PDA

View Full Version : Marauderville II - Drag Racing Format

Logan
07-18-2004, 06:31 PM
All,

I've been getting questions on how the Drag Racing event will be handled. We've settled on a bracket setup, with a "Race of Champions" at the end to roll-it all up.

Classes:

11.99 and Faster
12.00 to 12.99
13.00 to 13.99
14.00 and Up

We will have two trophies for each class, a 1st Place and a Runner Up. In Addition, there will be a Trophy for Fastest ET and a trophy for the Slowest ET :D

The Winner from each class will move on to the Race of Champions. Will again, will be a bracket race in two rounds to determine the winner of the entire event. There will be trophies for the 1st and 2nd place Race of Champions Participants.

In addition to the above, we will accept a LIMITED number of pre-arranged GRUDGE matches. A Grudge match is a Heads up, first one to the end wins type of race. If you're interested in a grudge match and have someone in mind AND They agree, BOTH of you need to send ME an email by July 28th at the LATEST to be included on the grudge match list. Email logan@mercurymarauder.net

Gates open at 8AM SHARP. Time trials will go from 9AM to 11:30AM and the RACE IS ON as of 12 NOON. We will race until about 4PM and wrap things up with the trophy presentation. After which, it's over to Kenny Brown for a BBQ Party!

Keep in mind that the IMOA show grounds are open on Friday and you also have to register with the IMOA on Friday too.

We will require a number of volunteer's to help out running the event. I will be doing SOME announcing, SOME racing, SOME mingling and heck, even greeting folks arriving at the track (and making sure y'all paid your dues! ;) )

It's going to be a kickin' event and I'm really looking forward to seeing some old, and alot of new faces this year!!

CRUZTAKER
07-18-2004, 06:36 PM
OK, I'm still learning here....

What I recently learned in the FFW bracket races associated with the 'true street' class was that not only must we not exceed our dial in, but most importantly, the best R/T wins that match. Is that how we are doing it here?

BTW: I made it to the final 6 of 150 or so and was unable to achieve better than a .713 on a .500 tree.

sailsmen
07-18-2004, 06:58 PM
At the track I run at they place a devider between the lights on the tree so you cannot see your competitors lite. There is a digital display before the burnout area displaying both cars dial in.

If you are dialed in at 14.5 and your competitor is 14.0, your lite will turn green .5 before his does. Whoever crosses the finish line first wins. :rock:

MI2QWK4U
07-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Logan has graciously opened the door, so who is up for a grunge match or two? Anyone want a piece of Dave and #2? I really dont think grunge is the best name for it, but I do want to race other folks with other setups and get a real time feel for how it compairs to mine. Tossing me a set of keys is nice for a test drive, but the 1/4 mile is where you tell whats up. Personally I would like to go head to head with for example: one or both of the vortech setups; a trilogy setup with wild gears, like logan or billy; a trilogy car with the kooks on it (maybe Mike will have his done by then). Curiosity has been killing me for months, and I'm sure its been thought about by more than just me! This is a prime time for all of us to have these various setups in the same weather and track conditions, and try to see what things work and dont work. Just a thought.....agree? disagree?

CRUZTAKER
07-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Uhh...not me:cool:

Bradley G
07-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Uhh...not me:cool:Me Either:help:

teamrope
07-18-2004, 09:42 PM
I wonder what percentage of nitro to pump gas ratio the 4.6 can handle....Naa, I'll wait till I get the S/C.:lol:

sailsmen
07-19-2004, 04:30 AM
grunge - rock music incorporating punk or heavymetal

grudge - unwilling to give or admit

Logan
07-19-2004, 05:12 AM
Dave.... You're on. :D

Match #1 = IAMQWKRTHANU (Logan) vs MI2QWK4U

:D

Brutus
07-19-2004, 05:23 AM

LMAO...................

teamrope
07-19-2004, 07:23 AM

Looks like it's on!

MI2QWK4U
07-19-2004, 07:23 AM

Cool, Trilogy with wild gears AND kooks....

Bigdogjim
07-20-2004, 12:03 AM
Looks like the Marshall's got his work cut out for him:)

CRUZTAKER
07-20-2004, 05:04 AM
.....but most importantly, the best R/T wins that match. Is that how we are doing it here?
Hey Logan, what format are we doing? E/T'S or R/T's?

Logan
07-20-2004, 05:46 AM
I've never heard of a bracket where the race is decided on a reaction time there Barry.

Anyway, What determine's who wins in a bracket is who's closest to their dial-in without breaking out.

sailsmen
07-20-2004, 05:59 AM
If they use the following format reaction time is a significant factor in who crosses the finish line first.

"At the track I run at they place a devider between the lights on the tree so you cannot see your competitors lite. There is a digital display before the burnout area displaying both cars dial in.

