PDA

View Full Version : Mr.Clean Carwash

MarauderMark
07-12-2004, 02:37 PM
I have 2 coupons for Mr.clean autodry Carwash Starter kit With $5.00 off they expire 6/30/05.if ya want em pm me ur address i'll mail em to ya...

MI2QWK4U
07-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this, I used it twice and it completely stripped the wax off the Marauder. I am shipping it back for the money back warranty. Piece of ****.

MarauderMark
07-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this, I used it twice and it completely stripped the wax off the Marauder. I am shipping it back for the money back warranty. Piece of ****.

I read the thread and thats why i don't want them.but i figure i'd ask just in case before i throw em out..

MARAUDER S/C #5
07-12-2004, 03:00 PM
I believe you can only use thier soap with this product also, and not your favorite soap. After many years of washing our daily drivers I find Turtle Wax Zip Wax Car Wash to be the best. I have only washed my Marauder 4 times in 2 years. Twice with the Turtle wax stuff and twice at the powerwash when I was on my Trilogy install roadtrip. I use the Zaino wax once a year and the gloss enhancer about once a month. Other than that it spends most of its time in the garage and I just have to dust it off once and a while.
:P

Tallboy
07-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this, I used it twice and it completely stripped the wax off the Marauder. I am shipping it back for the money back warranty. Piece of ****.i was just about to try one of these. now, i won't. thanks for the heads-up.:cool4:

crimzon
07-13-2004, 05:19 AM
I have one, and after seeing how fast it stripped the wax, I replaced the Mr. Clean soap with Meguirs Gold Care Car Soap. The Soap is the same consistancy, and I think it actually works better. Have washed the car 5 times now with the gold care soap, and no wax fade.

martyo
07-13-2004, 05:54 AM
Plus, we asked them to give us some "freebies" for MMVille II and they declined, so don't use their products!

duhtroll
07-13-2004, 06:21 AM
Agreed - it strips the wax in one wash - just like Dawn.

Now, if you don't mind the waxing every wash, that's fine. I use the autodry filter and the gun thingie for the winter washes since I do it much more often and $6 every other day gets expensive for the automatics. The heck with their soap, though.

-A

jgc61sr2002
07-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Plus, we asked them to give us some "freebies" for MMVille II and they declined, so don't use their products!

This is an excellent reason NOT to use their products. Thanks Marty

Marauder
07-13-2004, 07:41 AM
It stripped my wax also...At first I couldn't figure out why my car's paint felt "sticky" after it "dried by itself". The super smoothness was all gone.

DavidB
07-13-2004, 08:41 AM
It stripped my wax also...At first I couldn't figure out why my car's paint felt "sticky" after it "dried by itself". The super smoothness was all gone.

I had the same experience. My paint felt "sticky" after it dried on its own, and couldn't use my "california" duster until I had washed the car again with something different--the duster was only able to drag the dust around instead of just removing it, making a bigger mess than what I started with.

Interesting that their promotional literature claims that the soap does not remove wax.

TTYL
David

Marauder
07-13-2004, 06:14 PM
I had the same experience. My paint felt "sticky" after it dried on its own, and couldn't use my "california" duster until I had washed the car again with something different--the duster was only able to drag the dust around instead of just removing it, making a bigger mess than what I started with.

Interesting that their promotional literature claims that the soap does not remove wax.

TTYL
David

Yup, my cali duster looked like it was scratching the paint after the car dried!!! We had a meet the next day and my detailing spray didn't do anything...paint still felt "rough".

Petrograde
07-13-2004, 06:23 PM

what kind of wax are you guys using? I haven't noticed anything like that at all... I use Zaino,..

hmmm,... I always put a coat or two Z-2 after washing,.. if it is stripping it maybe thats why I haven't noticed.

Tallboy
07-16-2004, 07:53 AM
:down: ok, the wife bought me a mr. clean autodry system for my birthday. i figured i'd try it out on her car first. 2001 malibu ls, bronze metallic paint. car is garaged. backed it out this morning and followed instructions. rinsed it with the filtered water twice. water marks on all upper surfaces. paint felt like someone sprayed it with trim adhesive. a quick shot of instant detailer got rid of the water spots, but the paint still feels very sticky.

it's going back.

David Morton
07-19-2004, 10:39 PM
It stripped my wax also...At first I couldn't figure out why my car's paint felt "sticky" after it "dried by itself". The super smoothness was all gone.Super smoothness has to be worth something in the 1/4 mile and probably 3 or 4 MPH on the top end. :lol:

BTW, I never use a rag or mitt of any kind on my car. I always use a brush. Rags will hold grains of sand that scratch the clearcoat ever so slightly, almost imperceptibly until one day you catch a glimpse of that sunburst-like evenly scratched surface and then it's too late. Also, if I go to a carwash it's the touch-free type.

merc406
07-19-2004, 11:52 PM
S :censor: t, glad I didn't try this stuff, only put water on the 63 4-5 times a year to wash it, I use any type of hair conditioner instead of soap.

Joe Walsh
07-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Super smoothness has to be worth something in the 1/4 mile and probably 3 or 4 MPH on the top end. :lol:

BTW, I never use a rag or mitt of any kind on my car. I always use a brush. Rags will hold grains of sand that scratch the clearcoat ever so slightly, almost imperceptibly until one day you catch a glimpse of that sunburst-like evenly scratched surface and then it's too late. Also, if I go to a carwash it's the touch-free type.
HMMMM, Maybe all those TYPE 'R' and VTEC stickers are slowing down the RICERS!

David Morton
07-22-2004, 12:23 AM
HMMMM, Maybe all those TYPE 'R' and VTEC stickers are slowing down the RICERS!I think they would be losing more in the 1/4 mile from the added WEIGHT of the stickers, whereas the added wind resistance hit's them very hard on the top end where their torque curve drops down into the single digits. :D