PDA

View Full Version : Jet Hot will be CooKing my Kooks headers :)

Dan
08-03-2004, 02:21 PM
I sent my headers out to Jet-Hot today. I am getting the Jet Hot 2000 treatment, which, unfortunately, does not come in the silver. I was informed by them that due to the higher exhaust temps that a charged car has the potential for the JH2K would be the best.

The coating is good to temps up to 2200. They handle to prep work on the headers and then they do their thing. The total cost to me, not including shipping, was under $200.00

I went for the blue coating, of course. :)

I can't wait until they come back. Better yet, I can't wait until they go on. I have a GTO to arm wrestle (on the private road course, of couse. :))

I am glad that I am at a point in my life where getting a job done right is way more important then getting the job done. If I were 10 years younger I would have put them on by now and that would have been that.

Best,

Dan

TooManyFords
08-03-2004, 03:30 PM
I sent my headers out to Jet-Hot today. I am getting the Jet Hot 2000 treatment, which, unfortunately, does not come in the silver.

I went for the blue coating, of course. :)

Is there a link to where we can see this new blue coating??

Way cool!!

John

Dan
08-03-2004, 05:13 PM
I don't think that it is new.

I'll make this post and go check. Give me a sec. :)

Best,

Dan

Dan
08-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Well, I couldn't find a photo. Even though I know one was shown to me.

Sorry. If I find one I'll be back to post it.

Best,

Dan

BillyGman
08-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Well, I dunno what they wil look like since I've never seen that, but from what I've heard, you've just chosen the best ceramic coating vailable for your headers, and I believe that coating will likely last you a decade.

Dan
08-04-2004, 03:42 AM
In the photo that I saw it was not a deep blue like one would expect. It is more like an ash blue, in the medium blue color range.

When I called them up to talk they were helpful but what sold me was that, the very next day, I recived a box with their video, sales lit, reprints and a packing lable. All I had to do was put my car # on them and ship them out.

This is good customer service.

Best,

Dan

PS: I have learned that this is who Kooks, uses, too.

rayjay
08-04-2004, 04:41 AM
I have used them before. You will not regret your choice :rock:

BillyGman
08-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Dan, I just went on the jetHot website, and according to what it's saying, the jetHot 2000 coating that you're talking about only comes in grey. Can it be that you've made a mistake about the color?

Dan
08-08-2004, 11:39 AM
I was told by the rep that I can get the JH2K in black, blue or grey. I'll call him again to be sure.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan
08-23-2004, 06:47 AM
I was told by the rep that I can get the JH2K in black, blue or grey. I'll call him again to be sure.

Thanks,

Dan

This is now confirmed. The JetHot 2000 is available in black, blue and gray. I spoke with Todd at Jet Hot this morning.

Just as an FYI - the blue is really quite close to the Marauder blue. It should look trick.

Best,

Dan

BillyGman
08-23-2004, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the update Dan. I was wondering about that.