PDA

View Full Version : Team Ford/Marauder Only Dyno-Tune

TAF
07-12-2004, 06:17 PM
I just wanted to see a level of interest in having a special tuning day, just for Marauders at Team Ford of Marietta. This would be your opportunity to have Aric tune your car EXACTLY how you want it...in a TRUE custom tune fashion with the SCT software. Aric and I are going to do some "fine-tuning" on mine over the next couple of days...and I'd mentioned to him that there may be interest in putting together a day (or two days) of tuning, maybe around our September "Breakfast Club" (Saturday the 18th and maybe Sunday the 19th).

How many would be interested? This would NOT be for only the Southern Marauders...ALL would be invited!!!

Donny Carlson
07-12-2004, 06:19 PM
I just wanted to see a level of interest in having a special tuning day, just for Marauders at Team Ford of Marietta. This would be your opportunity to have Aric tune your car EXACTLY how you want it...in a TRUE custom tune fashion with the SCT software. Aric and I are going to do some "fine-tuning" on mine over the next couple of days...and I'd mentioned to him that there may be interest in putting together a day (or two days) of tuning, maybe around our September "Breakfast Club" (Saturday the 18th and maybe Sunday the 19th).

How many would be interested? This would NOT be for only the Southern Marauders...ALL would be invited!!!I

Hey YOU KNOW I'm in!!

Glenn
07-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Todd:

Flash tune or SCT Tuner tune?? Flash tune I would definitely be interested.

Glenn

FordNut
07-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Sounds nice. Mine should be all done before then but maybe I'll have a little something new to be tweaked.

Agent M79
07-12-2004, 07:49 PM
We talked about a Carolina/Southern meet for August or September where we would roll on down to Atlanta.

We wanted to perhaps come down in that time frame if a certain unnamable project were to be completed and was showing. That plus some special MM dyno-tuning would be cool. I know I would like some tweaks.

How about that? Could make a whole weekend of both those things, eh?

Marauderman
07-12-2004, 08:09 PM
We talked about a Carolina/Southern meet for August or September where we would roll on down to Atlanta.

We wanted to perhaps come down in that time frame if a certain unnamable project were to be completed and was showing. That plus some special MM dyno-tuning would be cool. I know I would like some tweaks.

How about that? Could make a whole weekend of both those things, eh?
.huh.....hear whats being said here Toddmiester......can you fudge alittle with some dates maybe for a better acurate date of sorts maybe....meaning, a "show time" so we can plan on such an event and if possible take-in-to -account some of these other great adventures.....

TAF
07-12-2004, 08:27 PM
"Show Time" will be WAY before September...in a few weeks!!! I'll keep you informed though, my friend. :up:

merc
07-12-2004, 08:38 PM
What about Saturday July 24rd. That's the only time I can find to make the trip in the next couple of months. :rasta: Sorry if that doesn't match dates that others are planning, but I need my tranny tuned badly. :o

TAF
07-12-2004, 08:45 PM
What about Saturday July 24rd. That's the only time I can find to make the trip in the next couple of months. :rasta: Sorry if that doesn't match dates that others are planning, but I need my tranny tuned badly. :o
Hey Mark...I got your message, was going to call you on the phone in the a.m.
The 24th I'll get you hooked-up with Aric...no problem...even though you SHOULD get down here THIS week.....:P :D

67435animal
07-13-2004, 02:28 AM

How many would be interested? This would NOT be for only the Southern Marauders...ALL would be invited!!!

Todd, I'm in. I'd like mine fine tuned now that I have driven it for a month or so.

Bob

Black Terror
07-13-2004, 05:07 AM
Todd, I'm in if Electric Water Pump comes in time for installation. I am waiting on Control Arms until Pump arrives. See you Saturday.

Paul T. Casey
07-13-2004, 05:17 PM
That might work for me, the September date. I'm not too sure exactly when I'm headed for TVA this fall, but I'll check. I can see it now, a late September tune, then try to behave until the Heavyweight Shootout. One of my favorite pasttimes is Maraudering Impalas! :rock:

TooManyFords
07-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Since I won't have to drive a POS back from SC, I'm in Todd!

