PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Monthly Breakfast

03 Merc
01-13-2003, 07:45 AM
All,

It's Sunrise Sampler Time! The Atlanta area monthly get together is scheduled for Saturday, January 18th, at 0800. We are meeting at the Cracker Barrel located at Delk Road and I-75 in Marietta. We are now up to four MM's and would like to see more join in!

If you need more information or directions please contact either toddalanfisher, wlbandy, whiteknuckles, or myself...

BTW this is now a monthly recurring event that is scheduled for the 3rd Saturday of every month... So if you can't make this one add it to your calender...

Hope to see you there...

TAF
01-13-2003, 02:59 PM
I'm actually going to BE THERE this Saturday Wayne!!!

LincMercLover
01-13-2003, 03:06 PM
Ya'll need to come up here to the STL! As far as I know it's just me a 93tealcobra (I think that was how he had it?) up here. :alone:

TAF
01-13-2003, 04:08 PM
O.K. Let's see.... the FOUR of us travel north to St. Louis where it MAY hit 20 degrees on Saturday with snow showers...

OR....

You come to ATL where it's going to be 55 degrees and sunny...

Hummmm....

We'll have to get back to you on that one LML....

:confused:

Bob Mathis
01-13-2003, 07:08 PM
03 Merc I amy need some help getting there. I'm thinking about comming up from as far as NewBrockton AL just because I want to and it's my birthday . I may come up on Fri. and stay the night. If you could help with maybe some motels let me know . Bob Mathis E-mail me at bjm03mm@entercomp.com

LincMercLover
01-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Hey, it's gunna be 30 here, and no snow showers, so get it right! :P Just bring your damn coats and be a MAN, geez...

Anyone got any plans for something in FL around Daytona Beach April 12-20? I'm gunna be down there on Spring Break, but doubtfull I'll have the MM... I'd still like to meet ya'll though!

smith5365
01-13-2003, 08:15 PM
LML: You'll be Dennis' backyard. Be sure to go by and let him know we all will visit when in the area, and talk about his plans for the Marauder.

TAF
01-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Didn't know it was going to be a BALMY 30 degrees.

And Mr. Bob...We'd LOVE to have you. I'm actually out of town this week but will do some internet cecking for you. By the way, Birthday breakfast is on ME...so come on up. Maybe Wayne or Bill can check for some hotels, as well. The Cracker Barrel is more in their neck of the woods in the city.

Stay tuned...and plan on coming up...we'll take care of you.

03 Merc
01-14-2003, 05:18 AM
Bob,

You have mail....

LML,

Tradition says you go South for the winter, not North...;) Plus the local SVTOA Chapter we are in will also have a few members show up... all sorts of neat stuff for you to browse.. I keep waiting for the local SS club, GASSIT, to join in as well but they are still just lurking... right Bishop95SS???:P

BTW the with the revised forecast it may be warmer in STL than ATL anyway...:rolleyes:

Bob Mathis
01-14-2003, 07:40 PM
03 Merc we will be there. I'm looking forward to Sat. We have another reason to come up beacause on are way back we can see grand babies. They are my first love and then the MM ,wife dauthers etc,. If you know what I mean. I'll call you tomorrow from my work. Thanks Bob

03 Merc
01-16-2003, 07:46 PM
Bob,

If you need any directions just call my cell...

We will also have some of the local SVTOA group in attendance so it ought to be pretty good turnout..

TAF
01-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Looking forward to meeting you Bob. Really glad you are making the trip!

Wayne, did you ge him some hotel info? Looking forward to seeing you as well...

BODYMAN
01-17-2003, 10:00 AM
LML,
yeah thats me. were gonna have to find more folks in the st. louis area to meet up with. Didn't see on member list anyone else from St Louis surronding area. I'am only about 5 miles from you if youre in O'fallon area. were gonna have to meet up some time (IE LUNCH OR BREAKFEST SOMETIME!!!!!!)

TODD

Bob Mathis
01-19-2003, 06:25 PM
03Merc, the wife and I want to tell you all that we had a get time at breakfast . It was great to see and meet everyone, even if it was cold.
Thanks Toddalanfisher for the breakfast. It was great to see five MM in one parkinglot at one time. I also injoyed beeing where you're talking about MM , Lighting and Cobras. I see how we all like are MM and the things we want to do to them. Also the issues we have with them. We want to come back up in a couple of months. It give us something to do and see grand babies. Boy did we have good time with them. I stopped by the dealer in Columbus and they still had four on the lot and I thing it was from the first. Again thanks guys. And Logan Thanks for this site. I woudln't have meet these guys and hope to meet more. See Ya soon.

TAF
01-19-2003, 06:56 PM
You're welcome any time. Now, get on the phone to Dennis and put those mods in, now that you took mine for a drive! It's like taking delivery all over again.

See you soon...

03 Merc
01-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Bob,

We enjoyed the company... Don't forget to sign in on the SVTOA site and watch for upcoming events. We are doing Callaway Gardens and the POW Memorial in Andersonville sometime this spring / summer. Both of those are a little closer to home for y'all..

ssfugitive
02-17-2003, 07:04 AM
So guys I am here. Good meeting you this last breakfast. Be nice now...ha ha ha.
George

glassman99
02-28-2003, 07:45 PM
New Braselton Marauder owner. What's going on in the Atlanta area?

TAF
02-28-2003, 08:50 PM
We get together on the 3rd Saturday of every month for breakfast meet, Marauder talk, etc. Usually we are joined by some of our friends from SVTOA of Atlanta. (check the photo gallery for some recent pics of a gathering) And OCCASIONALLY we are graced with the presence of Bob from L.A. (that's Lower Alabama for those up north)

We also attend the local SVTOA meetings which are the first Tuesday of each month. (don't tell them I sent you 'cause i've missed the last 3 meetings being out of town) Go to SVTOA.com/chapters/atlanta for more info their. Meeting is next tuesday p.m. at Team Ford of Marietta, a high performance friendly SVT, Saleen, Blue Oval dealer.

Watch here as notices will start in 2 weeks for the Marauder. We'd love to have you join us. Be a sweet ride in from your place.

TAF
02-28-2003, 09:07 PM
We sit around and make fun of all the yankee, Marauder owners that have to have threads about snow tires...winter storage...heated seats...car covers...

<let's see how many of them click on this and read it>

MAD-3R
02-28-2003, 09:26 PM
But our citys don't shut down with two inches of snow. :)

I spent many moons in South GA. Moltrie to be specific. I know how you all panic when solid water falls from the sky. :lol:

ssfugitive
03-03-2003, 09:23 AM
And the occassional invader here and there...Todd.
Moultrie...snow...come on now it only gets cold enough to freeze water outside once every three years. ha ha ha The swap meet is nice.
Lived in South Georgia a few years myself. Lived in the mountains of Tennessee too so not everybody panics in snow. Nothing like travelling down some of those hills with snow and ice!
Any of you local guys thought of going over to Thunder Road for their cruise in, show, or just to check the place out?
The svtoa meeting invade-able or will i get run out?