PDA

View Full Version : Note to Indy Bound MCM's caravaning down...

MI2QWK4U
07-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Just a quick note to give you a chance to buy it before we leave. We found that in the road trips, including Ennis last year, that the handheld FRS radios were indispensable and made things so much easier than cell phones. So if you dont have a set, pick them up! We will use them on the way down, at the track, car show, etc. you can get them at Kmart, Target, Radio Shack, etc. You can get the 5 mile range units now for what the 2 mile units were last year. This is a must...Here is an example:

FRS Radio (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=296&item=5710464057&rd=1)

MarauderMike
07-22-2004, 07:15 PM
I have a set of the old style ones I'll be bringing along. We should also lay out our route, remembering that on Sunday on the way home there is a race at MIS that we don't want to get mixed up in the traffic with. Perhaps going down 94 to 69 to Indy and coming back 69 to 80(Ohio Turnpike) to 75 on the way home Sunday. Any thoughts?

MI2QWK4U
07-22-2004, 08:09 PM
I have a set of the old style ones I'll be bringing along. We should also lay out our route, remembering that on Sunday on the way home there is a race at MIS that we don't want to get mixed up in the traffic with. Perhaps going down 94 to 69 to Indy and coming back 69 to 80(Ohio Turnpike) to 75 on the way home Sunday. Any thoughts?

We should be ok coming back on 94 sunday morning. I am leaving early in the morning to be back for the Gratiot Cruise. We should miss the traffic for MIS. I didnt want to speak for anyone else as to what time we are leaving, but i was thinking 7 am or so for myself. I am trying to get us a few spots at the ford dealership on gratiot.

Bigdogjim
07-22-2004, 08:09 PM
Good move these are great!

Worked very well for us last year ar MVI.

Please bring them to the drag race as we might need some?
Thanks

MarauderMike
07-24-2004, 05:55 AM
Just so we don't forget, Indianapolis is one hour behind Detroit at this time of year.