John

TAF
07-13-2004, 08:33 PM
John, Paul...it would be GREAT to have BOTH you come down...(all we'd need to do is find a "Ringo" to come...we already have a couple "Georges" here in the A-T-L)

I spoke with Aric today that I'd received several responses here and in PMs....we'll see what we can put together over the next few weeks. :up:

We could probably have 60-65 cars in for this!!! :rock:

FordNut
07-14-2004, 05:16 AM
Todd,
I finally got ahold of Aric. I'm scheduled for Sat, July 24th for tuning. By the time we have the group Dyno Day I'll probably have another little surprise to try out (no tuning, just a test).

White Knuckles
07-14-2004, 05:54 AM
Todd,
Count me in for the tune------been on an adventurous road trip-----just picked up MM from Team Collision yesterday and dropped off with Scott to correct the remainder-----long story, see ya Saturday

TAF
07-14-2004, 06:09 AM
Todd,
Count me in for the tune------been on an adventurous road trip-----just picked up MM from Team Collision yesterday and dropped off with Scott to correct the remainder-----long story, see ya Saturday
I saw it over there yesterday George...it looks GREAT! :up:

See ya Saturday!

TAF
07-23-2004, 01:30 PM
O.K. time for an update on this. I spoke with Aric this afternoon, and the dates are set for October 16th & 17th (which will correspond with that months Southern Marauder's "Breakfast Club".

Here's what can take place:

Custom dyno-tune by Aric using the SCT software to either provide you with a 4-bank chip OR a Flasher for your EEC...your choice.

Right now, we'd need to see #s/level of interest...no commitments yet. Once we see the level of responses, we'll then give more detailed info on how you can reserve your spot on the schedule.

Keep in mind, what we are talking about here is a CUSTOM Dyno-tune...not "throw the car on...get a RWHP/RWTQ #...change a couple settings...1 more run and here's your new numbers..." What we are talking about is customizing shift-points, TC lockups, shift-firmness, etc. etc. etc. Aric will work with you for your individual needs/wants to customize your program however you want.

Those that have interest at this point can PM me with your interest of getting on the preliminary list (no $ to change hands yet) so we can get an idea of participation. We are prepared to have the Dyno at Team Ford to ourselves for 2 whole days!

Let me know.

jspradii
07-23-2004, 03:21 PM
I would likely be up for this, with this much advance notice.

tmac1337
07-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Is there any chance for minor mod installation as well over these 2 days? (ex. water pump).

Donny Carlson
07-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Is there any chance for minor mod installation as well over these 2 days? (ex. water pump).
Depends on whether Scott or Jason are working that Saturday. They don't do mods on Sunday. If either are off, they will likely be agreeable to putting in your pump. Jason does an excellent job, subsitutes a circuit breaker for the fuse in the wiring kit.

Normally, I would be waving my hand in the air, saying I'm In!! But my tune us pretty much perfected at this time. That's not to say I won't be there both days doing my best to annoy people.

blacksnake
07-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Count me in!

Silver_04
07-26-2004, 04:33 PM
I am so there. Thanks Todd! By that time I should have all of my mods done and if for whatever reason I have to be out of town I'm sure I could find someone to take care of my car for me :)

BTW, sorry I wasn't able to make it to the CB last Sat. I had, uh, more pressing issues he he he.

MARAUDERCHICK
07-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Count me in Todd.......I SERIOUSLY need a CUSTOM tune!!

Thanks for setting this up!!!:up:

Kathy

TAF
07-26-2004, 05:48 PM
O.K. Here's the story as to where we are....

First...thanks to all of you that have PM'd and emailed interest. Sorry you have not gotten individual responses yet...but, I WILL get back to EVERYONE...so please continue your extraordinary patience.

Second, some have asked about "Whether any mod installs can take place during this weekend." And it looks like the answer to that is going to be a BIG "YES"!!! I spoke with Scott & Jason today, and they would both be interested in spending the weekend installing gears, Meziere waterpumps, Metco Intakes...etc.

