PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Captain Steve
07-20-2004, 10:55 PM
I was driving down route 16 in Everett,MA a couple of weeks ago, thinking about what I was going to do about replacing my '94 Explorer. I'm thinking, "Self.. you need to get a sports car" and also "Self.. you love the room in your explorer and you'd hate being jammed into a little tiny sports car.. *sigh* another SUV".

So...I'm at the light at the intersection of Rt28 and this black cop car pulls up in the lane next to me. Only it's not a cop car.. it's a Mercury.. "That looks like one seriously tricked out Grand Marquis", I'm thinking..

So there I am staring at the car, when the light changes and the MM I'm looking at goes away.. "Ooh.. not a Grand Marquis.. WTF is a Marauder?!?" I had never heard of the car.

So, the next day at lunch I started looking around on the internet, trying to find out about these cars. I read about 5 different reviews before I stumbled across this site.

This site was what finally got me seriously thinking about actually buying the car, instead of just dreaming. The enthusiasm of the Marauder owners here rubbed off.

Well, last thursday I took a '04 Marauder for a test drive. I was hooked... I took the weekend and monday to think about it some more, and my enthusiasm didn't fade.. if anything, I wanted the car more as time went by.

So, today, I signed the papers, and tomorrow I'm going to pick up my Marauder.. T minus 7hrs 5minutes and counting..

FiveO
07-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Welcome Cpt. Steve! :up:

Watch this site closely....as its tied to your wallet....you may not believe me now...but give it a few weeks :D The more you read and search...the more you spend!!!

Congrats on the purchase.

Color/year/options....?

...congrats!!!!

Captain Steve
07-20-2004, 11:08 PM
She's an '04, black (of course), moonroof, heated seats.. er. um.. drawing a blank on other options.. she's got all of the normal ones.. leather 8-way seats, Audiophile stereo etc..

12 miles and I put 3 of em on her with my test drive :)

Blue03
07-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Welcome aboard Captain! Your gonna like like your MM and this site! If you have any questions, somebody here will be able to help. Enjoy!!!

Mongoose
07-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Welcome Captain Steve!
If you're getting any rebate money, it would probably pay for a couple of nice mods and a trip to Indy next week. :D

FiveO
07-20-2004, 11:13 PM
She's an '04, black (of course), moonroof, heated seats.. er. um.. drawing a blank on other options.. she's got all of the normal ones.. leather 8-way seats, Audiophile stereo etc..

12 miles and I put 3 of em on her with my test drive :)

Again....congrats!

And watch your wallet...it gets slippery at this site :D

Captain Steve
07-20-2004, 11:15 PM
...And watch your wallet...it gets slippery at this site :D
Yeah, I found myself looking at the SS inserts and the valve covers .. and I don't even have my car yet.. hehe.

:up:

FiveO
07-20-2004, 11:17 PM
I've got the SS Inserts on my Silver 04....and they look great.

I've seen pics of them on all colors...and they look really good.

I'd also highly recommend the Dyno Pro brushed aluminum pedals and door sills....they're $270 together...but well worth it.

JamesHecker
07-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Awesome! Welcome to the community! It's a great car (especially with some mods). Enjoy!

BillyGman
07-21-2004, 01:02 AM
Hey, good choice guy. My favorite color!!!! And welcome aboard!!!!!!

MICA Racing
07-21-2004, 02:30 AM
Welcome to the forums, Steve! Congratsa on buying the MM - you'll love it more every time you drive it. I just got back from a 2800 mile trip from Houston to Ft. Lauderdale and back, and after all those hours in the car, I couldn't wait to get in her and go to work Monday! PS, try the handling out - you don't hear much about it, but I scared the CRAP out of a guy who almost lost his 540i BMW (a very good car) trying to keep up with me thru some S-curves. I felt kind of bad, but he didn't hit anything, and now he knows...:up:

MARAUDER S/C #5
07-21-2004, 03:51 AM
Welcome aboard Captain :up: :burnout:

Bluerauder
07-21-2004, 04:44 AM
"...snip..."
This site was what finally got me seriously thinking about actually buying the car, instead of just dreaming. The enthusiasm of the Marauder owners here rubbed off.

