PDA

View Full Version : Motor City Marauders Going To Indy...

MI2QWK4U
07-12-2004, 07:01 PM
It might be a good idea to begin to plan when we are going down to Indy. Ask anyone that went to Ennis last year, driving down as a group is a blast! For us getting to Indy is simple enough of a drive. A lot of us will be Drag Racing on Friday, and were planning on heading down Thursday afternoon to be settled in for Friday. I am planning on leaving early Sunday morning to get back to Michigan by 12 or 1pm. For those that dont know, Sunday at noon is the Clinton Twp Gratiot Cruise, and is claiming to be the second or third largest cruise in Michigan. The cruise goes from 14 mile up to Mt Clemens and should be a good time. I was going to ask the Ford Dealership if they would host a few Motor City Marauders for the Cruise. Wild Woodys is just south of 14 mile on gratiot for reference. Please vote in the poll and speak up as to when you want to leave and if you want to join the convoy to indy.

MarauderMike
07-12-2004, 07:28 PM
I voted for Friday morning, however I can make Thursday work out, although my hotel reservations are for Friday and Saturday, but I'll go along with the group however it works out.

bigslim
07-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Me and Paul talked Sunday about this very thing. We felt that we may want to leave on Thursday to be there for everything Friday. Thursday afternoon will work for me.

Bigdogjim
07-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Ask anyone that went to Ennis last year, driving down as a group is a blast!

Right on the money!! :rock:

A convoy of Marauder is awesome :bounce:

We had a blast last year traveled through 9 states. had close to 25(?) Marauder by the time we got to Maraudervill I. :bows: :bows:

MikesMerc
07-13-2004, 04:12 AM
I'd prefer Friday early morning, but I can make it Thursday evening. I won't be able to swing anything earlier...have to work Thursday for sure.

Hack Goby
07-13-2004, 05:34 AM
Darryl and I talked leaving Thursday but if we leave early friday we will get there early enough that we wont miss that much.That would be ok with me.Darryl.any thoughts about this?Darryl I just rememberd that you are dragracing your car so any way you want to do it is fine with me.

MI2QWK4U
07-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Who is going to Drag race? I thought that it would be at least myself, Lidio, Jerry B, Mike Z, Mike A....Paul likes running the 1/4, so I figured he would run the silver bullet, just thinking that for those that are going to run, you want to get an early start before it gets HOT. I think Mike Z will agree with me on that one. Our cars will run better in the morning before the heat sets in, and it will give us time to clean up before the BBQ. It was nice getting to Norwalk in the evening, having a nice dinner, get the car ready, sleep good, wake up and grab breakfast and be at the track in 10 min. Makes for a much more relaxing start to the weekend! As much as I want to convoy down, I am not getting up at 4 or 5 in the morning friday to make it down by 9 am to the track and run the car after driving for 4 1/2 hours. I will be leaving some time thursday afternoon or evening, if that works into your schedule, great, if not, I will catch you in Indy whenever you get there. So much for a convoy...

Hack Goby
07-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Just went and added one more day so its Thursday for Darryl and I.I didnt sign up for drag racing so can I still?

MI2QWK4U
07-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Yes, you can still register for drag racing. PM Logan for details and the rate, I think you can pay at the gate, but not 100% sure on that.

kirk
07-13-2004, 05:44 PM
I am going down Friday morning if there is anyone who would like to meet on this side of the state and convoy down.

MikesMerc
07-13-2004, 07:14 PM
I can head down Thursday evening. How early of a start? If I pre pack I might be able to hit the road by 4 or 5 pm.

I'll need to make reservations for another night asap, or find someone to crash with. So let's try to resolve this quick:)

BTW, dave is right, the cooler the better!

MarauderMike
07-13-2004, 07:32 PM
I'm good to go anytime after 4 on Thursday, like Mike I need to change reservations if it's even possible to do so at this point. Paul and Darryl, are you both taking your cars or riding together?

bigslim
07-13-2004, 08:30 PM
Mike, we will be driving both our cars down there. We can make plans to leave Thursday afternoon or evening.

Hack Goby
07-14-2004, 04:20 AM
I had no problem getting a room yesterday so get on the horn and give them a call.

MI2QWK4U
07-14-2004, 08:53 PM
I am planning on leaving early Sunday morning to get back to Michigan by 12 or 1pm. For those that dont know, Sunday at noon is the Clinton Twp Gratiot Cruise, and is claiming to be the second or third largest cruise in Michigan. The cruise goes from 14 mile up to Mt Clemens and should be a good time. I was going to ask the Ford Dealership if they would host a few Motor City Marauders for the Cruise. Wild Woodys is just south of 14 mile on gratiot for reference.

Is anyone intersted in having a spot reserved at Dorian Ford on Sunday for the Gratiot cruise on August 1st?

bigslim
07-14-2004, 09:39 PM
Dave, I will probably get back and unwind and make up some lost time with my girlfriend. ;)

MarauderMike
07-15-2004, 03:23 AM
Dave, I'd go to Dorian. You're doing a great job, as usual!

CRUZTAKER
07-15-2004, 09:58 AM
I realize that the majority of the Motorcity folks are leaving sometime Thursday....but...

If any of you are leaving Wednesday, and running I-75 all the way down, there are several of us meeting in Dayton Ohio (I-70 & I-75 interchange) and touring the Wright Patterson AFB museum about 2:00-3:00 in the afternoon and rolling into Indy from there.

If interested, contact GordonB or myself via PM.

MI2QWK4U
07-15-2004, 12:31 PM
I realize that the majority of the Motorcity folks are leaving sometime Thursday....but...

If any of you are leaving Wednesday, and running I-75 all the way down, there are several of us meeting in Dayton Ohio (I-70 & I-75 interchange) and touring the Wright Patterson AFB museum about 2:00-3:00 in the afternoon and rolling into Indy from there.

If interested, contact GordonB or myself via PM.

Thanks for the offer, but leaving thursday is pushing it for some of us, I don't think wednesday is even remotely possible.

bigslim
07-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the offer Barry. I will stay with my plans to leave Thursday.

CRUZTAKER
07-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Yup yup :up:

Meteorite
07-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Depending upon what time, I may be interested in joining a Thursday afternoon caravan. I'll probably end up leaving mid-day Thursday, though. With my daughter along, we'll most likely hit every Rest Area between here and Indy.

I'll be drag racing on Friday also. Not saying the car will be fast, but I've been known to come up with one or two good reaction times in my day. :)

MikesMerc
07-21-2004, 03:59 AM
After talking with a few folks, it seems we're gonna have a large caravan heading down Thursday between 3-6 PM. We'll be narrowing that time down as the day approaches.

For those who wish to caravan down on Thursday with us, you can start planning to leave in that time time range.

More details to follow....

Lowell
07-26-2004, 05:21 PM
I will not motor down with you. Charlie and I are leaving early Thursday morning. We will leave W. Lafayette IN At about 2:00 P.M. C.S.T. See you in Indy!

bigslim
07-26-2004, 05:36 PM
See you and Charlie down there Lowell. Should be a blast.

MI2QWK4U
07-27-2004, 07:42 PM
It is looking like the departure time will be around 6pm on Thursday. Lidio has a couple of commitments thursday afternoon, and I dont mind waiting so we can travel together.

MarauderMike
07-27-2004, 07:55 PM
That might work out better anyway, let some of the traffic clear out of town. Is Jerry going on this excursion?

MikesMerc
07-27-2004, 07:56 PM
6pm is great by me:)

MI2QWK4U
07-27-2004, 08:22 PM
That might work out better anyway, let some of the traffic clear out of town. Is Jerry going on this excursion?

Which Jerry Mike? Jerry Barnes is heading down around 1 pm thursday for a meeting with the IMOA folks about being confirmed as the Regional Chapter President for the IMOA.

Is Jerry Danger going?

