PDA

View Full Version : New orders, how much lead time?

MMSuperFan
07-15-2004, 04:47 PM
Nick,

If I placed an order on the 7/16 when could I expect my headers?

Ron

FiveO
07-15-2004, 05:04 PM
Guessing minimum 3 weeks probably more like 5.

I ordered mine 6-21-04 and they haven't arrived yet.

It'll be worth the wait when they do though!

MMSuperFan
07-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Guessing minimum 3 weeks probably more like 5.

I ordered mine 6-21-04 and they haven't arrived yet.

It'll be worth the wait when they do though!
I am counting on that "worth the wait" part.

Thought seriously about going with the DR cobra mani's, but after reading many of the posts about the kook's headers, I decided this is the way to go.

FiveO
07-15-2004, 05:51 PM
I saw them installed on TooManyFords car at Cedar Falls Raceway last Friday...

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Can't wait for mine!

Logan
07-15-2004, 06:11 PM
DEFINATELY worth the wait. Quality takes time. :) :up:

Petrograde
07-15-2004, 06:13 PM
I can't wait to win these at the M'ville 2 raffle!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Big Joe P
07-15-2004, 10:10 PM
I ordered my complete kit on June 7th and I haven't received it yet....... Patience.....Patients like a Doctor...........

Logan
07-16-2004, 05:17 AM
I'd call and check up... A month might be a bit long to wait. Can't hurt to give them a quick shout.

valkyrie
07-16-2004, 05:23 AM
I can't wait to win these at the M'ville 2 raffle!!!!!!!!! :cool:

I already have dibs on the win. :banana2:

BillyGman
07-16-2004, 10:58 AM
For what it's worth, I waited 6 weeks last year when I got mine. But Like it's already been stated here, they're worth the wait. I think that some people do get them in about three weeks. Perhaps it depends on how busy Kooks is when you happen to place your order.

Big Joe P
07-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Yeah... I've talked to "Armando" the past two Monday's.... I got "should ship this Thursday" each time. I don't mind waiting, but when I ordered them I said specifically " there is a Marauder event July 28th and I need some time to get them installed and get a re-tune BEFORE then" I was told on June 7th that "that won't be a problem, you'll have plenty of time...."
To clarify, I'm not crying about the wait, I just want everyone to know how long it's taking.

Dan
07-18-2004, 10:43 AM
I think that all of us who placed an order for a set of headers in June, just before Kooks was "placing an order", have a reasonable expectation from Kooks to let us know here what the status of those orders is.

Will the Kooks guys please give us an update? If one of us calls, please ask them to check here and give the rest of us an update, too.

Thanks,

Dan

BillyGman
07-18-2004, 12:53 PM
I'd be surprised to hear that the delay would have anything to do w/Kooks placing an order, since they have mandrel bending equipment right on the premises, and they fabricate their own headers. The only thing I could imagine them having to wait for would be the Magnaflow mufflers.

Perhaps the extra wait might simply be due to this being part of the racing season where they're located, and I know that they make headers for all types of serious racing engines. So perhaps they're just super busy. I think that's simply what you can expect from doing business w/a place that has a product that's in demand. Remember that Kooks doesn't only make headers for Marauders, nor only for street cars. Kooks is well known in racing circles for having great headers. If the girl who usually answers the phone keeps telling you guys that your orders should "go out this week", then you should start calling up and ask for Nick to make sure that he's aware of your inquiries. he's not a bad guy to deal with. I hope this helps. But either way, I think that the 6 weeks that I waited was worth it.

FiveO
07-18-2004, 01:41 PM
I'd be surprised to hear that the delay would have anything to do w/Kooks placing an order, since they have mandrel bending equipment right on the premises, and they fabricate their own headers. The only thing I could imagine them having to wait for would be the Magnaflow mufflers.

Perhaps the extra wait might simply be due to this being part of the racing season where they're located, and I know that they make headers for all types of serious racing engines. So perhaps they're just super busy. I think that's simply what you can expect from doing business w/a place that has a product that's in demand. Remember that Kooks doesn't only make headers for Marauders, nor only for street cars. Kooks is well known in racing circles for having great headers. If the girl who usually answers the phone keeps telling you guys that your orders should "go out this week", then you should start calling up and ask for Nick to make sure that he's aware of your inquiries. he's not a bad guy to deal with. I hope this helps. But either way, I think that the 6 weeks that I waited was worth it.

What time of the year did you order?

As you said...busiest time of the year for racing...

BillyGman
07-18-2004, 01:54 PM
What time of the year did you order?

As you said...busiest time of the year for racing...I placed my order in October, and received it in early December. So there ya go.

CRUZTAKER
07-18-2004, 02:52 PM
Let's not forget...as the end of the MM run hits home, and more new buyers hit this site and discover quality mods, more and more will buy KOOKS exhaust kits to achieve the ultimate breathability and HP increases.

When I ordered last November, the sales were slow, but steady. I received them in a few weeks and they actually sat in my garage till spring. Sales hit these HOT time and orders come in quickly so the wait time increases as these were not only custom designed for us, they are custom made as well.

This is a good op to thank George and Nick once again for taking the risk on a specialized product for such a limited run car.

THANKS GUYS!!!
:up:

BillyGman
07-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Ditto!!! Nobody else that I know of makes real conventional headers let alone a complete Hi-perf bolt-on exhaust system for our cars. Thanks for stepping up to the plate KOOKS. And it's a great product at that. :up:

Dan
07-18-2004, 09:08 PM
All good points. I only ordered mine about three weeks ago. If I sounded impatient it was not my intention. I was just trying to say that, in spite of how long or short the time may be in the minds of some, it is only those with an order currently outstanding who can question the delivery time.

Best,

Dan

Dan
07-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Please also recognize that few of us can wait for these things to be installed. I mean, how often does one get to bolt on 50 ponies? :) I think that enthusiasm for a product makes it harder to be patient or easier to be impatient.

I am sure that Kooks understands. :)

Dan

BillyGman
07-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean Dan. When i oredered mine last October, I was chompin at the bit hoping that I would get them in time to get em on the car and go racing. And meanwhile there was threats of possible snowfall in the weather forcasts from day to day. I finally got the order in early December, and installed everything on my car barely in time to race the Impala SS guys as well as my rival MartyO in Atco,NJ on a cold day of December 13th!!!!

I never thought I would ever race at the track that late in the year, but it turned out pretty good. However the 6 week wait was trying my patience.

FiveO
07-21-2004, 10:33 AM
My full Kooks setup shipped today.

Should have it by Friday :D :banana2:

Its going in within a couple of weeks...gotta get a few other things installed too!

Dan
07-21-2004, 10:44 AM
My full Kooks setup shipped today.

Should have it by Friday :D :banana2:

Its going in within a couple of weeks...gotta get a few other things installed too!

This is COOL. I hope that also means that I can call them and set up my install, too. WooHoo!

Dan
07-22-2004, 06:57 AM
I called Kooks this morning and was informed that the most recent batch of headers orders was shipped to Marauder owners yesterday.

I don't know who is close to them than I am so I will post here as soon as I get mine. I suspect that many of us will get them on the same day.

Best,

Dan