Well, last thursday I took a '04 Marauder for a test drive. I was hooked... I took the weekend and monday to think about it some more, and my enthusiasm didn't fade.. if anything, I wanted the car more as time went by.

So, today, I signed the papers, and tomorrow I'm going to pick up my Marauder.. T minus 7hrs 5minutes and counting..
Welcome to the MM Net, Captain Steve. Great site, great people. But you already know that from your research. Enjoy your Marauder and don't try to suppress that permanent grin as you're passing other drivers in those cookie cutter vehicles.

Haggis
07-21-2004, 06:03 AM
Welcome to the Cult...er, Collective you will be assimalited, resistance to modding is futile.

Congrats on the Marauder.

MM03MOK
07-21-2004, 06:23 AM
Welcome "Neighbor." Congratulations!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_203.gif

MARAUDERCHICK
07-21-2004, 06:45 AM
:banana: WELCOME STEVE!! :banana:

BEWARE!! DO NOT drive a "modded" Marauder......you will constantly be planning your next mod!!

Awww....what the heck....go ahead and drive one....join the rest of us in the "joy of modifications"!!

Congratulations on your new "baby".....:burnout:

John F. Russo
07-21-2004, 09:44 AM
Welcome aboard.

What were you doing in my neighborhood, i.e. Chelsea "by-the-sea" --born and raised there?

______________________________ _____________________
2003 Dark Blue Pearl 300B (Canadian) w/Light Flint (reversed
traction control, mini spare, trunked 6 disc CD changer,
clock-in-the-radio, heated front seats/mirrors, hood light)
-Born 12/10/02; converted new then used 2/28/03
-23,000 miles
-18.5 mpg at a steady speed of 80 mph, one tank of gas
-Stock transmission (upgraded with Performance Automatic
clutches and band after stock tranny failed in 8,800 miles)
-Wheel locks (Ford); godshead valve stem caps
-Badgeless front grille by “Zack”
-Zaino waxing; RainX
Kenny Brown: 6th “Signature Series” conversion (450 hp) Born
3/28/03 (first drove it)
-Vortech supercharger (5 to 9 psig boost)
-377 RWTQ
-4.10 gears
-Baer front brakes 14 in., two piston, slotted/drilled rotors
-MMX Driveshaft
-Precision, triple disc, P/N469018-3 Precision, triple disc, P/N469018-3
-Ford Racing Stud and Girdle
-Pirelli P-Zero Asimmetrico (front 255/45ZR18 99Y; rear
255/50ZR18 102Y)
-Dead pedal
-FordChip
-3/4 of a coil from each front stock spring removed to produce
the “same” effect as an Eibach spring
-Ground clearance: 5 in.
______________________________ ___________________________
1961 Ford Galaxie, 2 dr. Club Victoria, 390CID, 375hp, 4 barrel (gone)

Captain Steve
07-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Welcome aboard.

What were you doing in my neighborhood, i.e. Chelsea "by-the-sea" --born and raised there?I live in Winthrop, so Chelsea's the next town over... I'm on Rt 16 all the time.

It's funny, I saw another Marauder today.. pulled up behind and one lane over from him.. NH plates. So I tooted my horn (*cough* several times *cough) to get his attention.. next light he beeps back and pulls up next to me and says "I was wondering what all the beeping was about. I was all ready to be mad *laugh*"

jgc61sr2002
07-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Captain Steve - Welcome aboard and congrats on the purchase of your Marauder. :up: Now the fun begins. :)

jrzygrl
07-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Congratulations!!!! Enjoy!!!! :up:

FiveO
07-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Well....how was the first day? :D

Marauderman
07-21-2004, 04:37 PM
I was driving down route 16 in Everett,MA a couple of weeks ago, thinking about what I was going to do about replacing my '94 Explorer. I'm thinking, "Self.. you need to get a sports car" and also "Self.. you love the room in your explorer and you'd hate being jammed into a little tiny sports car.. *sigh* another SUV".

