PDA

View Full Version : OEM Exterior, Interior and Performance Ideas

mrmark
01-15-2003, 10:35 AM
Hey Fellow MM Lovers,

I sincerely love the MM, but there has been one thing that is troubling to me. Mercury has never had a strong racing heritage. Sure they had a couple of NASCAR wins in the 70's, but the marque is generally thought of as the lazy stepchild to Ford. The MM logo is boring and doesn't even say Marauder on it. Yeah, yeah, I remember the Eliminators, Cyclones, etc.., but even those are just a footnote in musclecar history because of their performance.

I previously had a modified 1995 Impala SS. There were many exterior, interior and performance OEM things that could be done to that platform to make a very unique looking car (ie. red Monte Carlo red chevy badge on grille, T-84 export headlights, underbody brake air deflectors, 9C1 windshield wipers, etc.). Some owners even used past Impala OEM badges and/or decals to make a very unique but not gaudy or cheesy ride. The MM's have no such "famous" lineage thus no OEM parts exists, to incorporate into the platfrom, (Old Mauraders were dogs, IMHO). This is the reason I created this post. Does anyone have any ideas about using current or past Mercury exterior OEM badges, grilles, or decals to replace the existing ones? It can be off another model Mercury if it looks good, but it has to be OEM.

Also, any interior or performance OEM mods would be sincerely appreciated, too.

Thanks Much,
Mark
2003 Blue MM with Flint Int.
1990 F-250
1995 KLR650
1999 ST1100
2000 SV650S

sep10
01-15-2003, 10:43 AM
marauder letters off '69 or '70 forget which - I bought 'em thru mail but they're original. Marauder flags from '65: c-pillar. Marauder script '70 I think. T-bird flags '56 ot '57 in place of Marauder flag @ c-pillar

Macon Marauder
01-15-2003, 10:55 AM
Um, well - Maybe I'm showing my age here, but Mercury does have an incredible racing heritage. Look back to the early 60's when Marauders ruled everything from Pike's peak to NASCAR.

jefferson-mo
01-15-2003, 10:59 AM
Maybe someone with a really good photoshop could dress an '03 MM in the '63-'64 Parnelli Jones Pikes Peak colors.......after watching my Marauder DVD I had that thought...but not the resources to act on it.........

:bows:

:beatnik: :beer:

Macon Marauder
01-15-2003, 11:08 AM
Maybe I should just shut up because I don't have any ideas along these lines, but:

hey - mrmark - how about posting some pics of that blue Marauder? Many of us would love to see it!

sep10
01-15-2003, 11:40 AM
Parnelli did rule. seen Marauder @ Times GP in 60s but Dan Gurney won so often in a Galaxie.
Try an "engine turned" panel somewhere. My '65 has an area below trunk lid I am filling w/ one when I get extra $$ to do so. My dash is shiny semi-engine-turned.
Retro 60s mags ?
AND: if anyone from CA [ me ] : get Californian script from '55 Packard I believe. Gaudy - but hey who am I to say ?
Californian

Larry Vogel
01-15-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Macon Marauder
Um, well - Maybe I'm showing my age here, but Mercury does have an incredible racing heritage. Look back to the early 60's when Marauders ruled everything from Pike's peak to NASCAR.

Well said Macon, also check out the Marauder websites for more early information. Marauder"s were conceived from performance from the get-go and left their mark early on. :cool: :coolman:

A good site to go to is http://home01.wxs.nl/~deerm002/ (home01.wxs.nl/~deerm002/)

Auto Krafters has the fender flags from the 63-64 Marauders avail.

RCSignals
01-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Macon Marauder

not jst the '60, but the '50s as well. Mercurys always offered more muscle than Ford

MassMarauder
01-15-2003, 04:55 PM
mrmark - would love to see pics. I was going to hold out for that flint interior. ...but decided to take advantage of the rebates. Course, now they've gone and extended them.