PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Wax

Paul T. Casey
07-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Just tried out the new Platinum wax from Turtle wax the other day. I love the shine, but it's not for the weak of heart, or elbows for that matter. I'd stack the finised product up against the clay bar shines I've seen. This wax seems to dry a little better than other waxes I've used in the past. I think it is more of a petroleum based wax rather than water based. (I came to this conclusion through my nose.) It's a little tougher to put on than the old stuff, but it seems to be worth the effort. Because of the better drying characteristics, those annoying swirls in the paint don't seem to show up. My theory is they are caused by wax that doesn't dry and therefore doesn't get removed when you "wipe away the excess." The car looks better than new, even in direct sunlight. For lack of a better description, it seems to have a "glow" to the finish. I'll let all know if it doesn't stand up to washing, or if any other not so good thing happens. For right now though, it seems to be a winner! :up:

shawn744
07-23-2004, 08:46 PM
anyone have any experience with wax in general not taking well to these cars?.....mainly the hood, roof, and trunk...i use zymol wax (used on BMW, Ferarri, Bentley, etc)....it takes unbelievably to my 03 Acura TL-S....but not the marauder...after 1-2 months it's almost gone on the roof, hood, and trunk....gonna try mothers wax on those areas...

MarauderMark
07-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Well someone on here said something about this crystal guard which when i am done with my zaino will give this a try as well..

Crystal Guard (http://www.crystalguard.com/)