So...I'm at the light at the intersection of Rt28 and this black cop car pulls up in the lane next to me. Only it's not a cop car.. it's a Mercury.. "That looks like one seriously tricked out Grand Marquis", I'm thinking..

So there I am staring at the car, when the light changes and the MM I'm looking at goes away.. "Ooh.. not a Grand Marquis.. WTF is a Marauder?!?" I had never heard of the car.

So, the next day at lunch I started looking around on the internet, trying to find out about these cars. I read about 5 different reviews before I stumbled across this site.

First off - Welcome Aboard- I admit , I do like your introduction of how you found the MM and this site..especially since it's two years old and no one knows our cars but us--with a few left on dealers lots--Cograts on finding one and buying it---of course Black is my vavorite color also--

Anyway-- I , like most others have climbed the ladder of mods and are having the fun of our lives--so check each ones mods in the "garage" section and you can then get an idea of what the person has done to their car before and while talking to them here on the best MM net anywhere.
..Tom

Captain Steve
07-21-2004, 08:34 PM
Well....how was the first day? :D
Well, the car had 12 miles on it this morning... it had 44 by lunchtime .. and I put another hundred on after work..

I'm having a blast.. I especially like how traffic parts in front of me at night on the highway.. only to have people get pissed off when I've passed them doing 68 in a 55...and go blowing by at 90 mph once they've realised i'm not a unmarked police car :)

I'm TRYING to be good and let the car break in.. must resist WOT temptation... must resist ..

FiveO
07-21-2004, 08:42 PM
Well, the car had 12 miles on it this morning... it had 44 by lunchtime .. and I put another hundred on after work..

I'm having a blast.. I especially like how traffic parts in front of me at night on the highway.. only to have people get pissed off when I've passed them doing 68 in a 55...and go blowing by at 90 mph once they've realised i'm not a unmarked police car :)

I'm TRYING to be good and let the car break in.. must resist WOT temptation... must resist ..

Ok people....he fits right in...lets give him the benefit of the doubt :D

The Secret Password is .......just kidding!

Welcome to the addiction Cpt Steve!

Joe Walsh
07-21-2004, 08:51 PM
WOT.....AHHHH, The howl of a DOHC V8 at 6200 rpm...and once you add Kook's headers and a High Flow 2.5" exhaust....HOOOO WEEEE :D :D
I pay the $2.00 toll just to drive my MM through the Baltimore Tunnel with all four windows rolled down...slow down to @ 40mph....then punch it and ENJOY THE SYMPHONY!!!
Welcome to the addiction Captain Steve!

Captain Steve
07-21-2004, 09:08 PM
I'm not sure if this is original.. but I was having a little fun tonight playing some games with speeders... I'd force myself down to exactly the speed limit.. then punch it when somebody would enevitably come flying by and come right up on their tail.. and snicker as the brake lights came on and the car popped out of the passing lane.. I call my game.. "Ack! It's SMOKEY.. or not.."

HwyCruiser
07-21-2004, 09:13 PM
.. and I put another hundred on after work..
Ha! Easy to do just cruising around and enjoying the ride. :up:

Welcome to the MM community!

- JD

FiveO
07-21-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm not sure if this is original.. but I was having a little fun tonight playing some games with speeders... I'd force myself down to exactly the speed limit.. then punch it when somebody would enevitably come flying by and come right up on their tail.. and snicker as the brake lights came on and the car popped out of the passing lane.. I call my game.. "Ack! It's SMOKEY.. or not.."

Impersonating a police officer is a serious offense...!!!!

;)

Eh...better than a SUV....huh?

:D

Captain Steve
07-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Just doing my civic duty to encourage my fellow citizens to obey the law officer..

Now if I was to install the blue LEDs in my grill that my brother in law was telling me about... :rolleyes: ...

Joe Walsh
07-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Impersonating a police officer is a serious offense...!!!!

;)

Eh...better than a SUV....huh?

:D
I love watching their front bumpers drop and spark on the pavement when they see the black MM and SLAM on the brakes!