If you are dialed in at 14.5 and your competitor is 14.0, your lite will turn green .5 before his does. Whoever crosses the finish line first wins. "

Logan
07-20-2004, 06:04 AM
Reaction time's are always an important factor. If you blow you R/T by a couple hundreths and he doesn't, he's already got a huge advantage over you, A couple hundreths is easily a half car length or more.

BillyGman
07-25-2004, 09:37 PM
I don't think I'll be able to make it there guys, but I have a possible grudge match lined up for you Barry. ;) It's a guy on the Impala SS board who I assume is from Milwaukee since his username on that board is "Musscle in Milwaukee"...his real name is Scott, and he told me that he's looking for a grudge match against a Marauder at Indy.

I told him that you would be the best candidate for him. If he's serious about this, then I'm sure that he will be getting in touch w/Logan. He has turned a 13.87 ET w/a 97.44 trap speed, however, that was before the 3.73 gears that he's just installed in the rear. So i think it would likely be very close between you and him.

martyo
07-26-2004, 02:40 AM
So i think it would likely be very close between you and him.

Yeh, but Billy, why did you say that Barry would be racing for pink slips????? :P

BillyGman
07-26-2004, 02:54 AM
Well, that's simply a minor detail I chose to leave out........that's just like you Marty to dwell on the trivial matters......

CRUZTAKER
07-26-2004, 03:42 AM
He-he...pink slips....he won't want mine! 2 1/2 years of car note left on this pink slip makes it more of a red slip!:P

Well...I'll race him. Why not? GT's have gotten boring.:cool:

2003 MIB
07-26-2004, 04:45 AM
Buckwheat (John) and I would like to stage a grudge match as well. At stake will be the largely silly claim of "Fastest N/A Marauder in North Texas".

martyo
07-26-2004, 04:47 AM
At stake will be the largely silly claim...

Those are some of the best claims to have fun-fightsover!! :beer:

cyclone03
07-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Buckwheat (John) and I would like to stage a grudge match as well. At stake will be the largely silly claim of "Fastest N/A Marauder in North Texas".

Hey I may want a piece of this one too.....

I would like to see a "Fastest N/A Marauder" awarded.

BTW N/A meens NO power adders ,No Nitrous.

Chips,tunes,converters and gears allowed.

BillyGman
07-26-2004, 10:26 AM
BTW N/A meens NO power adders ,No Nitrous.

Chips,tunes,converters and gears allowed.Well then what you mean is "stock" Marauders, because the term "N/A" means NATURALLY ASPIRATED, which is no forced induction, and has nothing to do w/headers, converters, gears, or chips. And the term "power adders" is taken from racing track event rules which refers to NOS, Turbos, and S/cers. So your terminology is incorrect. ;)

Logan
07-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Billy. Are you from a different planet? I knew exactly what he meant without pyscho-analyzing the poor guy... Yeesh. ;)

BillyGman
07-26-2004, 10:40 AM
I really still am not sure what he meant. Are you sure that you know? I thought that he might be even more of a novice than I am, and I was simply giving him a friendly pointer incase he needed it. Maybe you know him better than I do. Besides, there are definately other novices on here who would be confused by what he said, and I was also looking out for them. I wasn't trying to be argumantative. Sorry. :D

Logan
07-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Why does everyone want to ask me if I'm sure lately?

cyclone03
07-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Well then what you mean is "stock" Marauders, because the term "N/A" means NATURALLY ASPIRATED, which is no forced induction, and has nothing to do w/headers, converters, gears, or chips. And the term "power adders" is taken from racing track event rules which refers to NOS, Turbos, and S/cers. So your terminology is incorrect. ;)

:argue:

If we do breakdown any type of classes for bragging rights I'm prepared to let Logan set those classes.
My "N/A meens no nitrous" was a reference to an award given last year in Dallas.Didn't effect me so I said nothing.

BTW I think my terminology was correct N/A in every sanctioning body I know of meens no power adders.
At on time the NHRA included Fuel Injection as a "power adder" but that has changed with the OEM injected cars we have now.

MERCMAN
07-26-2004, 10:44 AM
perhaps you have not been taking your medication on a regular basis? :lol:

2003 MIB
07-26-2004, 10:46 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

Classic...

cyclone03
07-26-2004, 10:47 AM
I really still am not sure what he meant. Are you sure that you know? I thought that he might be even more of a novice than I am, and I was simply giving him a friendly pointer incase he needed it. Maybe you know him better than I do. Besides, there are definately other novices on here who would be confused by what he said, and I was also looking out for them. I wasn't trying to be argumantative. Sorry. :D

Trust me I know what I meant.
I hate to say it but I ain't no novice thats for sure.

