PDA

View Full Version : All Night Drags Cedar Falls

duhtroll
08-01-2004, 12:25 PM
Cedar Falls Raceway is having another "all-night street drags" this coming Saturday. (Aug. 7th) I believe we will have 3 if not 4 Marauders there.]

Gates open at 10PM and runs go from 11PM - ??? in the AM

Here's the site:

http://www.cedarfallsraceway.com/index.html

Anyone up for trashing some ricers? From what I hear we get HS kids at this event in their Pep Boys Specials.

It's a great track - hope to see some of you there.

Thanks,
-A

FiveO
08-01-2004, 01:01 PM
I'd come down but I'm on call :( so I can't leave my county.

Kooks and Torque Converter should be going in late next week sometime.

I'll get down there after that for some more test runs before the s/c.

jwheeler
08-01-2004, 03:43 PM
I'm in, and it better not rain this time! I just went to the Night of Fire event last night and I'm pumped! :burnout:

-J

TooManyFords
08-01-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm in! I have to get my "secret project" exhaust done this week cause ya have to run mufflers. ;)

John

jwheeler
08-01-2004, 07:12 PM
Come on John, what are you dreaming up now? Simulated mufflers? I bet you are going to install dual coffee can fart pipe mufflers with the flaming tips. :bows:

Am I right? :lol:

-J

FiveO
08-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Come on John, what are you dreaming up now? Simulated mufflers? I bet you are going to install dual coffee can fart pipe mufflers with the flaming tips. :bows:

Am I right? :lol:

-J

Probably those "whistle inserts" that duhtroll posted about earlier ;) :D

TooManyFords
08-02-2004, 05:26 AM
Guess you'll just have to wait till Friday!

;)

jwheeler
08-05-2004, 04:44 PM
John, how's the top secret rice repellent coming? :o

-J

TooManyFords
08-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Geez! I hope I have time tomorrow afternoon to get them "hooked up". Otherwise I have to run with the stock system. Crossing fingers!

John

jwheeler
08-07-2004, 11:37 AM
It looks like no rain! :banana2: Andrew and John, what time are you guys going to show up? We have a tractor pull in Waverly that I'm going to for a while first. I should be there by 11:00.

Let the rice eating begin! :up:

-J

TooManyFords
08-07-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm planning to be out there at 10pm and I think Andrew said the same thing when I talked to him yesterday.

See ya then!!

john

duhtroll
08-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Yep -

I'm out at 10. I think I might have the house remodeled by then (hosting a big party tomorrow).

I haven't had time to put on my blower package yet. :eek:

OK, j/k. I'm absolutely :censor: broke for the next few months.

See you there (anyone else coming??? C'mon guysngals! PERFECT weather tonight and a great track!)

-A

duhtroll
08-08-2004, 03:33 PM
And the results?

I thought I had wasted $20 until my last run of the "night" which I had decided was at about 2:30 AM.

There were a bazillion people there, so I only got in 4 runs.

Run 1 - warmup - 14.5xx at 96.xx

OK, NBD.

Run 2 - tree malfunctions. I am left with an automatic redlight and at the end of everything get charged with a 16.9 something. Yay.

Run 3 - I spun everywhere. Alot. Halfway down the track. Smoke everywhere. I felt like I was S/C. People watching thought I blew something. Turns out the track was soaked from all those street tires going through the water "box" (which was a water "continent" by this time). Ended up with all the spinning at 16.6. Go frigin' figure. :shake:

Run 4 - Redlight. I hit a light of 0.494 :censor: I missed it by "that much." I had been getting really good at timings. Maybe I was so worried about hooking up I was anxious.

HOWEVER - the redlight was my best time. Ever. Since I was not in competition for anything I am counting it.

14.39 @97. Dropped almost a tenth from my previous best time.

Went home happy to scrape my tires off my rear plastic. Um, later. :D

So TMF, JWheeler, what did you guys end up with?

-A

FiveO
08-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Nice! :up:

I'll be down there in a few weeks....after a few mods! :)

jwheeler
08-08-2004, 04:17 PM
14.53 at 96.43 was my best run of the night. I was right around there for all of my runs. I know this car has a a couple more tenths in it. I had bad wheelspin on every launch. I need new tires bad! After I took the spare tire and sub box out I spun even worse. I ended up not running any better after taking out almost 200lbs! But, it was a blast.

Are you guys ready to do it again of the 28th?!
:banana2:
-J

TooManyFords
08-08-2004, 04:22 PM
My first run of 14.30 turned out to be my best of two runs. Like Andrew, my second run of 14.60 was due to spinning through the first 200 feet.

But not getting my afternoon nap made it apparent that the kids did indeed have something on me.... youth! god I miss being able to stay up all night!! ;)

I'll make SURE I get my nap next time!

John

duhtroll
08-08-2004, 08:00 PM
I'm pretty much done for this year. MAYBE one of the fall Fridays to see what a really cool dry day can do for the times. I just don't want to run the risk of damaging something from too many track runs. Sounds weenie, I know, but it's still a "new" car to me.

Next summer when/if I do further mods I will check to see what I can get out of her. I know I can probably do slightly better thanI have currently, (we all can probably) but I only went into this "racing" part just so I have hard numbers to talk about, and now I have them.

You never know, I could always be up for it. Just depends upon my mood. I've accomplished what I wanted with the car for this stage of mods.

It's been a hoot, though! Let's schedule a trip to (secret location) for that (secret project) next summer!

-A

TooManyFords
08-10-2004, 06:56 AM
Here's the only picture I got of you that came out.

Enjoy!

john

http://john.frieltek.com/images/wheelerdrags1.jpg

jwheeler
08-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Thanks John! I'm going to try to hit the one on August 28th. You interested?

-J

duhtroll
08-12-2004, 11:17 AM
You guys should do a test n' tune Friday night (pick one). We got 10 runs in each at the first one, and could have easily had many more. As opposed to 4 at the all night drags and I was there for a longer period of time.

$5 a pass vs. $2 (or less) a pass. Just a thought.

-A

TooManyFords
08-12-2004, 05:27 PM
I was thinking of tomorrow night... There really isn't a whole lot on Saturday, no points races, so the Friday Night T&T should be pretty dead! That and we should still be in the mid 60's for temperature!

John

FiveO
08-12-2004, 05:32 PM
My new PI Torque converter and full Kooks system is going on tomorrow during the day.

If I get her up and running before 3:30pm and she's running good...maybe I'll head on down :)

I'll post tomorrow afternoon after my stuff is done. It would be great to get another baseline before the Trilogy on Sept. 6th.

TooManyFords
08-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Sweet! Keep me posted!!

;)

john

duhtroll
08-12-2004, 05:43 PM
So Mark - let me get this straight.

YOU are getting a Trilogy kit put in on MY birthday?

That hurts, man. :depress:

-A

FiveO
08-12-2004, 06:00 PM
So Mark - let me get this straight.

YOU are getting a Trilogy kit put in on MY birthday?

That hurts, man. :depress:

-A

Sorry Andrew... :( Gotta do it though.

Talked with Lidio today.

I'll be leaving from MN on Sept. 5th at 10pm and arrive at his shop around 8am. 3 day install and I'll be set.

With the new torque converter and full Kooks system I'd like to see 14.5. Thats why I'd love to get down there tomorrow evening. Baseline before the Trilogy.

I'll see how she's running when I get out of the shop tomorrow afternoon.

Mark...

FiveO
08-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it.

Cars still in the shop....almost done though!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12088

duhtroll
08-13-2004, 08:13 PM
With the full Kook's system and TC setup you should be hitting 13.8 or better. I'm at 14.3 and Friel's at 14.1 and neither of us have a TC.

-A

FiveO
08-13-2004, 08:21 PM
I don't have a chip though...and I believe you do...right?

I'd have been happy with 14.5 tonight.

Of course it could all change tomorrow when I start the car at the shop....haven't even been able to hear it yet :(

Gimme a day and I'll run a few times with the GTimer and see what the improvements are.