipers are located in back. The direction of the rotors seem to be going the wrong way. When the calipers are reversed, the rotors should be switched. IMHO.

Krytin
07-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Calipers in diagram are located in the front. MM calipers are located in back. The direction of the rotors seem to be going the wrong way. When the calipers are reversed, the rotors should be switched. IMHO.
Nope - I have the same rotors on my car. The instructions note that the rotors are machined w/a directional patern. Caliper placement is not the issue - rotor rotation is. The vanes used to force air through the rotor are also dependent on the proper rotation.

rotorpros
08-14-2004, 11:20 PM
Edited by MM03MOK: Vendor Rules (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/announcement.php?f=41) Violation.

martyo
08-15-2004, 04:20 AM
Your e-bay ad says (I added the emphasis):

"PREMIUM" Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors for the following GMC vehicles!!

2003-2004 MERCURY MARAUDER

Did I miss something? Is GMC making a Marauder as well as the one I bought from Lincoln-Mercury?

Do you really expect someone to buy your product with that kind of misinformation? Never mind that you just broke the vendor rules again. :shake:

PhkinQk
08-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Did I miss something? Is GMC making a Marauder as well as the one I bought from Lincoln-Mercury? :shake:
NEW for 2006 get on the list now kiddies.....the brand new "Mercury Impala" :P .

03SILVERSTREAK
08-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks...do these just bolt on the front with no modifications? Is there a website?http://www.nationalfleetparts.com
Sorry I missed that Question...

PhkinQk
08-16-2004, 06:52 AM
Just wondering? Assuming that this vendor wasn't a putz and could comply with, the certainly understandable, rules set forth on this site, does anyone feel that product is a decent alternative to the more expensive rotors that are out there?

Edited by MM03MOK: Vendor Rules (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/announcement.php?f=41) Violation.