PDA

View Full Version : Kook's Cat Converter Warantee

nick filippides
08-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Hey All, I apologize about not chiming in sooner regarding Darebren and a couple of other forum members who've had issues with our cats. I was away on vacation.
Let it be known that we've had a handful of cats come apart almost immediately after the installation. We believe the above average temperature the Merc Marauder exhaust systems operate at may be the culprit. We're seeing 2-3 hundred degree temp differences at the cats with 2 and 4 valve Ford engines in general, regardless of vehicle type. Of course we can also blame it on a faulty run of cats from Magnaflow which may be more in line with what most would believe. Anyway you look at it, we've had a couple of sets go bad and we addressed and rectified the problem as quick as possible. We want to let all Kook's customers past or future know we're going to stand behind the product and replace any defective catalytic converter for a full 2 years from the date of purchase. Within the past two months we upgraded our cats to a newer Magnaflow design that should be able to withstand whatever you guys can dish out. This is not to say that the older cats have been problematic. Again we've had but a few bad cats but we want future customers to know that we're here to satisfy and continue to build an extremely high quality product. :up: Regards, Nick "Kook's Headers"

FiveO
08-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks Nick.

I for one appreciate a business that stands behind their product and works hard to get things taken care of.

The system I got from you is going in next Friday, and I'm guessing I have the new cats as I only got it a couple weeks ago.

BruteForce
08-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Great to hear, Nick. If I had to do it all over, I would still choose Kooks for my exhaust system. :rock:

CRUZTAKER
08-06-2004, 03:34 PM
I never doubted your reputation Nick/George, nor your product....;)

My cats are holding up nicely, but with the way I race this car, and the fuel I use....I may be calling you sooner than I'd like!:rock:

DirtyDog
08-06-2004, 05:23 PM
I had a cat go at 200 miles. I called Kooks and they sent me a new one with no problem. 500 miles later the other side went. They decided there was a problem with the cats from Magnaflow and made the decision to upgrade the cats. They sent me two new cats and since the new cats were a little larger they even had to re-engineer the pipe from the collector to the x-pipe. They were on top of this and had it all worked out in two weeks. I’m impressed with their customer service.

Thanks a lot Nick and George,

Dave

TooManyFords
08-07-2004, 07:17 AM
That is awesome!

Thanks Nick!

John

cyclone03
08-07-2004, 08:24 AM
Nick any evidence that all the leftover mettal chips and oil left in the pipes after manufactor are find there way into the converters?

Maybe a big warning note to clean and degrease the inside of all tubes before install may help here.

darebren
08-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Nick, thanks for your phone call, and attention, and notice to all. really appreciate everythng..