MI2QWK4U
07-27-2004, 08:34 PM
So for the drive down thursday around 6pm, it sounds like we have:
Dave
Mike Z
Mike A
Darryl
Paul L
Lidio
Trilogy 1 (Mikael or Ben?)
Paul E

Is this correct?

Most likely we will choose a spot to meet near I94, possibly at the Trilogy office where we could hop on the Southfield and catch 94 and be on our way...

Dont forget the FRS radios!! They are a must have for the wild drive down.

MarauderMike
07-28-2004, 03:39 AM
I was referring to Jerry B. We'll have to work in time on Friday to register with the IMOA as we will be getting there to late Thursday night. You might want to consider a meeting point just west of Ann Arbor for everyone to hook up to keep us out of the constructions messes along 94. I know there are two construction areas along 94 out to I-69 but they are short and shouldn't be any problem. Looks like I'll get my chance to get to Milan tonight for a little practice session. See if I can get a good launch without the widened rims, if I can't get that I'm a dead duck bracket racing. See you all tomorrow.

Hack Goby
07-28-2004, 10:09 AM
I going to head out a little early now, 6:00 is a bit late for me seeing I have the day off so I wiil see you guys when you get there.

bigslim
07-28-2004, 03:57 PM
I got everything in order. I will leave with you Paul. I would like to get there and meet and enjoy some of the others. 1:00pm at Trilogy. You can't ride by yourself.

Lowell
07-28-2004, 04:11 PM
See you there boys, about 4:30-500 P.M. C.S.T.. :beer: :banana: :banana2:

MI2QWK4U
07-28-2004, 04:14 PM
So basically we are all heading down on our own? Wonderful, that will make for a fun drive.

Hack Goby
07-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Sorry Dave,This all started that it would be sometime after noon,then it got to be around 4:30 now 6:00.I just don`t want to pull in around midnite then have to be up early the next day.you still have a five car convoy.

SergntMac
07-28-2004, 05:02 PM
So basically we are all heading down on our own? Wonderful, that will make for a fun drive.
Man-oh-man, Dave...You driving down alone?

Unlike MV-I, we now have members on site right now. Be advised that Zack, MM03MOK, RFOverlord, mercman, BigJoeP, BigDogJim, Cruzer (and a lot more I don't know) are at our hotel in Indy as I type this post.

I'm sure you can call any of them for any advanced assistance you may want or need while OTR.

So...Any of y'all still on the roads to Indy, dig out those cell phone numbers and call your friends for the latest OTR 411 stuff.

Y'all have a fun and safe drive, K?

Hack Goby
07-28-2004, 05:18 PM
This is why I am leaving early.I want to relax and have a few pints with old friends.Most of the Motor City crew are working then leaving but I have a 4 day weekend and I want to make the most of it.

MI2QWK4U
07-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Man-oh-man, Dave...You driving down alone?

Actually Sarge, that doesn't sound half bad.

MikesMerc
07-28-2004, 06:48 PM
I think we'll have Dave, Lidio, and myself as the late leaving crew. Sound about right Dave?

MarauderMike
07-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Looks like I'm going to head out around 4. I'd like to get down early enough to get registered with the IMOA crew over at their hotel and then get over to the MVII hotel and get checked in. I'll see you all in Indy. Drive safe everyone.

MarauderMike
07-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Forgot to mention, I also have an 8 x 8 canopy I'm bringing along. Still bringing the FRS's also. might be useful while in INDY at the tracks and at the show.

bigslim
07-28-2004, 11:56 PM
Everyone drive safely. I will see everyone in Indy. Dave, observe the speed limit (Ha-Ha).

Lowell
07-29-2004, 03:04 AM
Black 03 on the road! :banana:

MarauderMike
07-29-2004, 06:53 AM
Turns out I'm leaving between 12 and 1. Can't wait to get there!! Safe driving everyone!

bigslim
07-29-2004, 07:58 AM
Just talked to Mike and it will be the Paul, Mike and Darryl show cruising down.