Third...I'll start to put together a list of those who have shown interest so far by getting in touch with me (remember...just 'cause your name is on the initial list...there is NO obligation from you...you just said you'd be interested).

Fourth...next steps will come in the next couple of weeks, which would include more detailed info on your wants/needs. For example....
You just need a tune, but you prefer to get a flash over a chip
You need a Meziere waterpump installed and would like a before/after (tune) Dyno
You just want the opportunity to have a custom tune by Aric.
You just need install of Metco Control Arms and WATTS link

Thanks for your continued interest and patience...I'll be in touch with each of you soon.

67435animal
07-27-2004, 01:18 AM
Count me in Todd.......I SERIOUSLY need a CUSTOM tune!!

Thanks for setting this up!!!:up:

Kathy

Now, Kathy...your car will behave very differently after a tune. You're gonna love it.

Bob

Silver_04
07-27-2004, 04:01 AM
Since they are doing mod work too, put me towards the top of the list to get things done. :up:

TAF
09-01-2004, 08:01 AM
UPDATE:

Go HERE http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12471

for an update to this thread.

gonzo50
09-02-2004, 12:29 PM
This was quoted back in 7-26-04 and I was just wondering if the install of gears was for both days, Sat. & Sun. and also if they would do the axel bearing check and replacing with new kit if necessary under warranty ? :dunno:

O.K. Here's the story as to where we are......some have asked about "Whether any mod installs can take place during this weekend." And it looks like the answer to that is going to be a BIG "YES"!!! I spoke with Scott & Jason today, and they would both be interested in spending the weekend installing gears, Meziere waterpumps, Metco Intakes...etc.

.....I'll start to put together a list of those who have shown interest so far by getting in touch with me (remember...just 'cause your name is on the initial list...there is NO obligation from you....you just said you'd be interested).

Thanks for your continued interest and patience...I'll be in touch with each of you soon.

I'm interested in gears installation with complete bearing kit, girdle and axel fix if possible for late Sat. or early Sun. :popcorn: I know there is no obligation on my part if I can not make it, :hide: please put me on the list anyways, :razz: Thanks. :run:

Patrick
09-03-2004, 01:44 AM
This was quoted back in 7-26-04 and I was just wondering if the install of gears was for both days, Sat. & Sun. and also if they would do the axel bearing check and replacing with new kit if necessary under warranty ? :dunno:

I'm interested in gears installation with complete bearing kit, girdle and axel fix if possible for late Sat. or early Sun. :popcorn: I know there is no obligation on my part if I can not make it, :hide: please put me on the list anyways, :razz: Thanks. :run:

Look forward to seeing you again Carlos!!!

gdmjoe
09-23-2004, 06:18 PM
UPDATE:

Go HERE http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12471

for an update to this thread.
The above URL is no longer valid ... need "Brandon's" telephone#.

*Course a valid link would be of benefit to. :D

Agent M79
09-23-2004, 06:21 PM
The above URL is no longer valid ... need "Brandon's" telephone#.

*Course a valid link would be of benefit to. :D
Not sure why that thread would be gone, but you can call Brandon at (678) 581-4795.

gdmjoe
09-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Not sure why that thread would be gone, but you can call Brandon at (678) 581-4795.
Mucho danke.

TAF
09-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Dave & Joe...please check your respective emails/PMs.

All others....hang tight, more info coming.

Silver_04
09-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Mucho danke.

Germish?

Anyways, I just want to post this again...
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~ctt9/images/Marauder_dyno/Evil_car.jpg

gdmjoe
09-24-2004, 08:59 AM
Dave & Joe...please check your respective emails/PMs.
Thanks ! Contact was made with Brandon @ Team Ford; I'm on the list.

gdmjoe
09-29-2004, 01:52 PM
Well the 01Oct gotta have your deposit deadline is rapidly approaching so ..... what's up ? *he asked inquisitively.