The above isn't meant to imply that I'm the greatest drag racer to ever beat a car down the 1/4 mile but I do know my way around a bleach box. ;)

cyclone03
07-26-2004, 10:50 AM

Wait tell your kids get a little older,"are you sure" has a whole new meening. :)

Did everybody go before we left?Are you sure? :shot:

BillyGman
07-26-2004, 10:51 AM
I didn't mean to start a debate guys. really, my intentions were well. i didn't know that your comments had any inside references attached, nor anything of the kind. Again, I apologize if there was some type of inside undersatanding between you and Logan concerning your "N/A" comments in your first post concerning this.

All I know is that in the racing events put on by the track at Englishtown, New Jersey which list the term "Power Adders", they only refer to forced induction, as being "Power Adders". And I maintain that "N/A" means Naturally Aspirated. Which refers to the lack of forced induction ( such as Supercharging, and Nitrous oxide injection). Fuel injection is NOT a form of forced induction. Sorry. "Aspiration" means breathing which implies increased rate of oxygen in engines being forced inducted. Fuel injection does NOT force induction.

Logan, it simply sounded to me like you might have misunderstood what Cyclone meant. That's the reason for my question "are you sure?". And in light of his post that followed, I think that he is mistaking. BTW, I hope we can agree that Cruztaker's car for instance, is infact "N/A". If you disagree w/that, then you have a terminology problem.

2003 MIB
07-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Sorry, folks- I guess I started all this- Cyclone 03 I'm happy to include you in our "Non-Grudge No Power Adder Lone Star State Shootout"-:D I'll run with John and then you can "grudge" the winner- cool?

Logan
07-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Don't make me kill you all.

BillyGman
07-26-2004, 11:11 AM

LOL..........

2003 MIB
07-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Logan's T-shirt for Indy.:up:

martyo
07-26-2004, 11:28 AM

Isn't that supposed to be: "Don't make me kill y'all y'all?"

2003 MIB
07-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Isn't that supposed to be: "Don't make me kill y'all y'all?"
I think what you're trying for is, "Don't make me kill all y'all" (pronounced all-a-yawl).

It's Logan though so maybe it's,"Don't make me kill you all, eh..."

MAD-3R
07-26-2004, 01:04 PM
I think what you're trying for is, "Don't make me kill all y'all" (pronounced all-a-yawl).

It's Logan though so maybe it's,"Don't make me kill you all, eh..."

Hmmm I would think it would be a combanation "Don't make me kill all'yall, eh"

MERCMAN
07-26-2004, 01:13 PM
Considering Logan's heritage, I would have thought he would have said,
"kill you all,,, eh?"

cyclone03
07-26-2004, 02:18 PM

I think thats it.
I checked my Canadian-to-Texan,back to Canadian interpritation sheet and that's what it said....

"all'ya'll.eh"

Order up the shirts and business cards.....

2003 MIB
07-26-2004, 06:37 PM

Y'all are going to fit in so well down here!!! :up: Hurry up and move!

mad man
07-27-2004, 04:26 AM
How do you people turn a Drag race forum into a who can't talk right forum :mad2: .This is going to be a great weekend. :burnout: And Logan don't worry were sure that you know whats going on . :up:

2003 MIB
07-27-2004, 04:44 AM
How do you people turn a Drag race forum into a who can't talk right forum :mad2: .This is going to be a great weekend. :burnout: And Logan don't worry were sure that you know whats going on . :up:
You're right!!!!- back on track. I've run 14.243 @97.14 pre-Kooks and underdrives. Buckwheat is somewhere around 14.4 with traction problems that will certainly be addressed with his new wider- black steel wheel mounted rear rubber. I'm in line for dyno tune in Indy and currently run the off-the shelf Reinhart stage 1 chip. I fearlessly predict 13.7 before the sun sets on 30JUL04. That's pretty good for a N/A car- Doesn't touch Barry but I only seek the Republic of Texas N/A title. Do I want a trophy? NO!- I want one of those big WWE Belts!!!!

I'm kinda new to this talking trash thing, I hope I did okay.

BillyGman
07-27-2004, 10:03 AM
How do you people turn a Drag race forum into a who can't talk right forum :mad2: .
It was all Marty's fault, honest!! :eek:

MAD-3R
07-27-2004, 10:43 AM
You're right!!!!- back on track. I've run 14.243 @97.14 pre-Kooks and underdrives. Buckwheat is somewhere around 14.4 with traction problems that will certainly be addressed with his new wider- black steel wheel mounted rear rubber. I'm in line for dyno tune in Indy and currently run the off-the shelf Reinhart stage 1 chip. I fearlessly predict 13.7 before the sun sets on 30JUL04. That's pretty good for a N/A car- Doesn't touch Barry but I only seek the Republic of Texas N/A title. Do I want a trophy? NO!- I want one of those big WWE Belts!!!!

I'm kinda new to this talking trash thing, I hope I did okay.

So your the one I would be gunning for when I move?

2003 MIB
07-28-2004, 03:16 PM
So your the one I would be gunning for when I move?
Yep, Phil- I guess so. If it was anybody else besides you and Tasha- I might encourage y'all to stay up there!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: